Forum › Stretch discussion

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

To be honest, if you remove your yuri googles, Ran's emotional involvement toward Keiko may be totally non romantic.

It might be, but I don't think it's just "yuri goggles". Ran had a dream about Keiko that Shou specifically wrote in, and when pressed on whether she was having "trouble with her boyfriend", Ran replied with "something like that". It's clear that there's an intended implication of romantic feelings on Ran's behalf.

Keiko's investment in Ran, however, is more ambiguous. But I think it's silly to pretend Shou isn't putting in any suggestions at all for Ran being romantically interested in Keiko.

joined Apr 20, 2013

There was something weird in this chapter that I couldn't catch... Maybe I'm just in a deep agony about these two.

joined Oct 13, 2014

To be honest, if you remove your yuri googles, Ran's emotional involvement toward Keiko may be totally non romantic.

It might be, but I don't think it's just "yuri goggles". Ran had a dream about Keiko that Shou specifically wrote in, and when pressed on whether she was having "trouble with her boyfriend", Ran replied with "something like that". It's clear that there's an intended implication of romantic feelings on Ran's behalf.

Keiko's investment in Ran, however, is more ambiguous. But I think it's silly to pretend Shou isn't putting in any suggestions at all for Ran being romantically interested in Keiko.

people seem to forget about that dream chapter but also remember she wonders why she even had a dream like that. it could be that she never realized her sexuality and either still hasnt or is finally figuring it out

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

man if this had a yuri tag i would have been so mad at this point XD

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yet my little heart is hoping to see a yuri tag one day. At this point I'm thinking it probably won't have one, it would be a pleasant surprise to see it though. I'll keep enjoying the ride for now.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Yet my little heart is hoping to see a yuri tag one day. At this point I'm thinking it probably won't have one, it would be a pleasant surprise to see it though. I'll keep enjoying the ride for now.

Could have had a Subtext tag from the beginning.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Wait what...?
But I thought for sure the few last chapters were hinting for yuri in the near future....

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Wait what...?
But I thought for sure the few last chapters were hinting for yuri in the near future....

We're talking about Shou, Legendary Master Troll and Supreme Lord of the Dark Arts of Deceit, tracing and vagueness.

We can't be sure of anything. For all we know in the next chapter they can be together as romantic couple, Keiko could be back with her boyfriend and Ran paired with... er... the perverted boob-loving kid, or a thermonuclear device fall and everyone die.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." - Higashiyama Shou (Until they catch you tracing, that's it...)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

We're talking about Shou, Legendary Master Troll and Supreme Lord of the Dark Arts of Deceit, tracing and vagueness.

We can't be sure of anything. For all we know in the next chapter they can be together as romantic couple, Keiko could be back with her boyfriend and Ran paired with... er... the perverted boob-loving kid, or a thermonuclear device fall and everyone die.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." - Higashiyama Shou (Until they catch you tracing, that's it...)

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!?!?!?! ;~;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait what...?

Well, 100% of the vagueness and trolling rep comes from this one manga. And afaik he's quit it with the tracing, so.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Everything previously permitted is now mandatory.

last edited at Sep 3, 2015 9:39AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ChocolateCakeLover

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!?!?!?! ;~;

It should always be "why not" not "why".

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

By leaving it unresolved, this little series of stretching diagrams has drawn 3300 comments.

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

3300 comments? Wtf?

Hg
joined Aug 12, 2015

New chapter released!

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

So Keiko's moving to kansai in a few days?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lots of teasing, as usual.

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 1:46PM

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

OMG, so much hugging! o.o

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 4:53PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Lots of teasing, as usual.

Yeah, the " as usual " says it all. I had a lot of fun with this manga. But even if it ever becomes yuri, there is to much filler and trolling to make it a great story. But the shipping was great.

Thanks for the translation boon.

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 6:56PM

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

<3

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I just can't anymore...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm not as strong as an interpreter of subtext as you guys here, but did I miss something about someone moving?

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Hella kawaii <3

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I seems Keiko is moving out for some reason (I don't believe a reason has been given though). Still the whole tone of the chapter feels off, we'll see where it goes I guess

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

"I'm sick of watching you lovebirds flirt with each other..."

Saki telling it like it is.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I figured Keiko was moving out from the last chapter (although not a thing was said as to why and for how long - so everything could be back to normal in a couple of chapters), but I think this was the first time I felt that the way the plot has been presented for quite some time makes everything feel rather pointless. Shou has been showing us the main characters just going through the motions of their routines and habitual interactions. I can't really tell what makes them tick nor can I gauge what's going on in the story. The early chapters with the time skips felt more interesting.

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 7:32PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.