Forum › Beloved L discussion

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

So this was cut short? That's really sad.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Chapter 14 is best. The rest is all good too, yet 14 resonated the most. A movie can be made out of this manga.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 14 is best. The rest is all good too, yet 14 resonated the most. A movie can be made out of this manga.

Agreed. I liked this series very well before, but Chapter 14 absolutely blew me away. Just great visual storytelling--sophisticated and beautiful.

It's this cold that's making my eyes water, I tell you . . .

Export202302260649425010
joined Jul 6, 2016

GUYS Jae Liu confirmed that Beloved L is not yet over, check the comment on her Instagram post

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3M-_Z3jLro/?igshid=fmh578e9c4sf

joined Mar 21, 2017

GUYS Jae Liu confirmed that Beloved L is not yet over, check the comment on her Instagram post

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3M-_Z3jLro/?igshid=fmh578e9c4sf

Was just coming on here to say this myself. Such good news!

Altar2
joined Jun 16, 2019

What a beautiful manhua. Great storytelling and amazing illustrations, feels very cinematic. I really can't support their relationship, though. I can't deny that their hearts are in the right place, but this relationship is very irresponsible. Age gap aside, they're both manipulative and both clearly have other issues that they need to deal with. I simply can't root for this kind of relationship. It's still a very fascinating story, though, and I'm interested to see how things will turn out.

joined Feb 7, 2020

Wow, it seems so realistic, I love the drawing and the lines.
Wei is a soft-heart person and I really like her.
And I like dr. Lu too. It’s great that they stayed near each other even after breaking up
It’s just feels so real !

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 5:46PM

joined Feb 7, 2020

New post on instagram for our beloved dr.Wei
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8liFTZDHSN/
I’m so damn happy, because to me this is the only manhwa who portrayed adults’ life so real

Thumb-84324
joined Mar 8, 2020

I’m so damn happy, because to me this is the only manhwa who portrayed adults’ life so real

agree with you! The story and the art is GOOD

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Ch. 10 - Despicable

Who hit this guy?

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

bruhhhhh as someone who's been following the author on Weibo for this series for YEARRRS I really do get disheartened refreshing their Weibo page every other day lmaoooo.
Please update!!!
I do get the author is an arts professor at Qinghua University though so they're a big shot.
Super busy, I think.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

I got so many icon pics out of this series lol, the art is on another level. It was watercolor, right?

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

It's so vibrant. Is there more?

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Love the art, but reading this hurts me so much on a very personal level, I feel like breaking down at any moment.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

update: ended up crying.

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

idk if this manhua suffered the same fate as "Their Story" but it's possible the main the reason this story hasnt gotten any updates, or never will get any updates, is because of censorship in anything lgbt related in communist ch*na. so that sucks. i hope the artist is ok

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is so good. I don’t really have anything to say about it that hasn’t been said here already.

It’s just so good.

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

idk if this manhua suffered the same fate as "Their Story" but it's possible the main the reason this story hasnt gotten any updates, or never will get any updates, is because of censorship in anything lgbt related in communist ch*na. so that sucks. i hope the artist is ok

what happened to "their story"?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

what happened to "their story"?

Please, don’t revive that conversation here. It’s unclear exactly what happened to that other story, and currently there are plenty of lgbt webtoons from China that seem to have no problems at all.

Yes, the Chinese authorities are censoring some lgbt media content, but for niche media like yuri webtoons it seems to be erratic and more aimed at getting creators to self-censor than a methodical crackdown.

Beenhereallthistime
joined Feb 8, 2022

Came back here for a re-read since last update- still hits me good, story and art-wise.

I like how Jae still puts out posts regarding Beloved L on her IG and Weibo. Doubt we're going to see a new full blown chapter, though. Maybe some time this year, fingers crossed!

ClockworkRaven
Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

I find it unironically sad that the manhua with an abandoment issues tag has been abandoned. I actually came across a discussion of events skimming through the comments section on the English version of the Bilibili app. I'm hoping that western popularity of GL will resurrect some of the titles that got dropped/pseudo-axed, but honestly most of the chinese comic apps seem to lean heavy into BL with no restriction and place horrendous standards of censorship on GL. /sigh. Guess we'll have to wait and see, though as a mote of hope I've noticed that LINE Webtoons (at least the western version) is starting to pick up more Chinese creators and titles, so maybe these can live again there?

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

what do you mean "abandoned"? [screaming, crying, throwing up]
no okay but seriously this is a gorgeous artstyle; even with the comedy elements, this story knows when to take itself seriously and i really appreciate its careful and cinematic narrative <3

joined Apr 11, 2019

Ch. 10 - Despicable

Who hit this guy?

I think he's a transman and might've gotten assaulted on the streets. Him being trans would make a lot of sense with the scrap book.

If he is trans, I greatly appreciate Wei saying "many people mistook him as a girl," rather than flat out saying he's trans.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ch. 10 - Despicable

Who hit this guy?

I think he's a transman and might've gotten assaulted on the streets. Him being trans would make a lot of sense with the scrap book.

If he is trans, I greatly appreciate Wei saying "many people mistook him as a girl," rather than flat out saying he's trans.

Lin Xiao Ou is a gay man who is not out to his family (Chap. 13). His injuries may be due to an abusive partner or to a gay-bashing incident.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 2:23PM

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

I will keep waiting for this manhua 'til my bones rot just to witness the glory of the beautiful storytelling, the narrative and art again.
ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

To reply you must either login or sign up.