This one's for you, Hello Kitty

Original
Author's Twitter
Author's Pixiv

My Tip Jar

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 7:57PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nice! I thought the gloomy girl was the ghost at first...

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

Ayo, that was good. Even the little twist was nice

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think gloomy girl IS a ghost or something nonhuman now, TOO. We're all dead on this trip.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I feel like this is a cheat. The ghost says to the non ghost, "Why's a ghost being so prissy?". Unless the twist is that the ghost and human exchanged places, this doesn't work.

And if it is the second scenario then I'm still confused.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I feel like this is a cheat. The ghost says to the non ghost, "Why's a ghost being so prissy?". Unless the twist is that the ghost and human exchanged places, this doesn't work.

Could be that the ghost just didn't realize she was the ghost. I read another one shot recently that used that twist with a girl and her brother.

joined Dec 13, 2018

I thought they were both ghosts.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I thought they were both ghosts.

"We're all ghosts now" -Soldier 76

Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

FluffyCow posted:

"Excuse me for dropping in" - Winston Overwatch

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

FluffyCow posted:

"pew pew, check out my butt" - Tracer
Sorry, haven't played it, guessing lines here

UnidentifiedFangirlingHimejoshi
Untitled2120_20220919231752
joined Sep 7, 2021

FluffyCow posted:

"What kind of fool do you take me for? She's a ghost, she's a ghost, you're a ghost, I'M A GHOST! are there any other ghosts I should know about?!" - D.Va

Rider_maid_cropped2
joined Jun 25, 2022

FluffyCow posted:

"What kind of fool do you take me for? She's a ghost, she's a ghost, you're a ghost, I'M A GHOST! are there any other ghosts I should know about?!" - D.Va

"Meeeooow" - Pharah

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

What's the deal with the last page though?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Would have been funny if the black haired girl killed the other and made it look like suicide

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

how can a ghost blush if it has no blood?

Kek, it wasn't finished.

Wait, I take it back the taking back, the ghost blushed.

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 11:06PM

joined May 1, 2015

Hello Kitty let's goooooo.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Looks like the living girl has the ghost's hair style at the end. Not sure what it is supposed to imply.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Looks like the living girl has the ghost's hair style at the end. Not sure what it is supposed to imply.

the irony that, in the end, the living couldnt let go of the dead perhaps?

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

FluffyCow posted:

"Meeeooow" - Pharah

"Ze healing is not as rewarding as ze hurting" - Angela "Mercy" Ziegler

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Twists upon twists...

joined Aug 29, 2019

Could be that the ghost just didn't realize she was the ghost. I read another one shot recently that used that twist with a girl and her brother.

M. Night Shyamalan's Sixth Sense intensifies! (yeah, it's a spoiler, but the movie is from 1999)

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Really liked the art for this one, but the story and “twist” don’t make any sense. I would’ve bought it if they had avoided concretely saying which of them was the ghost, but the light haired girl clearly calls the dark haired girl a ghost and talks about her “passing on”. You can’t just then pull a “…but the other girl was actually da ghost!” like that if you already clearly established which is which and they both seem to know their own roles in universe, too.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah this twist is cheating.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I see no cheating. I see a subversion of expectations. You have two girls talking, one of which adress the other as "ghost". (Expectation: the addressing girl is human). They talk about making too many attachments; ghost girl says it makes more difficult to pass on (expectation: she is talking about herself). After more talking and the realization that the ghost girl has friendzoned the beejebus outta the other girl, that girl passes on (realization: both expectations were subverted; BOTH girls are ghosts, and ghost girl was talking about the other girl passing on - which she is now free to do). Ending, we see ghost girl telling her "scary ghost tale" to a human girl (we think) who does not realize (also, we think) she is talking to an actual ghost.

48e25e4b-7500-4818-b21e-14cc7fc81d93
joined Oct 22, 2022

Pretty low tier twist, especially since the ghost girl refers to the other girl as a ghost, which doesn’t make sense unless both of them are ghosts which the ending would imply isn’t the case. Subverting expectations and setting up twists is one thing but you can’t just have a character make a statement that only makes sense in the context of tricking the audience

To reply you must either login or sign up.