Forum › I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up discussion

joined Oct 17, 2016

Had to keep myself from breaking out into the biggest smile at the dinner table infront of my homophobic mom while reading ths great chapter.

10/10 would do again

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Kodama Naoko avoided drama for once? holy shit I actually liked this too what is happening!?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Machi telling off her shitlord mother was 11/10 aces.

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

no drama? holy moly, i cant believe this.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Had to keep myself from breaking out into the biggest smile at the dinner table infront of my homophobic mom while reading ths great chapter.

10/10 would do again

Same here, just watching TV and trying to cover my phone as much as I can without raising suspicion

I was expecting a lot of angst from this series, and a series, to be honest 3 chapters were just too less
I guess this is fine too

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Nice series. I wish it would last longer :3

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Completed? Noooo

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Right right so before i start ranting i just need to say that this is probably one of, if not the greatest Kodama Naoko work with an explicitly shown lesbian character. But i digress, not all is good without its faults.

For starters i felt it was too horribly short. I like where it went with her mom coming and the senpai dealing with it, but we don't get much of what happened between her and her mom besides that last panel showing her irritated mother and the picture of the happy couple. Im not asking for her mom to come to terms fully but at least stretch her as a plit device a little longer. I wanted to see the relationships between questioning adult children and their parents more!

Secondly is Hana, up till now a sweet cinnamon roll. But aha! For she might or might have had an ex who might ir might not still have baggage with her. It was extremely frustrating to suddenly see a change in Hana towards the senpai that felt very ooc when she had been very straight(lol)forward this whole time. Why suddenly have second thoughts now? When you're already done and married in the first place. To top it all off i hated to see her out her senpai on the spot. You don't just go and put a questioning person with the ultimatum of "you're either gonna be willing to have gay sex with me or im leaving because i if not it means you're straight". It just left a slightly bad taste in my mouth. Overall i enjoyed the manga lot regardless

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

I was hoping it was going it be longer but overall I liked it and the drama wasn't usual angst his author's is known for.

joined Jun 9, 2018

I felt the stench of the NTR in the previous chapter, I hope it does not go down that route.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

What? Kodama actually didn't go for cliche drama and made a fully happy ending with character growing? Who could have possibly seen it coming, right?

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 7:58AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

It's too bad none of Kodama's fluffy works are as long and as developed as her soap opera ones. It's like she doesn't know what to write about after they get their happy ending :(

Streptococcus pneumoniae
00213_opt
joined Sep 23, 2017

Damn... Kodama did an adorable story this time, and I didn't have enough of it!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chikaon posted:

It's too bad none of Kodama's fluffy works are as long and as developed as her soap opera ones. It's like she doesn't know what to write about after they get their happy ending :(

To be fair majority of artist don't and they probably think reading about it will be boring.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

That was fluffy, but too short. =3= 1-2 chapters more would have been perfect.

joined Oct 15, 2014

Phew, it's short but thank God there's no NTR or Cheating tag involve.

Fb_img_1505910576160
joined Jan 8, 2016

Phew, it's short but thank God there's no NTR or Cheating tag involve.

I feel you man, i feel the same way about those cursed tags

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Woah? No plot twist, no drama? True happy ending for once? Geez what a pleasant surprise >_< But yeah it is totes because of the short length that it was this sweet (feel kinda rushed too, so I am guessing she was told to wrap up her story or sth by the editors). Ha, at least now all the haters cannot say Kodama doesn't know how to write fluff, in your face losers~

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Omg. I love absolutely everything about this... Especially that last chapter, for some reasons it's the complete opposite of everything I've expected from a Kodama work - I loveeeeeeeee it!! Even that ex gf cameo was a pleasant addition. I feel so satisfied even though it's so short.

Hana is so cute and...honorable........ ;__; We need more sunflower child like her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Probably the ratings were not stellar so the editor told her to wrap it in one chapter. Just guessing, but mangakas rarely cut their manga short willingly.

The end was okay. Nothing that hasn't been done before, but nice anyway.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Happy end is best end

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Or maybe everything was solved quickly and realistically so there was no point dragging it longer. There was no real room to make it longer without stretching some parts unnecessary or going dangerously close into pointless drama territory. Kodama wrote really good short story, which wouldn't really work as longer one, unless you wanted her to make it into long, painful drama and angst fest.

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 9:21AM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

That was very sweet, I hope we get more stuff like this from this author.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Probably the ratings were not stellar so the editor told her to wrap it in one chapter. Just guessing, but mangakas rarely cut their manga short willingly.

I thought that too but when I went back to reread chapter 1, the magazine inserts were advertising it as "a short, intense series". It was probably supposed to be this length.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Maybe she just wanted to shut up people who went on and on about her other works? Or she at some point and read Stretch and told herself "Jeez, that story could have been properly wrapped up in 3 chapters and still be 300% more gay!" ... and then did exactly that ^^;

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 9:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.