Forum › Yuri☆Kome discussion

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Even after reading so much yuri I have absolutely no idea where this manga is going, and that's good.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

After the very cliche setup and silly characters, I didn't expect this to actually address the consequences of her predatory and manipulative behavior in a substantial way. It seems like the author actually has some kind of serious statement to make. I have no idea whether she (he?) will be successful, but it's definitely interesting.

I was worried last chapter would be part of the shenanigans, so I am definitely surprised by this turn. It's handling it way better than expected. I definitely want to see where this goes.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

There are times when a confession of love does more harm than good. Even though I was rooting for those two, I can see why she made the choice she did. Her being so unable to trust even her cloest friends after that stunt... I really would not have expected this to be the route it would go, but I'm interested to see what it's going for now that she's willing to go to school again...

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm very surprised by this one, in a good way. I was convinced the story was going to be random nonsense, and it turns out the author actually has something to say after all.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Real talk I'm feeling that this is deserving of the drama tag now? Or at least chapter 6 and 7.

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Honestly, I had to agree with the others. I thought this would be some cliche light-hearted shenanigans and throughout my experience in reading, I got confused at the first few chapters and I didn't think it would go to that route either. I did realise that the Vice-Pres. was showing some emotions akin to being uncomfortable and honestly, yeah surprised by the way this thing went, in a good way of course. Definitely do want to see more of it and see where it goes.

Edit: Though I'd like to add that this depressed me a little cause honestly the president was an absolute scumbag and what she did was fucked up. I think there should be a Drama tag for this manga considering where the route is slowly moving over to.

last edited at Feb 11, 2018 7:06AM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Real talk I'm feeling that this is deserving of the drama tag now? Or at least chapter 6 and 7.

The Comedy tag is nothing more than irony now.

joined Jan 11, 2018

The Comedy tag is nothing more than irony now.

The comedy tag was a red herring.

Hopefully the next chapter has a violence tag when they beat the shit out of the president.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

To me, it was really the art style that did it. If I hadn't seen the other work from this author, I'd honestly think that they purposefully went with the most generic "am I kawaii uguuu desu ne" look possible to further the illusion that this would be some mindless cute girls doing cute things series and not something more dramatic. Like an accidental PMMM or something.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

YuriSensei posted:

Edit: Though I'd like to add that this depressed me a little cause honestly the president was an absolute scumbag and what she did was fucked up. I think there should be a Drama tag for this manga considering where the route is slowly moving over to.

There's not many character in any series that have disgusted me near as much as the president. She's a horrific person.

joined Apr 25, 2017
  1. The MC is such an easy woman... You spoke to a person twice and you let her fuck you. (basically like girls who fuck on the first date)
  2. President is a piece of shit
  3. I hope Midorikawa will be the end ship
  4. Man... In this chapter the MC nearly felt 0.0000001% of the depression i feel every day. Poor MC :'(
  5. What is this? The plot is so hurried that i have no time to process stuff
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

God I love suffering

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

This manga really took an unexpected turn, comedy tag feels so out of place now.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It occurs to me the Prez seems to check off an alarming number of boxes on the checklist for at least borderline psychopathy and/or ASPD... If so the VP's painfully obvious infatuation with her takes on a certain tragic air, though at least she isn't blind to her crush's flaws if nothing else. : /

last edited at Feb 12, 2018 8:01PM

joined Sep 23, 2017

Considering that the main character is clearly traumatised, I feel like this warrants either the Rape tag (because rape by deception/fraud is still rape) or the Abuse tag (because even if people disagree that it was rape or not, it was clearly part of abuse).

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Of all the times I've been blindsided, I think this is a competitor for "Most fucked-up plot twist."
Going forward, besides the obvious question of "Where the hell is this going?", I'm wondering about how soccer girl will fit into this (she sure didn't seem like a throwaway character), and how long this manga will end up being. (Or has the serialization already concluded?)

last edited at Feb 12, 2018 9:12PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Parnifia the Bastard posted:

how long this manga will end up being. (Or has the serialization already concluded?)

To my knowledge it's already concluded. I'm pretty sure Marigold has stated as much when we've talked about the series through email at least.

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Goddamn, I initially thought this would be another cheap and generic yuri comedy, but this really turned things up to 11. I feel like this story sort of "calls out" some of the cliches and tropes in yuri manga that are so prevelant, where one party is much more manipulative than initially let's on, and this acknowledges just how truly bad of a thing that is. Although as viewers it was clear the president was shady from the word go, she never did anything for MC to question until after she had already gotten what she wanted out of her.

Although what happened to the MC is terrible, I'm extremely happy a story is actually properly treating such a personality and actions as a truly negative thing, rather than the common romanticization we would often see. Such a thing generally gets played off in a way to try to make the character seem cool or mysterious, without any regard to just how malicious and potentially damaging such behavior is. An experience like that, let alone as a persons very first time, is inevitably going to be very damaging to them, and the complete destruction of trust the MC had is a result so seldom shown in works such as this. Although I expect she might recover rather quickly based off the fact that it sounds as though there's little to no content left after this, simply acknowledging these consequences is a commendable act. The depression, anxiety, and total loss of trust in any and all things is, once again, such a rare occurance within yuri manga, and most all other fictional media for that matter. I will always appreciate a story in which a character actually endures proper consequences to their experiences, as opposed to how things are so often either resolved instantly, or disregarded with a hand wave from the start.

last edited at Feb 15, 2018 5:18AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The plot is the most stupid thing, but I guess it makes sence since it's the author's first Yuri work

joined Sep 23, 2017

Considering that the main character is clearly traumatised, I feel like this warrants either the Rape tag (because rape by deception/fraud is still rape) or the Abuse tag (because even if people disagree that it was rape or not, it was clearly part of abuse).

Still needs tagged appropriately...

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well that was rather abrupt.

joined Jun 30, 2016

what? that was it? kind of a let down isnt it?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

joined Apr 1, 2017

Just ends, just like that. Its not a huge loss, but they could have at least tried to have a real ending.

Smkrdb5kcvhg_wq4izmcf2mpp_pv4mkvlgohghl-kq8
joined Mar 13, 2018

To reply you must either login or sign up.