Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

This needs a Discussion Board Tag Aaaaaangst tag.

I dunno about you but these posts are hilarious

Yep. They're part of the fun of reading this manga. But, yeah, the tag would be on point.

Yeah, though this is my second account.. the first one I made it with my real name and it brought me problems lol cause people I know could google my name and it would show on this page full of yuri XD (like an accidental coming out of the closet lul).

Viiiixi! Must have been weird, to say the least.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Boy I really like what's out of this so far! I think I need to reread all the chapters again before I make a longer post about this, but even though nobody's outright said, "I'm gay and I wanna fuck this girl" it sure feels a lot more about being gay than like any other subtext type of series that I've seen. Like nothing's been said outright, but it feels like the author is super clear on yes, these girls are obviously gay for each other, it's just that the girls themselves are still confused.

And it's funny cuz it's taking some of the oldest class-s tropes in the book, "cool senpai who's good at everything plz notice me!!!" but then undercutting most of it. Senpai isn't actually that cool, and also they're in a mixed-gender school. Even that boy was like, "Hey if you have a crush on her just join her club!", and if the girls wanted to go flirting with boys, well, they're right there, and there's other girls doing exactly that.

Also the dads super seem like they're picking up on what's going on. They both get that amused parental expression, and drop subtle lines about how they're supportive of their "friendship."

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm anticipating that a peck on the cheek will soon materialize into being, that or they have a hardcore make out session.

Come on not a lizard don't fail me now!

last edited at Aug 4, 2018 11:30AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... or they have a hardcore make out session.

Author should go for an epic twist; continue at this pace, then at some point have a third character walk into the aquarium club where a tied up Kotatsu is currently being domme'd by a dressed up Honami. And they just go "oops, looks the cat's out of the bag. Guess we can stop acting like oblivious schoolgirls now ... "

The heat must be getting to me.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So confused... Which one's the "sub" in this relationship? Or is it because they do it underwater and off panel (so we only see the text)?

Was it the author who referred to it as "Girls-ship" at the end of volume 1, or a translation option? Seems a pretty appropriate description at this point.

There's the tag we need, straight from the author:

Awkward & Unbalanced

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So much friendship.

When they will be married, their kids will play together.

Well of course they will. They'll be siblings, after all.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I totally think he was, indeed.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ... I won't be fooled again. guitar riffs

Thanks, George.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also the dads super seem like they're picking up on what's going on. They both get that amused parental expression, and drop subtle lines about how they're supportive of their "friendship."

OMG, I think I just started shipping the two dads . . .

joined Jun 30, 2016

I fucking hate those kind of people that thinks that their "idols" or people that they admire need to live and act in just one way, like they are their owners or something, luckily that chick apologize for doing that, one must live by their own believes and for what they love, not for the expectations of others.

C016
joined Apr 24, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch11#20
i feel sorry for that girl who got "handsome foreigner"

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I fucking hate those kind of people that thinks that their "idols" or people that they admire need to live and act in just one way, like they are their owners or something, luckily that chick apologize for doing that, one must live by their own believes and for what they love, not for the expectations of others.

Psst, it's the author's subtle warning to everyone who expects actually yuri from those two ...

joined May 25, 2017

forget konatsu and honami, hirose is extra gay

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

@Pyoro bro are you seriously saying that these two gal pals aren't totally holding hands when their parents aren't home?

joined Oct 5, 2016

The dads get together

The girls just stay as friends

Dynasty explodes

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

The dads get together

Holy shit that would be hilarious.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch11#20
i feel sorry for that girl who got "handsome foreigner"

I have to assume that there's someone specific at the school that the signmaker had in mind. Like a french exchange student that everybody knows, or something.

It's a pretty dick move otherwise, for sure. ;p

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The dads get together

Dynasty explodes

Eh, I'd still read it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The dads get together

Dynasty explodes

Eh, I'd still read it.

Their current level of Friendship is already gayer than a fair few series tagged Yuri so wouldn't even be mad. o3ob

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The dads get together

Dynasty explodes

Isn't that basically just Nanashi no Asterism?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

@Pyoro bro are you seriously saying that these two gal pals aren't totally holding hands when their parents aren't home?

Naw, as alluded to on the previous page I'm sure they're doing all sorts of things; but it's fun to pretend that the author is just an incredible troll or as oblivious as their characters and having no clue what they are writing.

"I don't get these reactions. I'm just writing about girl friendship. What are you people going on about?"

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Gaaaaaaay coughs i mean- Friendsssssss

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

GAAAAaaAAaAAAAaAAaaaAAaAAAaaaaAAaAAAAAAaaaaaYYyYYyYYYyyyyYYYYYYYY

Yup.

last edited at Aug 6, 2018 11:06AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

First series to ever require an Insane amounts of subtext tag.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The dads get together

Dynasty explodes

Isn't that basically just Nanashi no Asterism?

Nanashi no Asterism ends with the strong indication that two of the three leads end up together, or at least very likely could. The triangle has essentially resolved itself at the end of the series, people just rail against it because they can't take ambiguity. The main character recognizes that she never had a chance and moves on. I get that it isn't the ending a lot of people wanted, but c'mon, do we really have to rehash this all over the place?

To reply you must either login or sign up.