Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Noooo WOW!NO new girl is alright but muh ship with Uta D: and they were about to stay together that night!! AND SHE JUST GETS IN THE MIDDLE! I hope she doesn't stay to sleep too... Kuro probably doesn't even like any of them "that way" yet so I'm getting a little nervous with this development.

Oh my God I love Kuro so much, I wasn't expecting this bad a study trait of her, just like Uta said "Her character" is being broken hahaha

If she's pregnant then that's the last hit of the world's longest and painful combo in the history of yuri that Uta could receive.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm enjoying this. Curious to see where this is going.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Forget Uta x Kuro or Kuro x Miyabi.

ALL ABOARD THE MIYABI X UTA TRAIN~

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

If she's pregnant then that's the last hit of the world's longest and painful combo in the history of yuri that Uta could receive.

Yeah.. the worst part is that Onii-san is a good person and a good brother so I kinda can't wish for the two to fall apart so that Uta can have a happy ending... I just wish she can convey her feelings and get over them, maybe find a new love (Uta x Miyabi hell yeah).

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I'm a bit midway now between Kuro x Uta and Kuro x Miyabi.

Miyabi seems to be such a good girl, so kinda root on her. It's all down to Kuro now it seems

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Miyabi is pretty pushy when it comes to Kuro. I find her joining in on the study session as weird. Well we were all saying kuro x Uta is the likely pair but adding Miyabi complicates things a lot.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Not liking the new girl. First all that "have you known each other for long" nonsense, like, what business is it of yours?? Overhearing Kuro invited Uta, and poof! She slides herself in.

"May I join you as well?"

Why does no one ever just say "No. See you tomorrow. Bye." ;_;
I really, really hate pushy characters...

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I find her joining in on the study session as weird.

Because it was weird. Overhearing they will study together --> finding out Kuro invited Uta --> getting jealous --> literally laying in ambush --> sliding herself in. But she stammered a bit, so I guess it is cute. Fuck no.

I hate it, mostly because people around these characters in manga are often far too meek, or polite, to say them to piss off.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I kind of want Miyabi x Uta end game, but I still want Uta / Kaoru to get super messed up first

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

... WHO IS THE SHIP ANYMORE?!

joined Feb 23, 2016

... WHO IS THE SHIP ANYMORE?!

Can't it be everyone?!! More ships it is then better we are xD

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 6:51AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I just hope Kaoru is not pregnant. It would be yet another blow to Uta.

Now, we only lack the nice, understanding and persistent male classmate/coworker/friend who will get interested in Uta and will un-lesbian her.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I just hope Kaoru is not pregnant. It would be yet another blow to Uta.

Now, we only lack the nice, understanding and persistent male classmate/coworker/friend who will get interested in Uta and will un-lesbian her.

dont even joke about that!

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I really have no idea where this is going.

joined Jun 12, 2015

This. And I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

TO INFINITY! AND BEYOND!

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This. And I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

I think it's the story's strength. We're presented with a situation that feels real, and it hasn't developed into any of the more obvious cliches (yet). The object of her love is happily married, her best friend refuses to show any signs of being secretly in love with her, and her older brother isn't a two-faced asshole.

She's in an unfortunate but believable position, and it's unclear how it will all end up. Maybe she'll just give up on her one-sided love some day, and the story will end.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 1:09PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

She's in an unfortunate but believable position, and it's unclear how it will all end up. Maybe she'll just give up on her one-sided love some day, and the story will end.

If that's how it will end, I'll pass. That's Nanashi no Asterism all over again. Giving up on her one-sided love? Sure. But don't end here.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Happily married"? It's obviously not the case.

There are multiple hints that Kaoru is lonely and that the brother, while not an asshole, doesn't notice and doesn't make her his priority.

She clings to Uta because she's nostalgic of her high school life. She was a top student, but what did she do of her life? Married her childhood friend and is now a housewife. Next probably comes the baby and the loving husband will cease to see her as a woman but will see her as a mother.

I agree this story feels real. But the situation I described is very common.

Bae
joined Jun 11, 2017

Forget Uta x Kuro or Kuro x Miyabi.

ALL ABOARD THE MIYABI X UTA TRAIN~

I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU ! Board the ship

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It was asked to the author in an interview if they could hope for any development between Uta and Kaoru. She said that it wouldn't be a yuri manga otherwise

Seriously, though, people who ship the protagonist with a third party are delusional.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'd prefer it if Kaoru and Uta hook up. I think it'd feel like a natural progression - Kaoru, though very much in love with Reiichi, does seem to be lonely quite often and quite fond of Uta. Plus it'd probably be full of nice drama. I imagine such a situation would end badly for everyone involved, since the lies and betrayal necessary for this to happen weigh heavily on a relationship, but it'd be great fun to read about.

However, I think I'd rather have the story just end with the main character alone than take an easy way out for a convenient happy ending. Like if it's suddenly revealed that the brother is unfaithful or otherwise "deserves" to be cheated on, relieving the moral and psychological burden on Kaoru and Uta for any relationship they have. Or if the main character gives up and immediately hooks up with some other person who randomly fell in love with her. That'd feel too cheap and unrealistic.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

i want kaoru and uta to get together

i know i'll cry if they dont

(i might cry anyway)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I have this feeling that Kaoru will do something she might regret and hook up with Uta behind Reiichi's back. I don't know, even if that doesn't happen, I feel like Uta will inevitably have to part from Kaoru in the end.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

However, I think I'd rather have the story just end with the main character alone than take an easy way out for a convenient happy ending. Like if it's suddenly revealed that the brother is unfaithful or otherwise "deserves" to be cheated on

Or, you know, I felt there were too much flags in this chapter about the brother travel and Kaoru worried about it. Although it would be pretty cheap development if he dies or something, but it could happen.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 4:37PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.