Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Her name is Touko. :þ Youko is her dumb daughter.

…Wait, wrong series.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 4:28PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Maki is just a creep.

Idk, I like Maki now, he's like a best friend who teases you about your love life

joined Feb 18, 2015

Somehow I feel like Yuu's words and actions don'g quite jive anymore. She says she isn't falling in love, yet shortly before Nanami-sempi cornered her in the storage shed, she was lamenting about how despite seeing her they had barely been able to talk. And while she was a bit miffed because she felt she needed to hurry back with the banners, the FIRST kiss from Nanami certainly didn't seem unwelcome. And, in reality, it was only the fact that they were both so busy that had her upset about it at all it seemed.

Now this could be that she has just come to accept that Nanami-sempai kisses her on occasion, and she has mentioned before that she does enjoy kissing her. (In other words, she doesn't seem to be asexual. She does enjoy the physical contact and seems to be attracted to her physically at least. She has frequently commented on her beauty.)

Then there's Maki's commentary on the fact that she doesn't seem to be honest with herself about not feeling lonely because she lacks the capacity for romantic love. It would seem to be the case that she is kind of lying to herself there. But I also think there is a bit of the fact that she figured out a while back that Nanami-sempai doesn't WANT her to fall in love with her that is making her maintain that fiction. She is telling herself that it is fine to go on this way and not move forward, despite the way her face looked at the end of the chapter thinking about the reward she is due to give Nanami after the festival... That didn't look like the face of a girl who isn't capable of falling for the person she is going to kiss...

But maybe that's just me...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Touko is a bit cruel, when you think about it... She doesn't want Yuu to fall for her, but at the same time she's becoming increasingly agressive in her teasing.

She also believes tha Yuu is unable to fall in love, which is what got her interested in her in the first place, because she believes that no matter what, Yuu will never fall for her back.
In persoective to what could/is potentially happening, it is indeed selfish, but for now, Touko doesn't realise it. She chose Yuu exactly for what Yuu lacked. It makes sense to think that someone who "cant fall in love" won't fall in love with you lol, seems like a safe bet. Its just that she disregards tht Yuu wants to love.

Unrequited is such an obvious yet unexpected theme in a way. Initially, what jumps out is Touko's love for Yuu, but now you realise that most of the characters are involved in it somehow. (Touko, Yuu if she were to love Touko, Sayaka, that friend in the basketball club, Maki; everyone except for the play writer, and the teacher and manager)
Bloom Into You: a story of [several] unrequited love[s]

joined Sep 21, 2014

I didn't give it much thought before but I wonder if the play will be the climax of the story. When it was discussed in vol 2, I thought it was gonna happen fast enough, that it was gonna lead the way to bigger things, but a lot more details and development are preceding it. It seems like things are building towards the play, rather than the other way around. I undermined its significance, it's what Touko aims for after all, what her sister couldn't achieve.

The writer friend seems to want to base Touko's character on her, so perhaps she will do the same for each actor/member of the student council. Perhaps lots of hidden feelings will pour out as they act out the characters, as they determine how to portray characters that were based on them in the first place.
I thought that the play would just be one of the events before the ending but it seems more important than that. After the tension in chapter 10, where eveythif was about it, I'm surprised at how it's only mentioned here and then for now, like a slow and steady buildup towards its eventual preparation.

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate how the story is written. a lot of things seem minor, or just casual, simply cute, but in a way, it's probably just very subtle development, subtlety progressing towards something bigger, more significantly impactful. Chapter 13 didn't have much concretely happen, a shared umbrella event, but just a few panels got us feeling shivers down our spines, that foreshadowing for incoming angst. And that was just a page or two. When the bomb does drop, when everything collides, my heart will probably burst.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

YES YES YASSSSS GROW FEELINGS GROW GROW LIKE MAGIC BEANS GHRROOWWWWWW

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

That kiss on the hand kills me

same, Touko's so sly

The slyness is too much. I hope she keeps that slyness if they ever end up together mehehehhe

Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

When you're in love, and you don't even know it. I think it's probably going to slap her in the face.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch15#4 oh gosh sayaka are you ok your shoulder looks ......disjointed looks really painfull damn you should go to the doctor

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 11:15PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I'm dying and this manga is responsible.... aaa

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch15#4 oh gosh sayaka are you ok your shoulder looks ......disjointed looks really painfull damn you should go to the doctor

Oh yeah, I was thinking of that too when I read this chapter... what the heck is up with her right arm? Something looks really off about it.

joined Jan 2, 2015

This chapter kinda surprised me a bit, I had anticipated Yuu's reaction to Touko's teasing to be a little different from what it actually is showed here, I guess it's not going to be that easy uh
I'm under the impression that Yuu's feelings are slowly changing, especially considering how much she was happy when her senpai showed up in "Rained In" and how she wanted to be close to her while sitting on that bench, to feel Touko's warmness, as if just with that all the loneliness that she constantly feels would go away. I think that since that declaration by the river, the more the story progresses the more Yuu tries to conceal her feelings -even from herself at this point-, and tries to prevent them from growing to be able to stay by Touko's side: first in ch.10 she tells Touko just what she wanted to hear (I can't and won't be able to fall in love with you) tightening her teeth right after (and she even thinks "But I think I lied"), then in ch.13 on the bench she renounces to lean toward Touko -because she knows that such an action would prove to her senpai that she is changing despite what she stated previously- and instead she's just content by staying next to her, but I guess eventually that won't be enough, and then comes that scene with Maki when it shows so clearly on her face and her words sounds terribly fake, as if she's trying to convince not just others but even herself that she is totally fine with the current situation, but in reality the loliness and the effort of suppressing her own desire to change is almost shattering her. And how said by zensunni, she totally felt bothered about not having been able to spend time with her senpai lately, so please...
So yeah, I think by now her saying she can't fall in love is just her trying to put up a façade for the good(bad) of Touko and whatever it is they share.

I'm actually starting to think that Sayaka is the luckiest out of the two lol Mai gawd

I don't think Touko is totally selfish, I mean, a bit of that too, but I'd say such actions are in part the consequences of Yuu letting her doing what she wants and always forgiving her in the first place (she even says it in ch.6), with that...uhm- strange?... way of thinking of hers it's probably safe to assume she realizes what she's doing just to a certain extent, and she is "shackling" Yuu but she thinks the latter is fine with it, too.

I can't contain the hype for what is to come. I'm so grateful to Nakatani for creating this manga... Keep it on sensei!
I'm kinda happy that I feel so passionate, but it's so hard to wait at times tho ahah-

btw Maki is the first male character in a yuri that ever since was introduced I look forward to know more about rofl

last edited at Sep 3, 2016 2:27AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Oh yeah, I was thinking of that too when I read this chapter... what the heck is up with her right arm? Something looks really off about it.

I'm not actually sure what to make of it, but since this was like the only sports festival look for her in this chapter, I'll take it. I'm desperate.

51693822_p0
joined Aug 13, 2016

So.. is this gonna be love triangle?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm not actually sure what to make of it, but since this was like the only sports festival look for her in this chapter, I'll take it. I'm desperate.

She's stretching?
Like, it looks weird in general or cus you didnt know what was going on in there?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

She's stretching?
Like, it looks weird in general or cus you didnt know what was going on in there?

looks weird in general your shoulder shouldnt be there unless your some kind of escapist

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I can relate to Yuu and Maki, I've never fallen in love with someone or had a crush, but I don't really know if im asexual and/or aromantic. Because I'm 15 I don't want to lable myself as something I might not be. But im definitely demisexual!

Don't worry. I am 24 years old and I have never fallen in love once. We still have much time to meet the right one :)

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

My interpretation of this story is that Yuu is the seed and Touko is the soil/dirt. Yuu has struggle past her feelings for Touko to eventually reach the sunlight and bloom. I think this whole story is setting up Yuu for a future character that’s she will fall in love with, because of her hardship that she has to go through with Touko.

I think Touko is not the end game for this manga as all signs point to ToukoXYuu being in a disastrous relationship. The end point for Yuu is her actually falling in love with someone. Maybe this whole story is a flash back that Yuu is telling her future girlfriend. As some of things that Yuu says indicate that, in chapter 5 at the end, Yuu says "I didn't realize it at that time." It’s like Yuu saying her first love story to someone. Or it could mean other things but I don't think Yuu and Touko will have a happy ending.

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

^ Wow. That interpretation is too sad though and yet so heart breaking at the same time.

Anywho, the way this manga is progressing is good but I am guessing this is going to go on for 3 more volumes of Yuu trying to figure out a LOT of stuff. I don't have the patience. Hahaha. But that's just me. It would be so much waste if they don't end up together. However, that's me being biased because I don't like bittersweet endings. Haha.

joined Feb 7, 2016

My interpretation of this story is that Yuu is the seed and Touko is the soil/dirt. Yuu has struggle past her feelings for Touko to eventually reach the sunlight and bloom. I think this whole story is setting up Yuu for a future character that’s she will fall in love with, because of her hardship that she has to go through with Touko.

Wow nice theory!!

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I ship Yuu x Sayaka... But one can only dream. ._.

last edited at Sep 3, 2016 3:36PM

joined Aug 15, 2016

omg, i love this. stories with ace characters are awesome

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I don't think they are ace, girl is just figuring things out :O maybe she's demi :P

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I ship Yuu x Sayaka... But one can only dream. ._.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I don't think they are ace, girl is just figuring things out :O maybe she's demi :P

What? Is this some kind of secret code?

To reply you must either login or sign up.