Forum › Citrus discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Cmon atleast 1 more chapter with fluffy love stuff before the wedding :(

ikr... I waited for this for years, literally, years, since chapter one when i was still reading on mangahere. Such a shame to give us so little of their happy ever after life. Could've easily missed a filler or 2 or 10 in exchange for some fluff... But well i'm glad it ended, and we got to see and extremely cute Mei at the end there so i'm quite satisfied, all things considerd.

That panel where Matsuri looks at Yuzu's finger nail length disapprovingly made my day though haha, i had been thinking that since day 1. She'd cut them no problem though. like in fluttering feelings.... and now i made myself sad

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A better ending would've been Meitron losing control and Harumin coming from a window blowing off the crazy android head with a shotgun, and take Yuzu saying "The time has come, come with me... We're running out of time and she will recover soon, I must take you to safety"
Yuzu: W- What hell is going on?! Why is this happening, Harumi?!
Harumi: I'm not Harumi... I'm your daughter, Yuzuha.

Surely Shirapon and her henchmen could play a significant role in such a scenario? I wanted more of those guys . . .

Seriously, readers have been writing a better Citrus than Sabu ever since the arranged-marriage reared its ugly and ultimately impotent head (if not before).

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Great days

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

And if Sabu is going to continue the series in some way, then why rush to the end?

I mean its pretty clear that the manga was canned and Saburota was given a set amount of chapters to wrap the series up. This isn't something that isn't an uncommon occurrence and it sucks for stuff like this to happen, but there's little that can be done about it. Citrus probably just wasn't selling well anymore, or Yuri Hime felt it was time to let the series go.

They already announced a Citrus spin-off called Citrus plus. Its announcement is Chaosteam's credits page for chapter 41.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 10:19AM

Img_20180804_134146_602
joined Nov 12, 2016

I'm so happy.♡♡♡

Owo
joined Jun 17, 2018

welp, happy wedding ending..... sadly it was rushed.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’ve already suggested a Citrus 4-koma with Mei as the tsundere headmistress and Yuzu as the wacky school nurse.

That could be awesome, and wouldn’t need to bother with, you know, character development and coherent plot and junk like that, just sneaking kisses in the infirmary and embarrassing hickeys and body-measurement hijinks and so on.

Could be great days ahead, folks.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 10:21AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I wonder how quickly Citrus would have ended if Ena from Yuunagi Marbled had been parachuted down to takeover protagonist duties from Yuzu. I'm guessing 2 volumes?

I want a yuri crossover where Harumin and Chikaru Minamoto from SP end up together to become the best thing ever.

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

HOLY SHEEET.

It's a actually happy ending. I can't believe.

I'm so happy. But i'm can't believe the author really did the right thing. I was already beting on bittersweet ending. WOW.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

It may be rushed, it may be mediocre, it may be unsatisfying but I still cried happily over this. I have no idea why ;-;

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wonder how quickly Citrus would have ended if Ena from Yuunagi Marbled had been parachuted down to takeover protagonist duties from Yuzu. I'm guessing 2 volumes?

Oh man, now I want to see Ena pull Mei’s cheeks and tell her how cute she is and get her to cut out her moping so bad I can taste it.

$25 right here to whoever can make that happen.

joined Jan 5, 2018

That ending was so rushed it might be a happy ending but god damm did it fail to deliver a great ending ......

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rainillo posted:

It may be rushed, it may be mediocre, it may be unsatisfying but I still cried happily over this. I have no idea why ;-;

Well, rushed endings with a wedding is much better than time skip open endings without any pair at all or not even a kiss.

Icon
joined Sep 22, 2015

Finally The End ... This is the sweetest Manga ever ... ❤️

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

the ending seemed rushed but its satisfying enough to see a happy ending with a marriage conclusion...its either this...or another arc filled with heavy drama.

Applicationframehost_2018-12-19_14-19-07
joined Jul 23, 2017

Is it finally over?

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Is it finally over?

Citrus plus spin-off starts this winter.

joined Jun 13, 2017

Author decided to break the sound barrier and end the story just like that? Like, cool I guess but it's literally what everyone theorized but less. Yuzi goes to save Mei, Mei breaks down yada yada boom, marriage.

It seems like such a soulless ending imo

But while Citrus had major roadbumps, I'm happy that Yuzu (and Mei I guess...) got the joy she deserves

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 11:07AM

joined Dec 16, 2017

It's...unfortunate. I'm glad it ended, but there is much too much left to be desired. It went too well after all that trouble. Everyone seemed to have casually accepted the outcome of a conversation between these two -one of which was to inherit something massive for the family. I'm left wanting a bit more conflict and closure. But that being said, congrats to the author and thank you to both them and the translation team. I'm grateful for your efforts. It was a good read.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

The magic words in yuri mangas: "Do you hate me?".
Somehow always works.

Also page 21 - 24 every picture should deserve a dedicated chapter till the wedding. Also side protagonist should used be better and give them side stories. Harumin is like a wasted big oportunity.
This last 2 chapters so bad, destroyed the entire manga.
Good firsts chapters, mediocre middle chapters, very bad last chapters.
Also only me thinking the quality of drawing was slightly better before at the first chapters? This drawing quality still good.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 11:10AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg... i need moreee!!!!!( ゚д゚) i kinda want to see them have a steamy moment i can only hope for that in the spin-off...

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 11:19AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's...unfortunate. I'm glad it ended, but there is much too much left to be desired. It went too well after all that trouble. Everyone seemed to have casually accepted the outcome of a conversation between these two -one of which was to inherit something massive for the family.

Right—did I miss it, or was there any clue whatsoever about what happens with the school/inheritance business that was supposedly driving the entire endgame plot?

Chapter 36,
Mei to Yuzu: “I wish we could be together, but we can’t because I need to inherit the school and save the family.”

Chapter 41,
Yuzu to Mei: “We need to be together.”
Mei: “OK.”

joined Aug 22, 2016

And I must also say: my theory way back in February that Mei was just being insecure and simply needed Yuzu to step up and be firm about wanting to be with her turned out to be true. She needed a "grandiose demonstration" of love. Problems were all in her head.

Ah, yes my dear. As a woman all of your horrid problems were merely a figment of your imagination. Now, do not fret as it was none of your fault, but that of the cycles of the moon and tides of the sea.

I do not assume that is how you meant it, but saying it was all in her head reminded me of this. That said, Mei's problems were hardly "all in her head". Her life and even Yuzu didn't make is easy for her to speak up. And often times both moved to silence her. I once defended Citrus, and I do think there may be some good qualities worth discussing though no longer to defend, but I will say that it does paint a clear picture of why Mei was the way she was and why she had such a hard time trusting and believing others. None of her problems were simply in her head.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 11:40AM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

I'm glad it's the Yuri ending, thanks translation Team :).

...But where's my Kiss between Matsuri and Harumin? xD

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

Wow this was way more underwhelming than I thought it would be, if Mei had broken in tears at the sight of Yuzu, went and kissed her and from there make everything right herself this could have been decent, but no, now it seems that all the problems she had with their relationship weren't problems at all and she was just playing hard to get? funny how everyone else opinion on the matter, their mom and dad even their grandpa mattered so little we didn't even see what they said to come out, like everyone was like "cool" and happy ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.