Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Well this was....different, being a fighting game novice though im not super certain how much this'll get wrong about the games.

joined Jan 8, 2017

I'm not much into fighting games, but this is very interesting so far.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Love that last line tho.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Whoooo! Glad that I'm not the only one taking games so seriously when I was a kid xD whahaha brings back memories..

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Queer baiting? Queer baiting.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

Shijou is nicely done but Minoru...well let's say I just don't like her.
She's presented as too OP, I mean, even if you go slow against a beginner, there's almost no chance for him to block.

I know it's the first chapter and it must be justified that she start fighting game but still...Well I just hope it will be more coherent on this point later.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Queer baiting? Queer baiting.

Why the fuck would you call this queer baiting? It's only the first chapter. Sure, late chapters may reveal there isn't much Yuri and only subtext similar to other manga we have, but unless you've read the scans you can't just say whether it's baiting or not so early.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

YO SERIOUSLY WHO WOULD SAY NO WHEN THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO GO AMERICA. This happens a lot in manga but in real life you wouldn't give a shit about your school and friends if you can study in a foreign country

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

YO SERIOUSLY WHO WOULD SAY NO WHEN THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO GO AMERICA. This happens a lot in manga but in real life you wouldn't give a shit about your school and friends if you can study in a foreign country

nope. Just nope -.-

and "America" is a continent, just for the record.

That's some commie talk right there, only one place called murica

/s

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Fighting game yuri? America? EVO? Did I make this?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol - America isn't so amazing that everyone on earth would drop everything for a chance to go live there..

Sure maybe if you live in some terrible no future hopes place - but Japan isn't Somalia or something you know?

Anyway this manga seems pretty interesting so far - it's certainly not a premise I've seen done before.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 4:57PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I wouldn't go to America these days, even if I was paid for it. That country is fucking scary.

Anyway, it High Score Girl with lolis and possibly-yuri. Sure, why not.

But I'm skeptical.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 5:27PM

joined Oct 4, 2015

The USA isn't a bastion of education either, not to mention it's entire culture is different from Japan.

No one would want to be thrown suddenly into a foreign nation with an alien culture while having a poor grip on the language.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

Really strange to have a sports manga about fighting games

Rocky first chapter honestly. Because of the fighting game they're playing. If the manga is going to be about going to fake-EVO, then at least play cat tekken or cat guilty gear, not cat SFV, because the character roster looks really uninteresting

This isn't a knock on SFV's character design, it's just I'd rather have a typical anime fighter character with a cat head doing all sorts of crazy shit as a visual, rather than dudes in cat heads who happen to have the same outfit as zangief or ryu, and they all do basic punches and kicks as mix-ups

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 5:43PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I will make you second best in the world

Liar, I bet she's gonna be first and you second.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I will make you second best in the world

Liar, I bet she's gonna be first and you second.

that's when this manga might have angst, if they're competing for the #1 spot
but that's probably a low chance since this doesn't look like the kind of manga to have that

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I kind of like having affordable access to health care and a not staggeringly corrupt federal government.

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

boy i am ready

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

A C T U A L
Y U R I
H I M E
M A N G A

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 6:31PM

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

SECOND BEST BAHAHA I LOVE THIS GIRL ALREADY

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

So someone translated this, huh?
This is one of the most boring manga I read in my life, actually.
Also, there's not yuri at all.

It's okay if you want a fighting game tutorial.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Gotta keep an eye on this one.
Yuri and fighting games are two of my biggest passions.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

@shenron67

I agree, fighting games are actually pretty hard to get in to. Maybe the other girl is actually just terrible at fighting games and they'll drown in pools at EVO.

@Wtv
Good to know I won't have to expect something then. Though I think I haven't seen any yuri sports Manga beyond subtext anyways. Looks boring so I'll probably follow loosely.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

nope. Just nope -.-

and "America" is a continent, just for the record.

America isn't a continent, its two continents, as North America and South America are located on separate continental plates. Thus "America" is usually used to refer to the USA, since its the largest country with that word in its name. "The Americas" would be more accurate for the western hemisphere as a whole, which is what I believe you are referring to.

To reply you must either login or sign up.