Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I'm glad the woman isn't the teacher, because been there done that, hopefully this brings up something new that hasn't been done before

I reckon older lady is out there to escape from an ex-girlf or was told to leave because she had a girlfriend, but im intrigued to know where it'll go

last edited at May 10, 2018 3:02AM

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

Hmmm not sure if this is the story of a pervert with an active imagination or of some lonely teen with desires to be with someone older. Can't say I agree with it, as the law is such in the more...civilized parts of the world, but I'm definitely gonna watch this.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Well, I liked it a lot, both the art and the content. I'm a fan of this kind of messy, sketchy style, and the setup reminds me some of Shoujo Holic, which is an old favorite of mine. Thanks /u/.

last edited at May 10, 2018 4:27AM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Theyre not cute to me...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

So stating your opinion on the art is a no no unless its praise? Even when you actually point out specific issues?

Please people, critique is not inherently bad and should not be treated as such without good reason.

I'm under the impression that the reaction to the critique wasn't a ruling, but a critique of the post itself. No one was saying they weren't allowed to make an 'opinion on the art', but the person you're posting to was making an opinion in response.

Now unless they knew that the mangaka was reading these very comments, I wouldn't consider 'it's very badly drawn' constructive criticism, so I'd question the good reason of even posting that to begin with, but it's a valid opinion to have. Calling that post rude is just as valid. :P

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Why you so boring?

Well, it's what the chapter did to me ;) My impression was that she was fairly genuine about being nice - maybe a bit of a pervert - but I don't think she's some type of psycho character. I didn't get the impression that anything supernatural was going on either. And I don't expect some tense action/thriller/... messed up scenario.

So, yeah, I simply think the backstory is going to be something fairly mundane ^^

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Pretty nice so far indeed. At least the story gives us a good reason as to why Maki would bond with that older woman. Miss Kimono certainly seems to have… further plans than cozy friendship, but we'll see how this is handled.

Regarding the art, the proportion are a little iffy to say the least, but the backgrounds and atmosphere are well-rendered. As well as Natsume's hypnotic beauty.

Now considering the last series involving fireflies that I've read, I don't see the developments being pretty, but who knows. >.>

last edited at May 10, 2018 8:58AM

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

It piqued my interest but doesn't feel anyting too special so far. I'll give it a read for like 3-4 chapters before deciding if this is interesting or not.

Img_3902
joined Apr 18, 2013

Personally I love how the older lady looks with her hair down and no makeup, like the last page. Maybe because it makes her look younger? Either way following this series

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

The art really brings a rapey, pedophile feeling to it ... Also, the name Kousaka reminds me another person with ehem equally supreme queer-baiting ability and black hair

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The art really brings a rapey, pedophile feeling to it ..

…Wut? >.> You mean the predatory smile near the end?

joined Jan 6, 2014

looks interesting but that lady is framed like a predator and it gives me the heebie-jeebies.
also about the art: i'd be lying if i say my knee jerk reaction wasn't "oh bad art this could prolly end up trashy" but then i'd also be lying if i say it doesn't have its bright spots.
will suspend my judgement and passively follow this.

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

This looks to me a little off, the vibe its strange, but i dont know why

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

What predatory smile?

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

What predatory smile?

You could make a case for page 391, page 419 and 423 definitely count, you could say 424 as well but I probably wouldn't count it personally.

It's a pretty simple formula, her eyes are not or only partially visible, she's smiling neutrally and her lips are fairly thin, her mouths just barely open and showing no teeth. She also seems to have no particularly outstanding other expression (blush, for example) that would change the context.

Overall, could be anything, but without the eyes and a big smile or one that shows teeth, there is a sense of concealment and possible dishonesty or masked ill intent or malice.

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

looks interesting but that lady is framed like a predator and it gives me the heebie-jeebies.
also about the art: i'd be lying if i say my knee jerk reaction wasn't "oh bad art this could prolly end up trashy" but then i'd also be lying if i say it doesn't have its bright spots.
will suspend my judgement and passively follow this.

same here

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

hugs from behind Noooooooo!!!! How will she ever be able to marry now?! And on the day she doesn't have her purity whistle with her?! She hasn't even held hands yet you brute!!! For real tho, I like it so far and want to see where this is going. Looking forward more chapters!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

What predatory smile?

You could make a case for page 391, page 419 and 423 definitely count, you could say 424 as well but I probably wouldn't count it personally.

It's a pretty simple formula, her eyes are not or only partially visible, she's smiling neutrally and her lips are fairly thin, her mouths just barely open and showing no teeth. She also seems to have no particularly outstanding other expression (blush, for example) that would change the context.

Overall, could be anything, but without the eyes and a big smile or one that shows teeth, there is a sense of concealment and possible dishonesty or masked ill intent or malice.

Page 391 is a typical shot of a mysterious person that the POV character hasn't met yet nor is directly looking at, and none of the others look even remotely predatory to me. Somewhat mysterious, yes, but nothing that would set off mental alarms.

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

very interesting, following

joined Jul 7, 2017

I've seen the raws the sex next chapter feels rape to me, but the short haired girl seemed to want more basing on the most recent chapter. Idk it may be out of context since I don't understand Chinese lol

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The art isn't too bad, there are some instances of bad anatomy, but I think the art has it's own charm that makes those issues (usually) go unnoticed. I'm particularly fond of the short haired girl's design, mainly her face.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well that escalated quickly.

Yeah, the art has some issues but nothing insurmountable. The author seems to have no trouble whatsoever with scenery but is still struggling a bit with people I reckon.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Ah, so this is a "wet kiss" kind of author, eh. Gives me Citrus flashbacks. Bodies and faces still need a lot of work, but the backgrounds and lighting are quite remarkable.

So… yay for statutory rape? X) Although I'm sensing a love triangle ahead with the classmate.

last edited at May 13, 2018 2:52PM

Self%20portrait%202015%20finished%20-tumblr
joined Apr 28, 2015

"There are whole worlds you don't know of yet."

So what, she as the adult (whom the schoolgirl protagonist doesn't know very well yet) goes ahead the second time the kid's at her house and tries to coerce her into sex?

For those of you saying you don't understand why it "feels rapey", that's because this is a form of it through coercion. There is a huge power imbalance between them. The protagonist is a child who doesn't really understand what's happening, which is why age of consent laws exist (and are higher in certain countries). She is not going into this informed about what will happen and what the risks are.

I really wanted to enjoy this, but it's taken a pretty bad turn.

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

And just like that , they already fuckin'

To reply you must either login or sign up.