Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

I hope the brother stays the good character that he has been. Too many of these drama mags just make the Boyfriend/Husband a real dickhead and it removes any sympathy you can hold for the character, meaning there's no question of whether or not the lady will leave him, the ending isn't a surprise or if she does stay all you can wonder is why on earth she would.

Ikr!! We have seen too many stories where the male characters are the antagonists, too many that it forms hostility in the community.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

As much as I would love to see Uta with Kaoru, I can't deny I'd feel a little bad for the brother when he's done nothing wrong and genuinely cares for both his sister and wife. I also don't know if I'd be happy if they tried to throw in some drama where the brother did something terrible like cheating to get the main characters together, because that would feel like the cheap and "easy" way out with little satisfaction tbh. What I wouldn't mind seeing is if Kaoru actually fell in love with Uta, and fighting with her own emotions or something. Still, regardless of the route the author decides to go, I'm excited to read it to the end.

IDK, Brother's tepid feelings toward his wife (especially when imouto is near) makes me wonder if he's not well aware of her feelings ... and has been for some time. I half expect to see him dealing with his conflicted emotions toward the two of them.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Infatuation is a cruel thing indeed. It's interesting how open ended this series is, with a marriage that seems nice but not unimpeachable, and a forbidden love that seems improbable but not completely so. I hope Uta gets a happy ending.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

As much as I would love to see Uta with Kaoru, I can't deny I'd feel a little bad for the brother when he's done nothing wrong and genuinely cares for both his sister and wife. I also don't know if I'd be happy if they tried to throw in some drama where the brother did something terrible like cheating to get the main characters together, because that would feel like the cheap and "easy" way out with little satisfaction tbh. What I wouldn't mind seeing is if Kaoru actually fell in love with Uta, and fighting with her own emotions or something. Still, regardless of the route the author decides to go, I'm excited to read it to the end.

IDK, Brother's tepid feelings toward his wife (especially when imouto is near) makes me wonder if he's not well aware of her feelings ... and has been for some time. I half expect to see him dealing with his conflicted emotions toward the two of them.

I think his reluctance for showing affection towards Kaoru in front of Uta is your typical "oh god I'M GONNA DIE OF EMBARRASSMENT if I do this in front of my sibling" thing and not so much of an indicator of how aware he is of Uta's feelings. I also think his lack of enthusiasm is actually because he's just oblivious to Kaoru's needs and desires. He seems like a good guy, but a bit dense.

BUT on a separate note, I do agree that he probably has some degree of awareness of Uta's feelings, even if it's very little.

last edited at May 28, 2017 10:44PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Seira posted:

BUT on a separate note, I do agree that he probably has some degree of awareness of Uta's feelings, even if it's very little.

I'm pretty sure here he was about to ask her about it, but changed his mind after all, probably thinking it is impossible. I think if he had wanted to ask about something else, it would be played as implying he wants to ask about it and then ask about something totally different. The fact he actually didn't ask about anything suggest more that he wanted to ask about Uta feelings for Kaoru. There is of course possibility he wanted to ask about something else and it will come up later, but I'm really doubting it.

0257b321-5930-4b73-85dd-a24fe5a8fddc-15336-0000183911d5ac02_tmp
joined Apr 1, 2014

I'm ready for this painful train to start! To be honest I hope Uta ends up with her friend that would be great on the other hand I want her first love to at least recognize her feelings and give her a proper shut down and stop the poor torture she has on the young girl... Cause I mean Uta is really trying to move on but if my crush touched me as much as her sister in law I wouldn't be able to move on either

last edited at May 29, 2017 12:11AM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

so she was involved with a teacher and the STUDENT gets a year suspension? like in what universe is statutory rape something punish the victim for, especially with an entire year suspension. i'm sure the teacher got off worse but why would you even bother punishing the student?

edit: also, to slam in my own two cents, i hope she ends up with the small cute friend. it's a big stretch but they just look so cute together and i honestly don't want kaoru to leave the older brother. like i feel like that marriage can really work. and i want that girl who's one year older than uta to be a recurring character. i relate a lot to her

Took the words right out of my mouth =D. This is different from the author's usual but sometimes you gotta take risks and I think I'll be pleased with the outcome no matter what it is.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Heh, this is pretty good and I like the art. I hope this end with Uta and Kuro being together and the wife and brother staying together as well, especially without him turning into a jerk.

Ephemeral Dreamer
Chikariko05
joined Aug 27, 2015

I like this kind of fairly subdued sort of drama where the Angst isn't realy the fault of anyone but simply because well feelings are complicated there's no villain here and honestly there's probably no perfect solution but neither is anyone realy to blame.
Not sure what exactly I'm trying to say but yeah enjoying this and curious to see how this ends

joined Jan 8, 2014

KcaT posted:

Am I the only one who thought "twin tails" pushed manager against a wall and went all ecchi while imposing her will on her <3 kyaaaa! <3 that would be awesome...gap moe!

Hahahaha maybe, it would be "fun" to think that she's a sadist ... But the age gap is too large for my liking.

Yeah that cold stare when listening to her friend while eating a lollipop...yep I agree she has sadist potential...
What about threatening to spread security footage of manager being all ecchi (idk use your imagination) to impose her will, and of course delight her sadist side at the same time :o
Ooooo then we could add a lots of blushing AND bullying tag! ^_^

__nagato_naka_souryuu_and_yamashiro_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nagomi_mokatitk__05ee9f9b82bc5bde98628ad3a6cc492e_cr
joined Dec 30, 2013

Damn, i love this series so much and i feel Uta's feelings. Hope she gets her happy ending.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira posted:

I'm pretty sure here he was about to ask her about it, but changed his mind after all, probably thinking it is impossible. I think if he had wanted to ask about something else, it would be played as implying he wants to ask about it and then ask about something totally different. The fact he actually didn't ask about anything suggest more that he wanted to ask about Uta feelings for Kaoru. There is of course possibility he wanted to ask about something else and it will come up later, but I'm really doubting it.

Yes, that page is exactly why I think he is somewhat aware of Uta's feelings (since the other chapters don't portray him as a particularly sharp-minded person). Although, since he's kind of dense, I'm still rather skeptical about it. He could've been trying to ask something entirely different for all we know, haha.

Uta seems somewhat happier than before as a result of her becoming greedier and betraying her sense of discipline by getting closer to Kaoru. Reiichi must've picked up on this somewhere, but to immediately suspect that Uta might be in love with Kaoru may be kind of a stretch. Who knows~

last edited at May 29, 2017 3:46AM

10565163_743008845759906_7288022486001237074_n
joined Jun 24, 2016

Idk but I ship Uta and Kuro :>

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Reading this makes me suffer

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

Idk but I ship Uta and Kuro :>

Hell yeah, I love it!

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Normally I side with Yuri but in this case I gotta say stop it girl! There is no hope for you.
I will ship MC with her twintial friend instead. I feel the aura " just confess and get reject, I will be the one who heal you" from her friend.

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

What's wrong with me? When the brother was about to bring up Kaoru in the conversation, my brain immediately when "Kaoru's pregnant".
Why does my brain do this to me?! (TT~~TT)

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

"Kuroe", by the way, is actually Chloe. The artist has said on her twitter that's how you spell her name. "Kuroe" is what it looks like written in Katakana. クロエ=Chloe, クローちゃん=kuro-chan

last edited at May 29, 2017 5:46AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

so she was involved with a teacher and the STUDENT gets a year suspension? like in what universe is statutory rape something punish the victim for, especially with an entire year suspension. i'm sure the teacher got off worse but why would you even bother punishing the student?

Nowhere in that section does she say she was suspended, or that the teacher wasn't punished. She just says that she spent time out of school, which makes sense. If it gets out that a teacher and a student are sleeping together, it's likely that all kinds of factors would point towards the student taking time off and perhaps switching schools, for her own benefit, regardless of any punishment the teacher receives. Going back to school where something like that is widely known would be very unpleasant for her and even her family, especially in a society as scandal-averse as Japan.

last edited at May 29, 2017 7:22AM

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Not so sure about the Kuro Uta thing, she seems like just a good friend, never really showed any ulterior reason for being interested in Uta getting turned down.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Not so sure about the Kuro Uta thing, she seems like just a good friend, never really showed any ulterior reason for being interested in Uta getting turned down.

It may just be me overthinking it, but Kuro's face in this panel (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch03#9) right after Uta says "I will always think about Kaoru" seems to be suggesting that she loves Uta herself and is kind of sick of her constantly talking about Kaoru. Perhaps she wants Uta to just confess so she can get over Kaoru and fall in love with her instead, eh?

Also, I just noticed while I was looking for this panel... is that the girl who slept with her teacher (forgot her name, whoops) hiding behind that tree there? (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch03#8) Not sure why she's there if it's really her, but it may prove to be interesting in the future.

Xevi%20ava2%20kopie
joined May 29, 2017

I'm from /u/ scanlation and we already finished chapter 3 and 4 of KimiAetara (with translation up to chap 5).

We pick this series up because the series is low priority for Chaosteam and we didn't expect them to upload it to Dynasty, but now that it's here maybe we can negotiate. I already request it to be uploaded but haven't heard anything back yet.

Well, its not really low prio but when u have limited time u just can't do every serie u want. Also i don't really get why u picked it since we didn't really said we don't do it anymore. We kinda wanted to put all our translations bit by bit on dynasty what also includes "Ashita"

@Rest: thx for kinda welcoming us on dynasty :3

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Oh man, there's no way this can end well.
But I still hope it will.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Maybe before you start negotiating here you two will go to chaosteam thread to keep this manga thread away from it :P https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/12370-chaosteam-discussion

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

This manga is so good! I relate so much to Uta that it hurts reading this but I want to know how she will grow in the future. Yukiiti's art is amazing I'm so glad I can finally read their story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.