Forum › I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up discussion

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I like that the ex was actually upset she ended up helping them.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Beautiful.

joined Jan 8, 2018

Short , near Vanilla, Good plot, and by kodama naoko. I Genuinely didn't expect that...

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Okay, sending the mom that postcard was fucking hilarious. Kinda evil, but in a weird, justified way, made me laugh.

I liked that the two of them weren't all over the top in terms of stupid actions that introduce soap opera levels of drama. In the end, they had their issues, but tackled it in a pretty adult-like manner and managed to properly communicate things. Nice.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Chikaon posted:

It's too bad none of Kodama's fluffy works are as long and as developed as her soap opera ones. It's like she doesn't know what to write about after they get their happy ending :(

To be fair majority of artist don't and they probably think reading about it will be boring.

Yeah i know most people dont go beyond the getting together phase because writing about the stuff after the honeymoon period is hard af. It takes a lot of skill to write about an actual relationship that will keep people interested long term.

RomanticGuy153
joined May 21, 2018

Way too short!
The mother was a sad "thing", but i liked how Machi handled her. Also, the troll card, totally loved it (and deserved...)! This kind of thing is sad, but at the same time, I alway love when a woman protect her loved one.
I first thought than Hana was a way too good waifu for Machi, but at end, they form a perfect match :)

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 10:28AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Probably the ratings were not stellar so the editor told her to wrap it in one chapter. Just guessing, but mangakas rarely cut their manga short willingly.

Huh. Interesting that you thought the exact same thing about NTR (just happened to notice your post near the top of the page there). And yet, as someone pointed out here, it was meant to be a short series to start with and marketed as such.

Maybe it's nothing to do with the editor, and you just don't like how she does endings?

joined Sep 25, 2015

YES! A GOOD ENDING!

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Short manga but it is still cute! ^^

joined Aug 29, 2015

This is short but good. There's a lot of yuri manga/manhwa out there that milks the one-sided feeling aspect of the love story before some developments actually happen.

I thought this is going to be a generic manhwa formula where the evil ex appears and ruined the pace of the romance. I'm glad, it didn't go that route.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

this author is one of my favs. this one absolutely wasn't like the other works, but it was great.

joined Feb 23, 2016

This is the best ending i have seen so far from kodama Naoko ( ^ω^ ) Bravoo ~ loved how she probably sent that we are Just married picture to every relative and with a victory sign from her side(≧∇≦)hahaha the mom was pissed alright~ win win~

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 11:11AM

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

This manga makes me feel unbelievably nice, probably in large part because I was expecting it to go much more angsty knowing who the author is

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I thought it was a really satisfying end(even though I wanted to see them get even closer) I really liked the whole thing with her mom it was her final break from her iron clad grip. I also liked when Hana expected Machi to just give her the typical tsundere line but was thrown for a loop when Machi gave a adult response. I guess that's my favorite thing about this series in how adult it feels.
Loved the greeting card!

Himawari-san_v04_ch33_005
joined Mar 6, 2017

now we just need an extra chapter where they go to hot spring trips and... you know... :D

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

It'd be nice to have an afterstory

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

holy sht?!?!? they actually talk?? about their feelings?? and get together?? 3 CHAPTERS IN?? i must say i am pleasantly surprised :D !! now it looks like they are planning a hot spring trip. maybe we will get and after story? plz.. ;-;

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 12:01PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

Kodama is known for writing short stories / oneshots and the series said from the beginning it was gonna be short so i doubt it was “cut off.”

anyways the story was good, had the right amount of things and no unnecessary drama / dumb people with a happy ending so 10/10. i really like when one of them stands up for the other instead of being silent when confronted by family which is something that doesnt happen a lot in yuri/yaoi.

adult yuri is also way better than highschool girls

Self%20portrait%202015%20finished%20-tumblr
joined Apr 28, 2015

Yay, happy end.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm happy it ended well.

But Hana starting to pack and leave without even discussing it with her "wife" out of nowhere, that put a really bad taste in my mouth. That sort of soured the whole thing for me.

I'm also happy Machi told her mom off. Hell yeah.

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 12:27PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Naoko made people so insecure that no one cares it is short, they are just happy that it is a happy end.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Naoko made people so insecure that no one cares it is short, they are just happy that it is a happy end.

Yes, this lol. Didn't want to have another Cocytus (Moratorium) ending.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Aww only 3 chapters? Well I liked it a lot. It was very tame on drama from Kodama.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

It was.... okay. The drama itself was overall good but still, the fact that it got rushed in 1 chapter makes it feel lacking, like Kodama used the generic "mother" drama and "uncertain feelings" drama and just half-assedly resolved both in 1 chapter instead of polishing it up more. It'd probably be better if Kodama make 1 chapter for each drama, 1 to resolve the mother issue with the "I don't mind getting married" thing happening at the end of the chapter, and 1 more to resolve how Machi actually feels for Hana with the ex-gf acting as an unintentional helper like in this one and have both of them more polished. If I were to compare it, it really feels similar to Shells and AlternaRock, an overall good story but just feels lacking in both the cuteness and the drama part, as well as lacking in chapters (though at least this one has an actual conclusion unlike Shells which just kinda ended like that). Though overall it's probably the best Kodama series and a nice progression towards better writing.

11_spq78
joined Jul 24, 2014

10/10 will Yuri again.
Joke aside, I supremely suprised, this author make some of the messier drama yuri, but this have zero misunderstandings or hidden drama

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 1:14PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.