Forum › My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Haruto has been a pretty good male character so far, so I have hopes that he won't do something stupid next chapter....Yes I'm being overly optimistic.

But I was pleasantly surprised with how Minato came out. I was actually pretty glad she did even if the circumstances were pretty shitty. I was expecting her to deny it and lie to Haruto, but it's nice to see her lay it down straight and end all doubt for both parties there.

So far, I really like how Momono Moto has written Minato and Haruto's relationship, so I hope she doesn't fuck it up next chapter :(

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 8:36PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ladies and gentleman, the first yuri character ever to Google something besides how two girls have sex

joined Jan 16, 2016

Hrm... looks like Minato is really in a bad situation, I hope it kinda ends well for her. Looks like she it toyed around by some of the other characters.
I especially don't like the lil talk between Iku and Asami... :/

joined Jun 12, 2015

This is getting better and better. Momono Moto is good.

Ladies and gentleman, the first yuri character ever to Google something besides how two girls have sex

I'm pretty sure it's not the first time. But it's rare to see something like that in yuri manga.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hrm... looks like Minato is really in a bad situation, I hope it kinda ends well for her. Looks like she it toyed around by some of the other characters.

Yeah. Mr. Childhood Friend Being Bitter may have actually had a point about Asami. It seems like her intentions may not be real nice. When you combine this chapter's Iku stuff with some of the stuff from earlier about photo albums . . . I can imagine a bizarre plot twist where it turns out Asami is actually out to mess Minato over as a revenge plot against her mother or some damn thing. Hopefully not. But her expression on p. 10 gives me a foreboding feeling, for sure.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 6:36PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

So far Haruto has been a pretty good male character so far, so I have hopes that he won't do something stupid next chapter....Yes I'm being overly optimistic.

I'm with you on the optimism. Haruto's actions in this chapter were about as good as they could as they could be given how things were building up before hand. I can't describe how tense I was when Minato picks him up at the bar.

I really love how Haruto possesses depth and complexity with some very realistic faults, but ultimately remains a sympathetic male character. I hope that can continue, because yuri fiction needs a lot more of it.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 6:43PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

I have such distaste and very little tolerance for how frequently the "overly entitled and assertive guy" trope appears with male peer characters in yuri manga. Whenever it gets resolved the guy always gets the benefit of the doubt for his actions and blame for the matter never gets assigned in a clear cut and corrective way. This kind of ridiculous, truly unthinkable behavior gets passed off as a whimsical human failing rather than an identifiable social ill with known causes and ways of perpetuating itself.

I know I don't know what will end up happening to this guy, but so far his actions and the others' reactions to him seem to be trodding well-worn ground. I know that people reading romance manga aren't reading them for their perfectly theorized progressive sex politics, but the level of subservience and deference they show this guy, and his ilk in other manga (though, being a childhood friend, in this case the protag has good reason to help him and put up with his bullshit) truly grates on you when you see it so much.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm glad that Minato is starting to stand with her own two feet instead of relying on others.

I'm still worried about Asami though. I just have this bad vibe about her.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

But that's the first thing I googled when I became interested. Also she already knew how they have sex since Asami did her lots, so she wouldn't google it xD.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 11:39PM

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Minato is the so goddam stupid.

Isn't that kind of the point? Look at the title of the manga. Minato is sheltered and naive. She's just now finally beginning to learn how to function on her own.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Don't be a douche, Haruto!

joined Oct 7, 2016

Thanks for sharing the chapter 5 :D (I'm native spanish so it's better than see raws xDD)

polioro, from what manga is your avatar? i've been wondering for a while now. i think i've read that before but can't remember :)

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

Haruto don't pull any dickhead moves.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Thanks for sharing the chapter 5 :D (I'm native spanish so it's better than see raws xDD)

polioro, from what manga is your avatar? i've been wondering for a while now. i think i've read that before but can't remember :)

Oh, a favourite of mine

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 2:28AM

joined May 7, 2015

Ugh, cliffhanger.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Yeah. Mr. Childhood Friend Being Bitter may have actually had a point about Asami. It seems like her intentions may not be real nice. When you combine this chapter's Iku stuff with some of the stuff from earlier about photo albums . . . I can imagine a bizarre plot twist where it turns out Asami is actually out to mess Minato over as a revenge plot against her mother or some damn thing. Hopefully not. But her expression on p. 10 gives me a foreboding feeling, for sure.

The first pages of chapter 4 described Minato being Asami's first love.

But yeah...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_ignorance_of_a_world_yet_unknown_ch05#10

This is giving me the shivers.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

I'm gonna punch this guy.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Haruto don't pull any dickhead moves.

As a man I echo this. Break out of your trope dude.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Why are all the characters turning out to be all so unlikeable? The MC is far too naive and dumb for her own good (seriously, going to the bar to have an awkward conversation with your drunk friend that's into you is totally logical, even despite having already have made plans, and despite that it's your birthday, but sure of course you have to do this thing right now and not like tomorrow instead, when he's sober, makes total sense)

then you have everyone else who just seem varying levels of dickish. Asami was already a :/ for me, and that smile in this chapter really was not winning me over. Where are the decent characters??

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

im starting to dislike every character lmao ;-;

joined Dec 13, 2015

It's frustrating that the female friend was all "Haruto's a mess right now, you gotta go help him ASAP!" Yeah, Minato and Haruto are old friends so I get being concerned despite the circumstances, and if that was all I would be fine. But I am incredibly uncomfortable with the "it's your fault he's like this/you guys fell out!" undertone. Really, what did Minato do wrong? So she doesn't have feelings for Haruto/likes someone else - that doesn't make the situation "her fault". If Haruto is too weak to deal with the situation in any way besides drinking (it's not like he's the only guy jn the history of forever to be rejected), that's his problem and Minato has nothing to be guilty about.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Minato is the so goddam stupid. I know what lets tell Haruto when he is drunk that's the best time it’s not like his going to be resentful or anything. I know what would be more perfect is if I go see him first, instead of calling Asami and telling her I’ll be late like any normal person would. This mess is caused by Minato who is clueless as a blonde but I guess this is where the angst comes from.

I’m guessing now Haruto will say his banging Minato and Asumi will most likely have sex with her friend, to make herself feel better for being stood up.

Honestly, I really liked Minato this chapter. I think her actions show how much she's changed from before. Remember how she talked about walking a straight path in life? That's pretty much on the dot, with her family situation, she's probably been spending most of her time helping out with the restaurant, never really doing anything outside of a routine. She was pretty much arranged to get married to Haruto the way things were going, and she knew that.

As someone who's relied so much on Haruto, it makes sense that she would feel responsible for Haruto's situation and want to clear things up; it is also her problem, not Asami's. Her being direct with Haruto signals her moving away from that path she's been walking all this while, like the title suggests, she's starting to enter a new world.

I just hope Haruto won't be a dick about it, he's been pretty cool so far; then again, he's drunk.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 1:34PM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Why are all the characters turning out to be all so unlikeable? The MC is far too naive and dumb for her own good (seriously, going to the bar to have an awkward conversation with your drunk friend that's into you is totally logical, even despite having already have made plans, and despite that it's your birthday, but sure of course you have to do this thing right now and not like tomorrow instead, when he's sober, makes total sense)

then you have everyone else who just seem varying levels of dickish. Asami was already a :/ for me, and that smile in this chapter really was not winning me over. Where are the decent characters??

I don't remember many likable characters from this author, at least in their longer works...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

It's frustrating that the female friend was all "Haruto's a mess right now, you gotta go help him ASAP!" Yeah, Minato and Haruto are old friends so I get being concerned despite the circumstances, and if that was all I would be fine. But I am incredibly uncomfortable with the "it's your fault he's like this/you guys fell out!" undertone. Really, what did Minato do wrong? So she doesn't have feelings for Haruto/likes someone else - that doesn't make the situation "her fault". If Haruto is too weak to deal with the situation in any way besides drinking (it's not like he's the only guy jn the history of forever to be rejected), that's his problem and Minato has nothing to be guilty about.

Yeah I was annoyed with the friend too. "How dare you not return his feelings, its your fault he's a mess!" well, no, actually. If he wants to drink himself silly each night that's his choice. Yeah I'm all for her talking to him about it, because theyre friends, but I didn't like how she was so easily pressured into talking to him right now when she already had places to be, and when he was quite obviously not going to be able to talk properly about it, because he's drunk. All she really had to do was send a text saying she wanted to talk to him tomorrow. EASY

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh yelp it's been a while.... Time to reread

To reply you must either login or sign up.