Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Chapter 17 English

The title tho, the cover
+the last page's narration
There's a lot of think about, a lot of panels without narration actually, just expressions from Yuu. I wonder if the starting shot is a metaphor for the heartbeat at the end. I wonder if it could be her own.

ALSO THEY MADE OUT. TOUKO USED TONGUE LMAO

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 5:33PM

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Chapter 17 English

The title tho, the cover
+the last page's narration
There's a lot of think about, a lot of panels without narration actually, just expressions from Yuu. I wonder if the starting shot is a metaphor for the heartbeat at the end. I wonder if it could be her own.

ALSO THEY MADE OUT. TOUKO USED TONGUE LMAO

Pretty sure it is a metaphor. In the cover , she is covering her ears , which I think it represents her being either oblivious or in deep denial about her feelings (she doesn't notice the heartbeats are hers) . Also, Touko has her hands over hers, because she actually doesn't want Yuu to fall in love with her and Yuu is aware of it. Even the title of the chapter suggests that Yuu is oblivious af.
And this chapter, fuck , after this no one can say Yuu doesn't have romantic feelings towards Touko. I don't mean she is completely in love with her , not yet, but there's definitely something there.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kinda disappointed bout what this series turned out to be.
From a refreshingly different beginning, it slowly became just another yuri series.

To the point that I feel almost no interest to keep reading.. kinda sluggishly skimming through pages...

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Good chapter. Not as good as people were making it out to be. Or maybe i'm just too dull in catching expression without narration.

Anyways, hope we will get more into relationship rather than stalling.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Good chapter. Not as good as people were making it out to be. Or maybe i'm just too dull in catching expression without narration.

Same. It's emotionally tense and sure as hell alludes to some serious future developments, but there's nothing terribly climactic going on in this chapter, specifically. I'll wait for the drama bomb to actually be dropped before I act all blown away.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 12:17AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^it would be awesome if the author decides to use this chapter moments in future chapter as a reminder to creater more dramatic and tense scene.

I hope she/he won't drop it right there.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Same. It's emotionally tense and sure as hell alludes to some serious future developments, but there's nothing terribly climactic going on in this chapter, specifically. I'll wait for the drama bomb to actually be dropped before I act all blown away.

I'm kinda surprised many yuri fans enjoy drama a lot. I don't dislike it, but I'm not a big fan of it either. Maybe because drama in yuri tends to be really forced and cliches. Like it's either cheating, a psycho ex, a stalker, an annoying friend , a love triangle, hetero or angst about being lesbians. That's why I dislike series like Citrus , NTR and Pulse. I don't mean to say this cliches are always bad, it's just most of the time they are poorly written.
Anyway, I'm not against drama in this series, I would enjoy it, I just hope it actually makes sense rather than being forced, even if it has a cliche, as long as it's well written, is fine for me

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 1:21AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^I agree with you on Citrus and NTR. I really didn't like both of them. But i found Pulse more interesting and more natural than both of them.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 1:58AM

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Yuu is in an extreme phase of denial.
Can't blame her though, either she's afraid of her own feeling or she's afraid of Touko finding out about her feeling. I mean in chp 13 Yuu was afraid of Touko's expression.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It does start to resemble more common yuri shenanigans a bit now. But well, I think the author has earned the benefit of the doubt here, and I trust they will spin it into something interesting.

In other words the gruelling wait for the next chapter begins again!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The denial is strong in this one. Yuu is totally fascinated by Touko. She watches her run and forgets the world.

Anyway, for me, it's natural that Yuu would eventually fall for Touko. It's the way normal relationships develop. I think that's what the author is aiming for : showing that Yuu isn't aromantic, it's just that, like a lot of people, she needs time to warm up to someone. Being in love is not necessarily something instantaneous. The media (like the manga Yuu reads in the beginning) oversells love as something that strikes you like lightning. When she's asked out by a boy, she feels cheated because nothing of the sort happened.

By being close to someone, spending time together and seeing them as a potential romantic partner from the start, you eventually develop feeling for them. "Eventually, I will become yours.". That's the whole plot.

As for Touko, it's unclear what she aims for. If she doesn't want Yuu to fall for her because it would bring expectations, she's doing a very bad job.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Wha- Touko, keep your tongue in your own mouth, this isn't feaking Citrus!

…Ehem, anyway, it's developping quietly but steadily. I don't expect any big drama bomb to be dropped in this series anyway. Nakatani doesn't seem to be a "flashy" writer. If there's drama, it'll be quiet and subdued.

As for Touko, it's unclear what she aims for. If she doesn't want Yuu to fall for her because it would bring expectations, she's doing a very bad job.

I don't think she "aims" for anything. She's simply intoxicated, and thinks Yuu won't fall for her no matter what she does, so she ends up going a bit overboard. Except Yuu's starting to be attracted, slowly but surely, but Touko doesn't quite notice it. The whole appeal of the series is to see how that stalemate will be resolved, really.

On another note, I kinda liked the little rivalry between Touko and that basketball club member. It shows us a side of her we hadn't really seen so far.

Also, I laughed.

Yay

Can you see the flame of competition burning in their eyes?!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Dear Sayaka,

Don't braid your hair.

Sincerely,
Your fans

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Ohhh clever title.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I'm afraid because it feels like when Yuu falls in love with her Nanami will stop loving her. So Sayaka x Yuu is the only hope.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Main couple aside I hope sayaka gets out of that love triangle and gets a gf who appreciates her. Why do the good ones always fall in love with the hopeless?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

^ makes for a more interesting story, I suppose, especially if you aim for a bumpy road.

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

-Wakes up
-Sees new chapter
-Gets to the make out scene
-Starts dancing happily
-Realizes that there's another wait for the next chapter
-Starts dancing sadly

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Really nice to see Yuu falling in love. She deserves it. She's a good girl. And Touko is a good match for her. And I also really liked to see that Yuu's friend was so observant. I'm sure she'll read the two quite quickly. Perhaps she might resolve the future conflict between Yuu and Touko with the drama script she's writing.
Great to see the sensei's gf. Kinda made me think that she hadn't fully accepted her feelings and secretly came to cheer for her beloved one.
And yeah, Sayaka needs somebody else. I could even picture her bisexual somehow. But both Touko and Yuu are so wrong for her.

Very sweet chapter overall. The kiss was like honey. Yuu will start longing for these reaaally soon. And this manga becomes my favourite yuri story at the moment.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 8:53AM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

you're wrong yuu. it's not just your heart beat. it's also mine. oh my god call 911

Fdda5bf7eb53d241c2af3362cfcf1420-240x304
joined Oct 2, 2016

I can't believe most of the yuri mangas have so manyy characteristics/personalities the same as us (my girlfriend and I) Especially this manga. Nanami is so like my girlfriend(when she's on her young age, she's not really confident, until she reaches the age which she wants to stand out. Now, she's the president of their badminton club and she's also very reliable and wants to live to everyone's expectations, but shows her weak sides only to me >w<) and Me as Yuu who can be heartless and when Im doing something I like, I will really be into it. Sooo looking forward to this manga! Keep it up 0

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 10:23AM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Oh, Yuu, I'm not a big "this character is clearly in denial" person, but you are in denial. Making out with someone causing your heart to race, and it feels nice, you might just like them. :-)

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

Yes! They finally did a French kiss. Loving this series and it's art so far.

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

Yes! They finally did a French kiss. Loving this series and it's art so far.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

-Wakes up
-Sees new chapter
-Gets to the make out scene
-Starts dancing happily
-Realizes that there's another wait for the next chapter
-Starts dancing sadly

S- shit, you saw me do that? D: ^^'

To reply you must either login or sign up.