Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I don't get the surprise. I honestly saw it from a mile away. Very obvious cliche, which is a shame, really

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I'm not sure I like this development. Big bro seemed like a good guy. I hope this is just a misunderstanding, though it looks really bad.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Aaangst.

joined Jun 12, 2015

This series is going downhill. First the Kuro's case now this. I don't care if this is misunderstanding or what. It's just a stupid cliffhanger for the sake of closing second volume. Terrible idea.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ok Angst, hello again.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

First Kuro enters a relationship for convenience and now this ....hmmmm ahmmmm....... I don't have words, see ya next time

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

So Kaoru who had the beg Reiichi for years to go out with her, is seeing him with his ex girlfriend from High School(? No idea which grade that was)Risako on a “business trip”. It’s astonishing for me that Kaoru and Risako are even friends with no bad blood between them.(Apparently). Something tells me Reiichi went out with Kaoru only to make Risako jealous, but why did they marry then? Maybe I’m just overthinking it and it’s a scenario like in Hoshikawa and it’s just a misunderstanding. Thank god I read the Woman next door beforehand from sensei takemiya so the fluffyness overshadows the angst of this >:D Moreover Chaosteam earns my respect for still scanlating their series, I couldn’t handle so much angst bs after such a long time

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 4:07PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Son of a whore buggering c*nt punter, what the hell? I'm not sure why I'm surprised that this series is going straight down into the angst hole but christ, I expected better for some reason.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I dunno, I see this as an opportunity for Kaoru to run into Uta's arms

You guys really hate angst though

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

I dunno, I see this as an opportunity for Kaoru to run into Uta's arms

Implying Kaoru can run or walk again after that fall dabs

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 4:11PM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Big bro seemed like a good guy.

He looks chill, but I wouldn't say good : he was many times absent and forgot their birthdays, overall he seems pretty apathetic and distant.

Meh, twist cliché as for now and honestly, not really needed.

I don't know.. Things need to happens to make a story progress, cliché or not.

Edit

I agree, I wonder why they keep reading it (unless the tags aren't here at first). To be honest, this is really good angsty shit. I'm loving the inner suffering of Uta, the fact that we have her inner thoughts as well makes it all even more powerful. The boredom of Kaoru as a wife, the fact that she seemed lost and all... Loving it, thanks Chaosteam!

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 4:18PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

This could be a misunderstanding. Did he lie? Maybe, maybe not. He could have been coming home early to surprise her and ran into his ex. It's raining so they shared an umbrella. Could he be cheating with his ex? Maybe, but maybe not. Though, I'd rather you find out that he cheated on her than she start cheating on him with the sister.

joined Dec 19, 2016

Big bro seemed like a good guy.

He looks chill, but I wouldn't say good : he was many times absent and forgot their birthdays, overall he seems pretty apathetic and distant.

Meh, twist cliché as for now and honestly, not really needed.

I don't know.. Things need to happens to make a story progress, cliché or not.

Yeah and I'd rather find out that he cheated (which I kinda hope not) than Kaoru starts cheating on him with Uta.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

As long as it’s a decent amount and not overbearing. I mean Uta-Chans situation already is really depressing and now the situation with misstrust in Kaorus case can put some into despair. If this scenario was real life Kaoru would’ve died after falling so many steps...

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I dunno man, fairly good executed angst is good angst. But I guess some of us are a little fed up with so much Cliche.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

This was the one thing I didn't wanted. I didn't mind a bittersweet ending. The brother genunely seemed to care for his sister and wife so I didn't want a cheap cheating cliche tossed in there to let them be together.

Meh. I guess I ultimately don't mind if it means a happy ending will occur but.. we'll see I guess. Maybe it is somehow a misunderstanding but I doubt it.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn!!! Nooooo!!!!(´Д` )

joined Apr 1, 2017

This could be a misunderstanding. Did he lie? Maybe, maybe not. He could have been coming home early to surprise her and ran into his ex.

This seems unlikely since he texted her just like an hour before to tell her that he was gonna be gone for a few more days. You'd think if he was on his way home he would just say nothing and show up. I'll actually be more upset if it is a misunderstanding because that's the worst kind of bait, especially with Kaoru falling down those stairs to really hammer in the despair. More likely is he was cheating and if caught probably would have came up with an excuse, but Kaoru getting hurt will make them feel guilty enough to come clean.

I expect Uta to leave the house with Kaoru after this, then the real shit begins.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This plot twist was a really sharp turn, but I like that it feels very real. There were subtle signs of cheating here and there (like how he doesn't pay too much attention to Kaoru or his ambiguous and extremely stoic text message this chapter... hell, even if he was bad with dates, I'd say him forgetting their anniversary was a hint as well), but overall, he was pretty good at hiding it. As readers, we never see the story from Reiichi's eyes, and the surprise we get from this reveal is similar to the surprise that Kaoru feels... minus the grief and all.

And I definitely think he's cheating and it's not just some misunderstanding. The panel that zooms in to her hand holding the cellphone feels like it's emphasizing the wedding ring on her finger.

But now I'm worried about Uta. She's finally become more resolute about her feelings towards Kaoru, but now she's injured (please don't give her amnesia) and her brother is a cheater (will she even find out about this?). On top of that, we don't know what kind of family issues Uta faced in the past, but I have a striking feeling it has something to do with divorce or cheating as well... which would spell bad things for Uta's mental health.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 5:01PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

This could be a misunderstanding. Did he lie? Maybe, maybe not. He could have been coming home early to surprise her and ran into his ex.

This seems unlikely since he texted her just like an hour before to tell her that he was gonna be gone for a few more days. You'd think if he was on his way home he would just say nothing and show up. I'll actually be more upset if it is a misunderstanding because that's the worst kind of bait, especially with Kaoru falling down those stairs to really hammer in the despair. More likely is he was cheating and if caught probably would have came up with an excuse, but Kaoru getting hurt will make them feel guilty enough to come clean.

I expect Uta to leave the house with Kaoru after this, then the real shit begins.

Even if he told her a few more days, him doing that to surprise her would obviously make her happy. Beside him conveniently cheating so his sister with the unrequited love magically has a chance with the wife and the wife randomly decides she's gay and wants to be with the sister is way more cliche.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 5:03PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

if it's bait, then it's terrible because it's a bad way to close a volume and then say "hey, it's just an misunderstanding!". Also, there's no way the wife won't end up with bad injuries, so if it's bait then that makes it even worse. Doesn't really seem like a misunderstanding though, with him lying about being absent for more days and some early foreshadowing. Still, it feels like a cheap and cliché way to make Uta x Kaoru happen (if that's the point at all).
Plot twist: Kaoru goes amnesiac due to the fall and ends up falling in love with Uta. Happy end.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

if we will get amnesia tag, I will be furious... I hate this things in manga...

joined Apr 1, 2017

Amnesia will make me drop this. I'll accept almost anything else, but that will be the last straw.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

if we will get amnesia tag, I will be furious... I hate this things in manga...

Even in Bright and Cheery Amnesia?!

The real clichés are all the complaints about clichés. I think it could be made into a trope of forum critics.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 5:22PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

This was the only manga where I didn’t hate the guy nor find him a trashbag until well... now. Poor Kaoru doesn’t deserve this.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 5:41PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.