Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Or, you know, I felt there were too much flags in this chapter about the brother travel and Kaoru worried about it. Although it would be pretty cheap development if he dies or something, but it could happen.

I think it's more likely that Kaoru and Uta kiss or something while he's gone and then feel bad when he gets back. But he might die. That'd be out of the blue, but maybe could lead to interesting development also. Or what if they hook up while he's gone, feel terrible about it, and then he dies on the way home? And Kaoru's pregnant? That would be the most extreme soap opera-esque plot development imaginable.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 4:49PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wtv posted:

However, I think I'd rather have the story just end with the main character alone than take an easy way out for a convenient happy ending. Like if it's suddenly revealed that the brother is unfaithful or otherwise "deserves" to be cheated on

Or, you know, I felt there were too much flags in this chapter about the brother travel and Kaoru worried about it. Although it would be pretty cheap development if he dies or something, but it could happen.

Oh https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu-r17170

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

prediction: something happened between kaoru and uta's mom, and everyone blames uta's mom, kaoru is currently trying to pursue a "normal happiness" and the reason she feels guilt is either cuz she didnt reject what happened or didnt dislike it. after being married although she has found something for herself in crafting she's realizing that forcing herself into that role doesn't mean it makes her happy or feels right. kaoru and uta's brother will end up getting a divorce, and uta and kaoru will end up together.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

So far this manga has remained realistic and doesn't rely on dumb or forced drama, so it's not easy to know what'll happen in a long term.

Kaoru and the brother have their problems like any other recently married couple but it's clear they love each other a lot. The husband is a really nice guy too so killing him would be cheap as fuck. And Kaoru just considers Uta like a little sister. Nothing suggests she views her in a romantic light at all, so I'm curious about how the author will make Kaoru x Uta the endgame couple (if they're meant to be the endgame at all) without forcing it.

Uta x Kuro doesn't seem likely either. Kuro doesn't look interested in Uta and it's not even stated if she's lesbian. I hope she remains best friends with Uta and nothing else though, making every girl a lesbian would take the realistic feel of this manga. And the best friend endgame is cliche.

The new girl clearly likes Kuro. I don't think the author just added her for nothing. It's likely that Uta and her will end up hooking up somehow, but whether they'll be the endgame or not is uncertain. And author mentioned there will be development between Uta and Kaoru.

I'm enjoying this but I feel it lacks something. Like an "exciting" feeling since everything is quiet. Hopefully some drama will stir up but without reaching NTR level of drama.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 6:22PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wouldn't like the "We both got dumped so I guess we only have each others" ending... That's how Uta x Miyabi looks to me.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Why is Kuro not getting anyone? I means she kinda awesome. It's not easy to be a supportive emotional punching bad.

And she is a bossy blond twin tails. Twin tails. With blue cat eyes!!

Don't know why some of you don't like Miyabi though. Clearly that she has been working on Kuro for a while. Then suddenly another girl (Uta) showed up, and already skipped pass the relationship level she has with Kuro (ask her to make sweets, ask to help with homework, sleeping over). Of course Miyabi will have to force herself in to up her game, if she doesn't want to lose out

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 7:35PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seems like Uta's already somewhat aware of Miyabi's feelings towards Kuro though, lol.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Or what if they hook up while he's gone, feel terrible about it, and then he dies on the way home? And Kaoru's pregnant? That would be the most extreme soap opera-esque plot development imaginable.

I don't know. It would have some drama in the beginning, but then it would become really cute, with two girls married raising a child.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I dunno, for me one of the things about the manga that I like is about how inconvenient feelings are and how hard they are to deal with. I'd be more frustrated with an ending with a relationship between the wife and sister, since I think one where Uta has to mature and deal with the fact that her feelings won't be able to be returned is a lot more interesting, and I think the more important/interesting story.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I dunno, for me one of the things about the manga that I like is about how inconvenient feelings are and how hard they are to deal with. I'd be more frustrated with an ending with a relationship between the wife and sister, since I think one where Uta has to mature and deal with the fact that her feelings won't be able to be returned is a lot more interesting, and I think the more important/interesting story.

Agreed, that is an important part of it, and why a conventional happy ending wouldn't be doing the story justice. There aren't many stories of falling in love with someone, realizing a relationship is impossible, and then just suffering through it, but that happens all the fucking time in real life. Uta's case is way worse than most in terms of its sheer inconvenience, but it's still something that most people go through. Right now this is a convincing story about how she deals with it, and it's pretty good.

It'd be more dramatic if something does happen between her and her sister-in-law, and only then does she realize that her feelings are impossible. But it wouldn't necessarily be better.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this is the first time i dont want the yuri end i cant wait to see whats gonna happen

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

i just read Philosophia earlier today I need a saccharine ending to a story that shouldnt have it

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The realistic conclusion would be sad, the unrealistic conclusion would go against the point of the manga...

I'm not even sure what I want to happen so I'll just leave it to the author to decide.

last edited at Aug 2, 2017 3:16AM

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

i just read Philosophia earlier today I need a saccharine ending to a story that shouldnt have it

This? I was just about to mention Philosophia. That kind of ending should be illegal. So even though everyone's saying they don't want the yuri ending, I just can't agree. There's too much gay stuff with bad endings, and I'm done with them. This is just speaking personally, but I want a happy ending. At this point, I don't care who she ends up with, I just want Uta to be happy with someone.

joined Jan 18, 2016

i just wanted the story to end with Uta still identifies as lesbian, still loving another woman, whomever she ended up with in the end i'm fine just leaving it to author's decision.

i know bisexual exists, and i dont have anything against them, but when a story spends a bulks of its chapter focusing on same sex attraction, with no definitive hint of them being bisexual, in this case Uta never spend a second thinking about men, i fully expect them to follow through with it.

Changing her preferences without much of a build up is a disservice to the story it tries to set up, since Uta is the MC and we totally knows inside her mind that shes in love in Kaoru, and spend no time thinking of someone else. Konatsu on the other hand, already established as bisexual, as she derive pleasure from being different, so im fine with her character. Kuro, Miyabi havent had that much insight of their thought, so more chapter is needed, and Kaoru x Reichi we only see their outer personality without knowing what theyre thinking, so only conclusion we can see for now is they're straight because they're married.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

People dismiss the brother a bit too fast.

Remember chapter 6? The faces the brother makes ?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#21
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#25
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#29

I think the brother has a hunch about Uta's feelings, or about Kaoru's.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

yuliuskrisna posted:

i just wanted the story to end with Uta still identifies as lesbian, still loving another woman, whomever she ended up with in the end i'm fine just leaving it to author's decision.

i know bisexual exists, and i dont have anything against them, but when a story spends a bulks of its chapter focusing on same sex attraction, with no definitive hint of them being bisexual, in this case Uta never spend a second thinking about men, i fully expect them to follow through with it.

Changing her preferences without much of a build up is a disservice to the story it tries to set up, since Uta is the MC and we totally knows inside her mind that shes in love in Kaoru, and spend no time thinking of someone else. Konatsu on the other hand, already established as bisexual, as she derive pleasure from being different, so im fine with her character. Kuro, Miyabi havent had that much insight of their thought, so more chapter is needed, and Kaoru x Reichi we only see their outer personality without knowing what theyre thinking, so only conclusion we can see for now is they're straight because they're married.

Plot twist, she ends up with her brother D:

No doubt the brother knows that something is going on, but I don't think he can really put his finger on it yet or lacks evidence... He really doesn't have time to check and no one to talk about it.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Plot twist, she ends up with her brother D:

I raged so hard on the inside reading that tbh

joined Mar 9, 2014

People dismiss the brother a bit too fast.

Remember chapter 6? The faces the brother makes ?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#21
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#25
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#29

I think the brother has a hunch about Uta's feelings, or about Kaoru's.

Yass. Also the hug excuse to get closer to Uta.
AHHHHHH SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Also I liked when they went to Kaori's perspective, it seems like not everything is as we seemed. That moment when she stopped walking and uta and her bro where smiling.
I WANT MORE I WANT MORE TO BE RELEASED. What is a name for a manga adict pls tell me?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yep. The "hugging habit" of Kaoru toward Uta is hinted at for a reason.

joined Oct 13, 2015

It's good. A story that doesn't rely on overly dramatic cliches. The brother seems like a genuinely nice guy. The sister is hurting but considerate of others. The wife wants everyone to be happy. They aren't perfect but they are likable and you can empathise with them.

i hope the story progresses naturally and nothing feels forced. Even if MC ends up unhappy and alone it's fine. We are only seeing a small, though interesting, part of her life and it won't mean she will always be unhappy and alone. People get over their loves and crushes. I believe (ignoring Virgina Wolf) a story should show the most important and interesting part of a character's life. this feels like that period of her life.

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

We are only seeing a small, though interesting, part of her life and it won't mean she will always be unhappy and alone. People get over their loves and crushes.

B-but..but..but muh first luv!

joined Dec 19, 2016

If this does become requited (probably won't), I hope she doesn't cheat on the brother because he's a good guy.

18620617_10203231589147222_1311586687570285140_o
joined Oct 1, 2014

Philosophia's ending made me cry like what the heck every interesting gay girls dead

last edited at Aug 6, 2017 8:16PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh well there goes my ship... it hurts, oooh it hurts so much

Edit: Oh, hey why don't we change the name to My Unrequited Shipping? Hahaha, get it? because I just lost mine

last edited at Sep 10, 2017 2:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.