Forum › Beloved L discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The art really is something.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm in it for the doctor's freakouts, tbh.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I enjoy the art..
No idea abt the story line yet, for short chapters.

Why Nezchan? Why?

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 2:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I enjoy the art..

Why Nezchan? Why?

Don't kink-shame me!

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

I enjoy the art..

Why Nezchan? Why?

Don't kink-shame me!

But I kinda smell sth interesting... I m curious..

joined Mar 5, 2016

"shouldn't college students be studying marxism and maoism?" DAMN RIGHT THEY SHOULD

joined Jan 22, 2015

Oh for fuck's sake.

No the whining and frothing at the mouth of people about age gap again and "OMG she's a minor, she should only have sex with someone close in age, or better yet, wait 18. Or even 21. Or until she's married".

This is tiring and just makes a blanket witch-hunt on all age gap stories, even though some of them are really well thought out and beautiful. If you want to complain about age gap, go comment on Oshikko Sensei.

This is not a story condoning to sleep with a 16yo when you're 30something. The main character here is perfectly aware that it was a mistake and thought she was older. She was never in a position of authority over her, and the girl is at the age of consent of most countries. End of debate about the age gap.

I can see a trajectory in that story where both the woman and the girl heal and mend each other, through mutual attraction first and genuine love eventually. They already slept together. What's done is done. And I think the doctor isn't going to repeat that mistake.

Also, gorgeous art.

Agreed. Thanks for ranting before I did.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is this really a guy in a yuri manga who ISN'T AN ASSHOLE?! Well, he kinda is an asshole, but, you know, at least he's the funny kind of asshole.

Also, I love that whoever Wei was talking to in the beginning immediately knew that she was talkimg about herself.

Also, I don't love the abusive parent thing that seems to be coming up, but... I'll stick with it. I have high hopes for this thing, and hopefully it'll meet my expectations.

I dunno, considering this page my mind went somewhere completely different.

But all in all this story really have me intrigued. Please carry on!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Could be self harm or bullying. Who knows.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This is really good so far! I wonder if it is child abuse or bullying...

EDIT: BTW, according to the translators, the age of consent in the area where the story takes place is actually 14, so there is nothing illegal in this in case anybody had any qualms about that... Not that the Dr. doesn't have issues with it anyway...

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 5:27PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly, I'm expecting a Hoshikawa-esque situation, except more sexually charged.

Her injuries appear to be either abuse-related, or a suicide attempt. Or possibly both, given what the other doctor said and her own comments about adults in general.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Unlikely but still possible - rape, as a contrast to the mutual intercourse between the girl and the doctor.

The art style and story-telling are somehow very reminiscent... I have some crazy idea about the actual author... Does anyone know where it is being published? forget the stupid question - found it

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 6:13PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Oh wow, I think I kind of fell in love with the main woman here. I mean seriously that face: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/beloved_ch02#4

I am really enjoying this. Doctor's freakouts are great, her colleague winding her up is hilarious, and how everything is progressing with her and the schoolkid feels natural. I like age-gaps when they are done well, and this is so far. I'm so invested in this, can't wait for moree

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 6:32PM

joined Jul 22, 2016

Aaah... what is this art. It's beautiful.
Also, ...this is tagged comedy. It makes me hopeful for the light hearted parts of the story. But, at the same time, the drama that seems to be happening is... great too.

(Also, age gap is iffy, but it's fiction, Doctor's nice, and it's pretty nicely executed so far?)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

zensunni posted:

This is really good so far! I wonder if it is child abuse or bullying...

EDIT: BTW, according to the translators, the age of consent in the area where the story takes place is actually 14, so there is nothing illegal in this in case anybody had any qualms about that... Not that the Dr. doesn't have issues with it anyway...

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Omfg the art is so fucking stunning and I'm screaming for more omg I want to draw like that one day!!

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

Doc's freakouts and that troll-y co-worker make this great

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

the art style reminds me of the graphic novel for Blue is the Warmest Color

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 11:52PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wow, this looks gorgeous. I love Wei already, def following this.

Also, I'm surprised Wei got fooled in the first place...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The art is great :) I hope the story isn't too dark though - it seemed to me to not be self harm or to try to get close to the doctor given what the girl said and how she said it, it seems to point to abuse by her parents / guardians (physical abuse).

As for the age gap I agree with Nya-chan's sentiments. !6 is totally legal here in the UK - and she clearly didn't know her age or would of slept with her if she had. It's really nothing to get even slightly worked up about.

I kinda expect a Hoshikawa like outcome too - though maybe not totally avoiding more intimacy given she is older in this story - depends how their relationship develops.

BTW where is this set - South Korea or china or something? And what is the drinking age there? I can assume the girl shouldn't of been in that night club - another reason to not realise she was younger besides she looks mature for her age.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 2:17AM

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

References all point to a Chinese artist (Manhua not Manhwa, Chinese characters for the name, the names of the characters themselves)...

In China the age of consent for sexual activity is 14 years, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

So... even if she is only just turned 16, she's still at least a year over the age of consent. Can still understand why she's all :| about sleeping with someone half her age though.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 5:09AM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

The art is brilliant. I never knew that it is Chinese manga until I saw character's name.
Bookmark to this one :)

E065_1
joined Dec 3, 2015

EVERYTING IS JUST SO DAMN NICE

I NEED MOREEEEE

joined Jun 12, 2015

Whoa. I already like that kid.

joined Jul 18, 2015

100 more chapters please. Anyone got a link for RAWs?

To reply you must either login or sign up.