Forum › Posts by Susurrus

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

Suggestion #1:
Don't threaten users with bans for repeatedly requesting accurate tags that are, for no clear reason, rejected.
(Examples: 'rape' tag being rejected despite abundant rape in the specified media, 'polyamory' tag being rejected despite the content being explicitly polyamorous, and the removal of a 'yuri' tag from a pairing with a non-gendered/non-binary character being rejected despite that tag being intended exclusively for woman/woman pairings on Dynasty.)

Suggestion #2:
Some means of direct messaging users, so that things like this can actually be discussed without resorting to either off-topic exchanges, dedicated forum topics, or suggestions like this.

last edited at May 15, 2018 10:38AM

joined Sep 23, 2017

It's a joke I picked up from another series I'm doing, Hinamatsuri. There, end of story.
I did it cause I was in a fun mood at the time.

Call me old-fashioned, but translations should generally strive to be as true to the source as possible, with any localisation being restricted to idioms or wordplay or the like.
It seems kinda disrespectful towards the source material, and readers, to modify it in such a way that it is less faithful to the original's meaning and intent.

And some people harp on me for being obsessed with faithfulness in accuracy of doujinshi translations (looking at you, Risette; what you did with just a few panels of Confusion mode AR is inexcusable). Chill dude, you're making mountains out of molehills.

Alternative suggestion: a proven failing to accurately translate foreign media for a new audience unnecessarily introduces ambiguity and distrust as to the reliability and authenticity of the translated material.
Which is likely to put at least some people off, because they can no longer rely upon what they're viewing as being an accurate representation of the original work.
Which is bad, if the intent is to share said original work with that wider audience.

Perhaps, rather than insult me and imply I am "obsessed" and "making mountains out of molehills", you could take your own advice, and "chill". Especially if you have nothing actually substantive to add.
(Sidenote: Also not a dude.)

Susurrus
Image Comments 15 May 10:10
joined Sep 23, 2017
66281358_p7

@juanelric
"sexless" is not "genderless".
SU gems are sexless, but feminine in gender.

The gems in Houseki no Kuni are both sexless and non-gendered/agender/non-binary, and this has been confirmed to the official English translators by the author; specifying that 'they/them' is the appropriate term to use in English.

Also, worth mentioning that gender is not "psychological", it's neurological (being an emergent property of the brain's structure, which is biological).
You're either referring to sex, or referring to gender; referring to the former with a term like "biological gender" is silly.

joined Sep 23, 2017

It's a joke I picked up from another series I'm doing, Hinamatsuri. There, end of story.
I did it cause I was in a fun mood at the time.

Call me old-fashioned, but translations should generally strive to be as true to the source as possible, with any localisation being restricted to idioms or wordplay or the like.
It seems kinda disrespectful towards the source material, and readers, to modify it in such a way that it is less faithful to the original's meaning and intent.

Susurrus
Image Comments 13 May 22:53
joined Sep 23, 2017
66281358_p7

@YayaSamuko
No, it doesn't. The gems are genderless beings, so you shouldn't use gendered terms for any of them.

Susurrus
Image Comments 13 May 22:51
joined Sep 23, 2017
Dnuxdgpvaaacugp-orig

@Entoma: Fuck off with that transphobic wankery.

Echoing the appreciation of no yuri tag. [4]

joined Sep 23, 2017

Insane amounts of Rape

And yet it is STILL not tagged appropriately. Fuck knows why.

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

GOD BLESS US WITH MORE POLYAMORY

I'm surprised it isn't tagged as such, considering that the previous "Happy Style!" on here is pretty explicit about that element.

Some arse keeps rejecting the "polyamory" tag despite the series confirmed that it is explicitly a polyamorous situation.

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

Fuyumi just generally doesn't like anyone aside from Akiho, though. And Akiho is her only friend. The possessiveness could just as easily stem from those facts.

Did you seriously make such an utterly ridiculous "Gal Pals" argument?

Susurrus
OL x Gyaru discussion 05 May 03:03
joined Sep 23, 2017

call me dumb, but I had the impression she was a call girl for a moment

It's likely something similar. There is a practice in Japan where schoolgirls will go on dates with older people for money. The fact that they didn't seem well aquainted with each other and the mention of how expensive she is would seem to support this.

That's the impression I got as well.
Surprised this doesn't have the "gay for pay" tag.

Susurrus
Image Comments 03 May 03:28
joined Sep 23, 2017
Dt-20glu8aajr99

I mean, my question would be "Why are people such pricks about polyamorous relationships?".
Explain to me, telamon.

Especially in instances where it actually makes sense considering:
Yang's expressed interest in both men and women,
Blake has expressed clear attachment to both Sun and Yang,
Sun has repeatedly pointed out that Yang cares about Blake, to Blake, and supported the two of them reconnecting.

Like, a polyamorous relationship just straight-up makes sense.
I don't see any in-character reason why they'd oppose it if it was presented as an opportunity.

last edited at May 3, 2018 3:28AM

Susurrus
Image Comments 02 May 02:39
joined Sep 23, 2017
Dt-20glu8aajr99

Personally, I'm a fan of how Sun repeatedly acknowledges and validates Blake's connection with Yang, and Yang's love for Blake.
I don't have high hopes they'll actually make a polyamorous 'V' with Yang/Blake AND Blake/Sun, since I don't think Roosterteeth are that unconventional, but I think it'd be a really neat outcome that fits the characters tbh.

last edited at May 2, 2018 2:39AM

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

Maybe she’s not actually a fire mage but some other element and forced herself to change ?

You fucking called it.

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

If she were to take her hands off her ass, would she die?

for you.

joined Sep 23, 2017

Based on her behavior its pretty obvious this girl suffers from clinical depression.

Those aren't depression symptoms.
Those are anxiety symptoms.

I'm very curious to see where this manga is going, to be honest.
It constructs these semi-absurd situations (or presents them in a semi-absurd way), and it's clearly aiming to be comedic to some degree, but then it's also treating anxiety and its effects very realistically and quite seriously.
Getting some serious mood whiplash from it.

joined Sep 23, 2017

I see no relationship between Yozora and Sena here; it was a prank so the yuri tag should be removed in my opinion.

In what world is one girl giving another girl an orgasm somehow not lesbian?

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

Agree with all the others expressing that the sex portion feels disjointed from the rest of the story.
Seems like it'd be a better narrative if that was cut entirely tbh.

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

Pretty sure crying and repeatedly saying "No" and "Stop" warrants the Rape tag.

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

Bleeding during "first time" being expected or normal is a pernicious myth that needs to die.
Blood is a bad sign.

Susurrus
Eve and Eve discussion 24 Mar 17:50
joined Sep 23, 2017

Eh, I didn't like it. I maybe would have bought the premise more if they'd gone through thousands of years, but a few decades? They basically didn't like being satellites/having machine bodies and regretted it. Nothing to do with "eternal" whatever crap. It was a few decades, and they wasted their mission whatever it may have been. Lame.

they were absorbing knowledge of everything. learning everything. that's billions of people worth of knowledge, it was almost like living an eternity and then some. That'd be a lot to take on for anyone.

Well they have human brains and the brain can't do that. It didn't look to me like they were experiencing everything, but being used in the process, you see them metaphorically reading tapes, like they can pick out information to look at--not that they were actually experiencing everything. Their personalities would have been instantly obliterated if they experienced everything even for a second, lol.

The human brain seems like a lousy choice, for that kind of work. The brain just could not handle that much data flow. A regular computer, with massive storage, would be perfect that purpose. Come to think of it. Why the heck would they put something like that in space, where it's vulnerable to space hazards? Shouldn't stuff like that be built in underground bunkers.

The human brain, currently, is actually much better at parallel processing than a computer.
One might imagine that aspect was why a human brain was incorporated.

Susurrus
Yuri☆Kome discussion 17 Mar 10:33
joined Sep 23, 2017

Considering that the main character is clearly traumatised, I feel like this warrants either the Rape tag (because rape by deception/fraud is still rape) or the Abuse tag (because even if people disagree that it was rape or not, it was clearly part of abuse).

Still needs tagged appropriately...

joined Sep 23, 2017

Why is this not tagged with "Rape" considering it features it?

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

GOD BLESS US WITH MORE POLYAMORY

I'm surprised it isn't tagged as such, considering that the previous "Happy Style!" on here is pretty explicit about that element.

Susurrus
Image Comments 17 Mar 10:29
joined Sep 23, 2017
C4ujo8yvmaapvy4

How is it "disgusting" for Mei to be strong too?
Presumably she's been working out with Zarya. Grow up.

Susurrus
joined Sep 23, 2017

For a story about a devil getting her way with an angel you'd think there be more torture, and abuse. You know, like bdsm. Instead she was just missionary with her the whole time. Don't get me wrong i loathe bdsm and was thankful it didn't go that low, but for a setting like this it seemed really tame.

BDSM is not "torture and abuse". Educate your damn self.