Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

joined Jun 23, 2017

@infinest I think you are mixing me up with Zelpora

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

@infinest I think you are mixing me up with Zelpora

Sorry, yep I did.
Anyways, I myself am not a CRT worshipper all I wanted to do was prove a point.
I guess that enough for that top though.

joined Jun 23, 2017

So you mean to tell me that there are arcades in Japan that only focuses on rhythm games? JAPAN HERE I COME

Was in Tokyo a couple of months ago, didn't see any arcade that specialized. Though they did usually have 1 floor for fighters, 1 floor for rythm games, 1 floor for those weird card hybrid video games, 1 floor for claw machines etc etc. Also, they are loud as hell and I would recommend bringing some good noise canceling headphones or else you won't be able to hear the music <.<

joined May 23, 2013

Hahahaha wiki is the bible not the lady asking for god lol.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This is weird

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The most important part of video games is having fun

I didn't know this was written by a filthy casual

More like a real scrub who needs to git gud.

In any case, Shijou displays the classic case of overbearing fan myopia, where a person does not comprehend that their level of engagement with the thing they do is much more extensive than can be reasonably expected from an uninitiated outsider. Watching her realize and grow out of it would be interesting, but unfortunately, I don't think she is the self-reflective type who is ready to acknowledge and work on her personality faults.

The new girl looks quite cool, and I am feeling some kind of rivalry between her and Shijou, since she got up and left almost the moment Shijou entered the arcade.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 1:54AM

Non
joined May 7, 2017

Wow, this is really freaking inspiring. Makes me feel bad I decided against going to EVO for Puyo Tetris. I'll still have PAX West though, where I stand a better chance of winning lol. Though I'll miss that camaraderie of playing with the best of the best.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 2:46AM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Alright, this page actually got me to laugh out loud for a bit.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Pyoro posted:

But it's basically the same for all games. Certain strategies, weapons etc are the most effective, and then you either do what everybody else does, or accept that you are going to lose against players of equal skill.

Or you take door #3 and find a way to work around your favorite character's weaknesses. It's uncommon but not unheard of for someone to do well like that. The group of friends I hang out with has one guy who's really into fighting games and I'm the only one in the group who will ever play against him because he refuses to ever hold back and I've managed to pull some miraculous wins off with characters that definitely aren't considered good competitive characters. For example Jack in the Tekken series. He hits hard but he's so slow that he's effectively useless for most people but in the right hands he can work out really well even against someone who obsessively plays fighting games.

Koveras posted:

More like a real scrub who needs to git gud.

I know you're just screwing around but the whole "git gud" thing is seriously one of the most infuriatingly condescending things I've ever heard. It's incredibly unhelpful and basically the exact opposite of constructive criticism.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Ah ha!
I really don't mind the way the drama with the move to America ended. I mean if that's all it was going to amount to, why not? Doesn't seem like this is meant to be a particularly long or complicated story.

Poor t.v-san! Sad cause he got lag.

The over-bearing enthusiast is kinda funny to watch even if she is leaning in territory of a close-minded-elitist but I'm pretty sure that's not where they are going with her character.

I do get what some of you are saying about encyclopedia approach. And yeah the overused prodigy thing is kinda of a bother but those things aside, I think I can enjoy this silly take on a genre I love.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch02#4

There's so many things wrong happening in that page, I can't even begin.

And I understand competitive gaming is a thing, but I think the fun is lost along the way. She'll come to hate fighting games.

Could you maybe elaborate on why you believe this to be true?
I find fighting games to be among the most rewarding genres in video-games. The more you put in, the more you get out.
They are rich with skill and tech.

I'm watching old tournaments from decades ago. Some of these guys were in their late teens and are still playing these games competitively to this day.

If anything, Street Fighter 5(which I really like) is disliked by a number of pros because it is said to be so stripped down, slow and basic and not fun as a result. A number of pros want it to be more complicated. Which I think goes to the argument that competitive games are fun cause I find myself wondering if Gamerbee only cared about winning would he insist the game be harder?

This is still rather "iffy" at the moment as many aren't sure if the pros are just playing the game because it's the biggest game with the biggest prize pots and holding their criticisms in.

And to that person that said fighting game communities are toxic. They are no more toxic than most gaming communities. You will easily, way to easily, find jerks but there are a lot of chill people that want more people to play fighters and will help you out if you just ask. Especially if you join a discord group.

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 4:54PM

Ava
joined Jul 12, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch02#8

Funny enough all of the best fight game players use mid or low tier characters.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Ok, can all three just play games and have fun together? I really don't want a love triangle situation :P

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I know you're just screwing around but the whole "git gud" thing is seriously one of the most infuriatingly condescending things I've ever heard. It's incredibly unhelpful and basically the exact opposite of constructive criticism.

People who are throwing a bitchfit at a game undeservedly are the usual target; I don't see an issue with that.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

sleekie posted:

People who are throwing a bitchfit at a game undeservedly are the usual target; I don't see an issue with that.

I personally see it far more often in response to people having legitimate grievances with a game than people unfairly complaining about it. I see it basically constantly any time someone complains about either being bad at a game or complaining about a game's design making things too difficult.

And even if it's not a legitimate grievance it's still kinda a dick move. Responding to someone who's already frustrated in such a condescending and unhelpful manner will accomplish nothing but infuriating them further. If you want them to realize they're being unfair to the game then you should explain that and tell them why you feel they're being unfair. Otherwise they're not going to realize it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

People love feeling superior way too much. That's never going to go away.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Still nothing to deserve the yuri tag.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Latest chapter explains to me why i am not a gamer, especially a fighting games gamer :)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch03#23

...the Gretchenfrage.

last edited at Jul 13, 2017 12:39PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

It's all about FRAMES.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It's all about FRAMES.

And framing people.

joined Jul 14, 2016

"Someday, We'll get there"
Someday, we'll get the yuri

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Oh that last page is so exploitable.

Screenshot_20171211-200054~2
joined Oct 11, 2016

Surprisingly tat is kinda the easiest way to explain a frame and animation...or at least so far I've seen in an anime based thing xD

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Asking the real questions here. Why is fighting games fun?? Also, why is there a yuri tag when there's no subtext tag? Where am and what year is this?

To reply you must either login or sign up.