Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nevri posted:

This is gold.

What? Didn't you say that you disliked angst and so disliked this?

I have a very sharp memory... :P

Also, glad to see this here, but did Chaosteam change leadership or what?

last edited at May 28, 2017 3:21PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

so she was involved with a teacher and the STUDENT gets a year suspension? like in what universe is statutory rape something punish the victim for, especially with an entire year suspension. i'm sure the teacher got off worse but why would you even bother punishing the student?

It was 休学 rather than 停学 so it's more likely an absence for her benefit, not a suspension to punish her.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

So, the room contains a massive pachydermal nuisance standing right in the middle and everyone is scuffling their feet and trying to pretend not to notice it.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Ahhh.. I'm impressed with this series so far. It might be a bit heart crushing to read, but I feel like even if the end is bittersweet it will be satisfying in a way.

As much as I would love to see Uta with Kaoru, I can't deny I'd feel a little bad for the brother when he's done nothing wrong and genuinely cares for both his sister and wife. I also don't know if I'd be happy if they tried to throw in some drama where the brother did something terrible like cheating to get the main characters together, because that would feel like the cheap and "easy" way out with little satisfaction tbh. What I wouldn't mind seeing is if Kaoru actually fell in love with Uta, and fighting with her own emotions or something. Still, regardless of the route the author decides to go, I'm excited to read it to the end.

Oh, and is this series already finished or ongoing?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lifecharacter posted:

gamagoori posted:

so she was involved with a teacher and the STUDENT gets a year suspension? like in what universe is statutory rape something punish the victim for, especially with an entire year suspension. i'm sure the teacher got off worse but why would you even bother punishing the student

Where it says she was the victim? From the way she speaks about it it gives impression she was the one to flirt and seduce teacher. Also calling it statutory rape when most likely both sides, especially underage one, was ok with it and possibly the one that initiated it, sounds really off to me.

Unless she forced herself on the teacher, she is the victim. And, unless the teacher was within a certain age range (unlikely), having sex with a child is inherently sexual assault because a child cannot give consent. And no, "being seduced" is not a defense; if you're an adult you're supposed to be capable of withstanding the seduction of children.

She said she might have feelings for her but hold back because she didn't think it would work. Also idea that 16 years old (or how old they are) can't give a consent is just retarded. You can make as much rules about it in law as you want, but 16 years old date, have sex and in general are closer to be adults than being a child. We don't know all details, so we don't know how exactly it went, but from what she says it seems like interest was mutual. She is know to be flirting with people left and right and likes to experiment. So to me it seems like she felt something for teacher, wanted to check if it is, they did it and she liked it, but for some reason ultimately didn't go for it or maybe because she didn't say she liked her but instead said it was just a 1 time or something, teacher didn't take her seriously after it. Or they got catch during/after that first time. And teachers are people too. She might actually have some interest in her as well. She definitely didn't act professional as a teacher, but I have no issue with adults as long as there is consent on both sides and younger one is 16 or so, which is when you are old enough to know wtf you are doing. As long as she wasn't forced to it and was fully aware of what she was doing, I can't see her as being a victim, just because she wasn't legally a adult yet hence she can avoid responsibility for all her actions. We don't talk here about 10 years old or younger who has no idea what is happening. Not to mention the legal age for marriage and sex for women in Japan in some places is as low as 16 years old.
EDIT/ Forgot to add. Also I don't feel like it was against her will, because she was suspended, so it feels like she admitted that she was doing it of her own free will, hence she got punished as well. Maybe she even took punishment in order to lower the punishment for teacher.

last edited at May 28, 2017 3:45PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

@wooberjig

Where's the Ashita kimi ni Aetara 3 & 4 translations/by who? Seems like great potential but chaossteam has that Manga on very low priority.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

@wooberjig

Where's the Ashita kimi ni Aetara 3 & 4 translations/by who? Seems like great potential but chaossteam has that Manga on very low priority.

On /u/ (go to the translation thread), I could request an upload if dynasty scans wants to see it here.

E065_1
joined Dec 3, 2015

Personally I preferred Uta and her tiny blonde friend (who actually looked like Kaoru lol). They make a great combination when together tbh xD As for her unrequited love towards Kaoru, yeah it was super angst and sometimes depressing but I like the bittersweet of it. I can see the character developing and learning. Teenage phase is really something, Uta should enjoy this phase. Go girl!!!!

joined Dec 19, 2016

I'd like to see the first one happen. Even though this is called My Unrequited Love, it doesn't mean that it won't become requited.

It's not really called My Unrequited Love, the Engrish title is "Secret Crush on My Sister".

Well it would be way more interesting if in the end, she gets together with the sister in law. Though I doubt it will happen.

joined Feb 2, 2016

It just only me did bother was about to ask his little sister are you in love with my wife

Fb_img_1533401192825
joined Sep 9, 2016

So happy to see you here chaosteam!
Love your work

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Reejun posted:

so she was involved with a teacher and the STUDENT gets a year suspension? like in what universe is statutory rape something punish the victim for, especially with an entire year suspension. i'm sure the teacher got off worse but why would you even bother punishing the student?

It was 休学 rather than 停学 so it's more likely an absence for her benefit, not a suspension to punish her.

That depends. Japanese likes to avoid scandals and things that can bring shame to their school, so it is possible in order to avoid commotion and hid it, they forced her to take a temporary leave until things will calm down in school.

Nya-chan posted:

Nevri posted:

This is gold.

What? Didn't you say that you disliked angst and so disliked this?

I have a very sharp memory... :P

I don't mind some angst and drama as long as I'm in mood for it, I know what I'm getting into and it is well-written. When drama is sudden and I'm unsure where it will go, I don't like my feels being tortured like that, especially when it will turn out not worth it (cough Netsuzou Trap cough). So in this case the premise is clear so I'm already prepared for the worse case scenario, so whatever happens, it can't be worse (probably). I really like characters in it and reading about such hopeless situation from the very beginning is pretty interesting.

Zombeh_azumanga_daioh_by_maesterrory
joined Sep 20, 2014

this sucks, loving someone and only being able to watch as their love flourishes with another.

last edited at May 28, 2017 3:59PM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

@wooberjig

On /u/ (go to the translation thread), I could request an upload if dynasty scans wants to see it here.

Please wait until our friend posts in the thread again :).

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

She said she might have feelings for her but hold back because she didn't think it would work. Also idea that 16 years old (or how old they are) can't give a consent is just retarded. You can make as much rules about it in law as you want, but 16 years old date, have sex and in general are closer to be adults than being a child. We don't know all details, so we don't know how exactly it went, but from what she says it seems like interest was mutual. She is know to be flirting with people left and right and likes to experiment. So to me it seems like she felt something for teacher, wanted to check if it is, they did it and she liked it, but for some reason ultimately didn't go for it or maybe because she didn't say she liked her but instead said it was just a 1 time or something, teacher didn't take her seriously after it. Or they got catch during/after that first time. And teachers are people too. She might actually have some interest in her as well. She definitely didn't act professional as a teacher, but I have no issue with adults as long as there is consent on both sides and younger one is 16 or so, which is when you are old enough to know wtf you are doing. As long as she wasn't forced to it and was fully aware of what she was doing, I can't see her as being a victim, just because she wasn't legally a adult yet hence she can avoid responsibility for all her actions. We don't talk here about 10 years old or younger who has no idea what is happening. Not to mention the legal age for marriage and sex for women in Japan in some places is as low as 16 years old.

A child's feelings on the matter do not give them some extra-judicial right to consent to sex. They're still a child regardless of backwards places deciding that it's perfectly fine to allow adults to take advantage of children. The parts of the brain that are relevant to decision making don't reach actual maturity until around age 25, so 16 is not borderline adulthood and thus open for whatever adult feels like creeping on children. I don't know what nostalgia or image you have of sixteen year olds, but they do not have the world figured out and are thus capable of engaging in complex and potentially abusive relationships with adults.

And that's without getting into the inherent power imbalance of the relationship. The teacher is already an adult and thus has some authority and power over the child, but as a teacher that authority and power is magnified immensely. There's a reason people in positions of authority such as doctors, teachers, and employers aren't supposed to start relationships with you, even when you're an adult, and it's not because you are eternally considered someone who doesn't know wtf they are doing.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

@wooberjig

Please wait until our friend posts in the thread again :).

Sorry if this goes off-topic, but out of curiousity, could it be that you're the anon translator? ;)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

A child's feelings on the matter do not give them some extra-judicial right to consent to sex. They're still a child regardless of backwards places deciding that it's perfectly fine to allow adults to take advantage of children.

My point was, I really doubt teacher was taking advantage of her and she was most likely the one to initiate things. Still further clarification from manga needed.

The parts of the brain that are relevant to decision making don't reach actual maturity until around age 25, so 16 is not borderline adulthood and thus open for whatever adult feels like creeping on children. I don't know what nostalgia or image you have of sixteen year olds, but they do not have the world figured out and are thus capable of engaging in complex and potentially abusive relationships with adults.

In my country you are a legal adult and can do w/e you want when you are 18 so yes, 16 for me is borderline a adult. Also again, I said I'm assuming it was mutual and there was no "whatever adults feels like creeping on children".

I'm not ok with putting all the blame on teacher, when she clearly wanted to fuck teacher. If we will learn later the situation was more dubious then I'll take my words back, but for now I don't see a good reason to remove all responsibility from her actions.

joined May 1, 2013

I'm willing to hold my nose for a minor teacher/student thing if the rest of the story is good enough (hi, Kindred Spirits on the Roof!), so this doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the manga or anything. But I am skeezed out by the way that being gay and getting statutory raped by a teacher are compared as just two ways to not be normal.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

karp posted:

But I am skeezed out by the way that being gay and getting statutory raped by a teacher are compared as just two ways to not be normal.

I'm pretty sure nobody said or implied it, but I don't have time and energy left to argue about it.

joined Jan 8, 2014

That was nice being able to binge read all those ch's in a row ^_^
Im super curious about which route the story will take...it's pretty open ended ...
Of course I favor the fantasy of her and onee-san coming together, but I think I'd also be super happy if the mc was avle to distract herself and move on as well ^_^

Am I the only one who thought "twin tails" pushed manager against a wall and went all ecchi while imposing her will on her <3 kyaaaa! <3 that would be awesome...gap moe!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

KcaT posted:

Am I the only one who thought "twin tails" pushed manager against a wall and went all ecchi while imposing her will on her <3 kyaaaa! <3 that would be awesome...gap moe!

Hahahaha maybe, it would be "fun" to think that she's a sadist ... But the age gap is too large for my liking.

"Then" is a term used to indicate time, whereas "than" is a term used to create a comparison. Very different uses and I am very sick of people getting these words confused. Get a proofreader, put it through Google docs or something, this is something easily fixable.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I hope the brother stays the good character that he has been. Too many of these drama mags just make the Boyfriend/Husband a real dickhead and it removes any sympathy you can hold for the character, meaning there's no question of whether or not the lady will leave him, the ending isn't a surprise or if she does stay all you can wonder is why on earth she would.

joined Dec 3, 2014

I'm from /u/ scanlation and we already finished chapter 3 and 4 of KimiAetara (with translation up to chap 5).

We pick this series up because the series is low priority for Chaosteam and we didn't expect them to upload it to Dynasty, but now that it's here maybe we can negotiate. I already request it to be uploaded but haven't heard anything back yet.

last edited at May 28, 2017 9:38PM

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

I'm usually not into drama-heavy yuri but this one is simply amazing, hope we see more interest for this somehow.

To reply you must either login or sign up.