Forum › Posts by MelonBun

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Reading this again, I noticed some things I initially missed.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_blue_star_on_that_day_ano_koro_no_aoi_hoshi_ch04#23

It seems to me like the "Mermaid" that Segawa is talking about here is actually Koumoto.

1) Her talk about the "person I like", and the mermaid being "surrounded by friends", fits much better with Koumoto than the mermaid that supposedly represents her mother.
2) She starts to get emotional after Ibu openly hates on her in front of Koumoto, something we see to be a sore point for Segawa later on.
3) This scenario mirrors how Segawa tried to distance herself from Koumoto after encountering her bullies, feeling she's not good enough for Koumoto

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_blue_star_on_that_day_ano_koro_no_aoi_hoshi_ch07#26

It really lifts up this later scene for me even more, because Koumoto here is just doing what Segawa was already doing earlier on; pretending she's not talking about her feelings for the person right in front of her.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Just a thought, but Tsukasa's friend didn't seem to know she had a girlfriend. She introduced her as kind of a loner, but Tsukasa's clearly used to doing this. Her girlfriend also believed that she just overslept. Maybe being a shut-in is kind of her cover story.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I think calling something that drives you to suicide could be classified as a villain. It’s not like it’s blaming Airi, it’s acknowledging there is this other force she clearly doesn’t have a handle on that’s caused most if not all the issues in the series. Airi isn’t the villain, this uncontrolled aspect of her is.

Well, I'd argue you can't really take a significant part of what makes a person and then say you're not talking about the person as a whole. My point is generally that it's a human tendency to draw lines in the sand and say this is good and this bad, and when we do that we're less understanding towards others. One could say, it's because of Airi's selfishness that this happened, and therefore lump people who suffer similar bad outcomes in the basket we call "selfish". The problem is that the label of villain has a lot of societal baggage, and you can't exactly just isolate facets of people as though they're separate from the person as a whole.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I guess in the end Airi's selfishness was the real villain all along

Well, when you see Airi in the state that she is towards the end, you'd hardly picture her as a villain. Maybe a more appropriate takeaway is that we should throw away our need to categorize, instead, being understanding that different people have different circumstances. Airi's situation was in a downward spiral, and many people could have stepped in to pull her out, but they never did.

Personally, I see a poignant message to seek help for mental health. Because though we'd like to believe things will get better, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you end up at a point where there is no getting better, and the best thing is to be proactive and nip it at the bud.

last edited at Feb 25, 2022 12:30AM

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Hina's introspection was really sad. We see her coping with all the abuse and neglect Airi puts her through after they get found out, but this was an admission that she was in denial, that deep down she knew Airi didn't care about her at all. That line "But it's what I want..." kind of stings when you consider how different their ideas about love are.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Edgy girl will come back to rescue Hina.
She went back to college to become a "proper adult" and once she gets a job she will come back.
That is my head cannon.
If lucky science babies in the future.

Yes that is my cannon too

Seems like that was what the author was going for. Just before she left she tries to actually take a sip of the wine and realizes, much like a kid, she hates the taste. She then cleans up the bottle, leaves it by the window, and draws the curtains so the light shines on both it and her letter. I'd interpret that as her returning as the adult Hina looks up to, the one who would pompously sip wine I guess.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Looking for this oneshot where a girl's getting bullied after rumours of her having a girlfriend spread. MC is there for her during this time and starts to fall for her. MC gets her hopes crushed, as the girl confesses to MC... that she has a girlfriend.

Maybe this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dusk_orange_the_blooming_flowers#2

Yup, that's the one. Thanks!

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Looking for this oneshot where a girl's getting bullied after rumours of her having a girlfriend spread. MC is there for her during this time and starts to fall for her. MC gets her hopes crushed, as the girl confesses to MC... that she has a girlfriend.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I thought it was very emotional how Yuu got so serious and forced Haruka to face her fears and emotions to move forward.

And that's the thing I really loved about Sakura Trick. Yuu might come off as a little bit bratty, but she's really mature in dealing with her relationship with Haruka.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I know it probably feels bad to be abandoned like that, but just imagine what it feels like to be the childhood friend right now. A new chapter comes up and it's the conclusion, there's not a single mention of her, and it's been months so everyone's forgotten she exists.

Getting axed sucks, I could see them building up to this conclusion, but it's just a hot mess now.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

That's why my fallback position was picturing Yuu topping Emi--"Oh, I wouldn't dream of leaving you, my pretty little kitten--you'll have me all to yourself in ways you've never even imagined." :)

Lol. It might not be too far from the truth though. Well, the general sentiment at least.

At one point, Emi compares "One try a day" to not letting Yuu be with anyone. Like she's putting off the future. The status quo she resigned to, was that she would never get the cat. And that became the whole point of her once a day exercise, not to get the cat, but to put off the process.

For that reason, I think Yuu getting the cat is like her forcing Emi to move forward. The hand holding at the last page seems like a throwback to when Yuu first dragged Emi out of the corner, guiding her forward.

Also, I've always thought this relationship revolved around Emi's feelings, but that might not be wholly accurate. Emi says Yuu shines like the main character of a story when she's in love with a guy. But Yuu says she feels like the protagonist when she confides in Emi. Yuu's been sticking around Emi because she wants to, despite everything that Emi's done. She mentions wanting to be like an older sister to her and has an odd sense of accomplishment from being at the receiving end of Emi's obsessive tendencies.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

The issue of Miracle out this month has announced next month's chapter is the last and so the last volume will be 8.

Even though the story was consistently progressing towards their graduation, the thought of it ending somehow escaped me, it's really sad to see it go. ;_;

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Thank you!

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Looking for this manga that I can't quite remember the name of. The love interest was a girl who's went through many boyfriends and the MC falls for her after witnessing her crying after a breakup. They get together after the girl finds her name written in green ink on the MC's eraser.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

what'd I miss!? what's this "secret" that Haruka has?? was it in the last ch or something? o.O

Read back to the last 2 pages of the previous chapter
Yuu is finally acting on her suspicions of Haruka and Sumi

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

If there's any incest, then I'm outta here. Let's hope it won't be so depraved.

For your assessment : Answer is nope.

Shizuku and Kotone, the secondary couple in Sakura Trick, are cousins aren't they?

Completely forgot about that somehow. Got me thinking again, aren't they distant cousins? Kotone's rich as hell while Shizuku's probably the least well to do of the main cast; I get that wealth doesn't have to be shared, but Kotone's family even does arranged marriage so I'd figure even the spouse's side would be well off.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 2:48AM

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Minato is the so goddam stupid. I know what lets tell Haruto when he is drunk that's the best time it’s not like his going to be resentful or anything. I know what would be more perfect is if I go see him first, instead of calling Asami and telling her I’ll be late like any normal person would. This mess is caused by Minato who is clueless as a blonde but I guess this is where the angst comes from.

I’m guessing now Haruto will say his banging Minato and Asumi will most likely have sex with her friend, to make herself feel better for being stood up.

Honestly, I really liked Minato this chapter. I think her actions show how much she's changed from before. Remember how she talked about walking a straight path in life? That's pretty much on the dot, with her family situation, she's probably been spending most of her time helping out with the restaurant, never really doing anything outside of a routine. She was pretty much arranged to get married to Haruto the way things were going, and she knew that.

As someone who's relied so much on Haruto, it makes sense that she would feel responsible for Haruto's situation and want to clear things up; it is also her problem, not Asami's. Her being direct with Haruto signals her moving away from that path she's been walking all this while, like the title suggests, she's starting to enter a new world.

I just hope Haruto won't be a dick about it, he's been pretty cool so far; then again, he's drunk.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 1:34PM

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Haruka should be enjoying that Matcha Cake about now...

Guys if your a fan of Sakura Trick, which one is you favorite paring in this series.

Rina X Garlic?

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Wouldn't one say the fact that Kobayashi is actively fighting those urges shows that Tooru and Kana are important to her? I mean it's kind of the point that Kobayashi as a overly-logical and seemingly apathetic person is starting to warm up to Tooru and Kana, like with meet the parents chapter. After all, I've always thought it was kind of the strength of Yuri to express feelings which extend beyond romantic or sexual. That aside, it's just a gag.

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 8:08AM

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I saw it in an interview way back around the time the movie first came out, and I can't seem to find it anymore, myself. And everything I find now that even references the event speaks of it really toned down.

I can't tell if it's something that was blown out of proportion at the time, or something that is being glossed over now.

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Movie_3_Brochure

You probably read a very skewed opinion, here's the interview you're talking about.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Whatever your opinion may be, the director and writer got into a pretty big fight over exactly that issue.

I'd like a source on that. I get that Shinbo suggested Urobuchi change the ending, but I don't recall Urobuchi being against the idea.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

"you have your moments like that too, Yuzu."
Being Kaede is suffering.

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

I get that this is a serious issue and all, but there's one thing I just can't get out of my head. "Since I was three, I knew I was gay." This guy's a fast learner.

MelonBun
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Seems like Shio is a queen bee too. This is so over the top edgy that it's kinda entertaining. So, who's rooting for the lolicon?

MelonBun
Boyfriend discussion 11 Apr 00:34
Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Let's not be biased about this. If we're talking about being selfish, it's not as if Yuuko isn't guilty. Yuuko, forcing herself to play the part of a man, neglects that her feelings won't get through to Risa if she doesn't say anything. She makes no issue about it before suddenly dumping everything on Risa and, all by herself, concludes that she's alone in the relationship without clarifying with Risa, even trying to break it off on a moment's notice.

I'm not hating on Yuuko here, people are imperfect, that's part of the point. I get that people here are sensitive to gender issues, but seriously there's not even any ill will here. You disagree with what they say, that's fine, but that's no reason to bitch over the issue for 2 pages. It's really not adding anything to the discussion, state your mind and let it go.

last edited at Apr 11, 2016 12:35AM