Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Though I think I haven't seen any yuri sports Manga beyond subtext anyways.

There's hardly any subtext either. They...held hands and blushed a little once, I guess. I actually have no idea how this is being published on YH.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I wouldn't go to America these days, even if I was paid for it. That country is fucking scary.

As a Canadian living near the US border, you have no idea.

joined Mar 15, 2017

There's more subtext than that. I think there's a credible chance it will be canon romance in the end.

joined Jul 5, 2017

Queer baiting? Queer baiting.
Good to know I won't have to expect something then.

...it's at 3 published chapters right now. Are you people wasting your supernatural oracle talents to look into the future and see how ongoing yuri series end or are you just taking the piss because you're jaded and want to sound smart? No yuri marriage with science baby in 3 chapters? Fucking dropped!

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

If they don't fuck by the end of the first volume I am filing a strongly worded letter to Yuri Hime.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

...it's at 3 published chapters right now. Are you people wasting your supernatural oracle talents to look into the future and see how ongoing yuri series end or are you just taking the piss because you're jaded and want to sound smart? No yuri marriage with science baby in 3 chapters? Fucking dropped!

There's 8 chapters out.

joined Jul 5, 2017

I stand corrected on the number, not on the point I made.

joined Apr 27, 2015

Seems like it's cat tekken. It's 3 rounds and the big cat looks like gigas

also the cover page is the tekken challenger screen but with sf's her comes a new challenger instead

also gigas getting punched out by dragunov's uf+1

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 7:41PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

YO SERIOUSLY WHO WOULD SAY NO WHEN THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO GO AMERICA. This happens a lot in manga but in real life you wouldn't give a shit about your school and friends if you can study in a foreign country

not to sound rude but the last thing I want to do it move to the US XD

joined Jun 3, 2014

Retired at 39? This guy must have had a great job then.

edit: Nevermind, I just re-read the first page. I guess Las Vegas must have some epic fires.

edit 2: I just read the reply to this comment below and I apparently don't get what the father's doing at all.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 9:19PM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Look, it doesn't take supernatural powers to see the pattern.

Yuri Hime: Hey mr. Mangaka-san we need someone to fill 30+ pages per issue.
Mangaka-san: Actually, I have laid the plot for a videogames manga for this other editor and I don't think...
Yuri Hime: That sounds interesting. Cute girls doing shit is en vogue.
Mangaka-san: But I don't know the first thing about yuri!
Yuri Hime: Doesn't matter, just make them blush a lot when talking to each other. In fact it doesn't have to be both, just one of them is fine.
Mangaka-san: I don't know...
Yuri Hime: It doesn't need any development, really. Your deadline for something yuri related to happen is from last half to last quarter of the final chapter. If you get cancelled we have this many generic scenarios so you can finish the series. The ones with several pages of bubbly and sparkly text and a final black page with a big "I love you." in pretty letters always make me chuckle.
Mangaka-san: Whoah! And you can get away with it?
Yuri Hime: Except for a few well known yuri mangakas none really repeats doing yuri. It is as if our readers are already expecting half of our issues to be a disappointment. No one is going to blame you or us if your manga flops.
Mangaka-san: That's sad...
Yuri Hime: It will allow you to show off your skills, think of something better than an otaku manga about videogames and pay the bills for a while. And we always have bagels at editor meetings. What do you say?
Mangaka-san: SOLD!

Probably...

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 8:17PM

He-man-friends
joined Jan 16, 2014

Yuri + esports? Great. Now I want Yuri + Europa Universalis 4 multiplayer.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Look, it doesn't take supernatural powers to see the pattern.

Indeed, instead it takes an inclination to make pointless assumptions and waste time on them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Seems like it's cat tekken...

Why is this not a real thing!?

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Seems like it's cat tekken...

Why is this not a real thing!?

It's technically a thing if you play as no other characters except King and Armor King (and possibly Lucky Chloe)

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

A C T U A L
Y U R I
H I M E
M A N G A

How does Dengei Daioh have stronger yuri than YH, seriously what the fuck

I mean, this could be a fun ride
but
im confuse

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 9:08PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Love that last line tho.

Seriously! That's some confidence there!

Retired at 39? This guy must have had a great job then.

He's a professional boxer... That's why they're moving to Las Vegas... so he can make one last attempt to make it big in his profession before he is forced to retire from BOXING because guys that are over 40 generally don't win a whole lot of fights against younger guys unless their names are things like Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, etc... In other professional sports you retire around that age, or earlier, as well. You don't see a whole lot of baseball, football, basketball, soccer, or hockey players in their 40s.

YO SERIOUSLY WHO WOULD SAY NO WHEN THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO GO AMERICA. This happens a lot in manga but in real life you wouldn't give a shit about your school and friends if you can study in a foreign country

I kind of like having affordable access to health care and a not staggeringly corrupt federal government.

That's a nice dream...

Seriously, aside from the political cluster f#@% this country has become over the past few years, there are plenty of reason for a high school kid to NOT want to move to any foreign country. Maybe they have friends? I really wouldn't have wanted to leave all of my friends in high school. Not speaking the language fluently can be pretty intimidating. It's one thing if you are studying a language and going overseas for a limited time as PART of studying that language, but it is entirely different if you are just moving there.

There's 8 chapters out.

OOOH!!! 8 chapters and they haven't declared their undying love for each other and stripped each other naked? It CAN'T be yuri then!!! Must be queer baiting!!! In a YURI MAGAZINE! I'm sure the editors of Yuri Hime are looking for material that is full of queer baiting ALL THE TIME so they can piss people off! Right? Right!

Come on! Wtv said in the spoiler text earlier that there was some fairly obvious subtext already and it's only 8 chapters in. Does nobody appreciate slow burn anymore? People LOVED Fluttering Feelings and it was the ultimate slow burn! Their Story is a pretty slow burn romance as well. Nobody accuses those two of not being yuri!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Their story is yuri and also good, this one is just another generic cute girls thing. Probably there won't be Yuri and even if it did it would made no change.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Rocky first chapter honestly. Because of the fighting game they're playing. If the manga is going to be about going to fake-EVO, then at least play cat tekken or cat guilty gear, not cat SFV, because the character roster looks really uninteresting

they are playing cat tekken though. well, unless SFV added neutral auto-blocks and made it so mids cant be low-blocked.

joined Oct 9, 2011

I have to say, to all those saying no romance happens in the so far released 8 chapters. I'd just like to remind you all, that basis of friendship has to be built first, do that a romance can begin, such as in Girl Friends, you know since it wasn't until the end of Vol 1 that Mari started feelings showed.

Guessing from the series plot outline, most likely the whole relationship will develop once we have the whole training part is done.

As for the actual manga itself, I find the art to be the weakest, feels like the mangaka's art style isn't formerly complete yet, so might be fun to watch it improve.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Can confirm that it is cat tekken.

Cat Kazuya and Cat King.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch01#26

Tekken has neutral guard and back guard, both of which blocks highs and mids.
Crouch guard blocks lows and whiffs highs and throws.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch01#20

Tekken has juggles, which are basically air combos.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch01#17

Minoru should have stuck with cat Paul though.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

People LOVED Fluttering Feelings and it was the ultimate slow burn! Their Story is a pretty slow burn romance as well. Nobody accuses those two of not being yuri!

Actually pretty sure people cried about those not having any yuri early on too.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Now that I think about it, the title suits the whole yuri subtext thing perfectly.

joined Jan 8, 2014

For some reason im sensing sis-con in the future...am I weird?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

For some reason im sensing sis-con in the future...am I weird?

Yes, but not because of that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.