Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Xiaoen is only 26 yet she already understands that the drive to maximize short-term profit often ends up undermining the potential for long-term growth.

Ayup. Smart cookie. Doesn't take shit either. Could she replace my Prime Minister?

last edited at Oct 29, 2022 11:31PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm glad Xiaoen has this stable farm job as the counter to her personality. She's so obviously charming and magnetic that I think it would be too much if she was also some sort of artistic bohemian hippie.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

When it comes to books, I'm almost illiterate, so seeing a book referenced of the handful I've read in my life makes me feel "Oh... so this is how it feels like to be cultured" I'm sure this won't happen again any time soon lo/

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 2:30AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The girl knows well what she wants for her town. And whom she wants.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I really love how Xiaoen talks about the difference between a cultural center and a resort, because like sure the resort might make more money but it sure as hell won't actually make the town nicer to live in. And that is also something I have noticed when on vacation is how tourist towns get so full of tourist attractions that it becomes kind of obvious that permanent residents are made to live in a worse town for them to maximize attractiveness to tourists

And Xiaoen at least sees this and goes "nope, we are building a town for the people who want to live here and not the people who want to pass by for two weeks at a time" because you really do get different towns as a result

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 7:06PM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Some people didn't read The Little Prince?

Guys!! Tracy Hu posted a bonus mini chapter, already translated on her Twitter account!! It's cute!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm glad Xiaoen has this stable farm job as the counter to her personality. She's so obviously charming and magnetic that I think it would be too much if she was also some sort of artistic bohemian hippie.

I don't remember if it has been clearly stated before, but I always assumed Xiaoen is a born and raised farm girl whose roots in peach orchard managing run generations deep. It never occurred to me that she could be an artist from the bohemian milieu who ended up working in Peachtown because reasons.

Well, whatever the case, this chapter dispels any doubt. Look at her finding some bum in her farm and going "GIT OFF MY PROPERTY!" on his ass.

When it comes to books, I'm almost illiterate, so seeing a book referenced of the handful I've read in my life makes me feel "Oh... so this is how it feels like to be cultured" I'm sure this won't happen again any time soon lo/

She likes the fox more than the rose. She has good taste.
(Btw the introduction for this manga, translated here, describes Xiaoen as an adorkable and ditzy "little fox". I see what you did there, Miss Tracy Hu!)

I love the Golden Orchid people and I love that they want to make us read The Little Prince. Even more so because they use the argument "There are pictures."

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I don't remember if it has been clearly stated before, but I always assumed Xiaoen is a born and raised farm girl whose roots in peach orchard managing run generations deep. It never occurred to me that she could be an artist from the bohemian milieu who ended up working in Peachtown because reasons.

Well, whatever the case, this chapter dispels any doubt. Look at her finding some bum in her farm and going "GIT OFF MY PROPERTY!" on his ass.

Just vibe-wise she comes off as artistic and bohemian to me, but you're right she isn't.

Anyways, super cute chapter. Mr. Bai read the subtext real well. I looked back at chapter 9 and he really didn't have a lot to go off of. Expertly played.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The wingmen did a good job.

And, of course, we get a bit of symbolism again with the peach magnet being fixed.

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 4:51AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The last couple of pages here felt somewhat like an open-ended conclusion to the story, but I'm glad that it seems like we're still going to get more chapters!

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

"Hi, I'm-"
"-the guy who does my crush's nails, yes, I know"

I like how her "peevish" insistence on that fact also shows her general ongoing amazement at how much a part of everyone's lives Xiaoen is.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Look at the sweeties blush together. Don't see "peevish" much; I like seeing old words.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Is it me or the visuals are getting better with every chapter? I mean, they were amazing from the start, but it looks to me like they're getting even better. Like Miss Hu is becoming more and more masterful at putting her story into beautiful watercolor-like art with a cinematographic feel of perspectives and movement.

Look at the whole sequence that begins in page 5 when their eyes meet.

And pay attention to the transition from the last panel on page 7 to the lone scene in page 8. Check what happens to the background.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Xiaoen is only 26 yet she already understands that the drive to maximize short-term profit often ends up undermining the potential for long-term growth.

Ayup. Smart cookie. Doesn't take shit either. Could she replace my Prime Minister?

You were what? Finn? Estonian?
The Finn Prime Minister is a horrorshow embarrassment and really needs someone like Xiaoen to chase her off her ministerial chair with a big stick.

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 11:18AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

The internal monologues try to be profound, but for me at least, it just isn't hitting that stride.

Oh well, the art is fantastic and the plot is good.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I feel that too, I'm still reading it because of the art and Xiaoen, she is a charismatic and brings lightness to the story. I kinda dislike pie lady now.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

The monologues are fine, but I mostly found this last one to be a bit superfluous. I feel like the art really is enough to carry things on its own, at least here. The words mostly add to that "huh, wait, this isn't the last chapter is it?" vibe.

I love the playfulness at the end. <3

joined Oct 22, 2021

Personally I think it's the Xiaoen that's the problem in the past 2 chapters. The dynamic seems to change from "weird girl" + "sad girl" to more typical for chinese novels "2 superhumans" romance

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 6:22PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

It there a print version to buy? I feel like this should be a coffeetable book.

I heavily endorse this.

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

I heavily endorse this.

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't understand Chinese tho so I hope it'll be in English

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

the prince eventually returns to his rose on his original planet

Well, I guess it's one way to see it.

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Reading this latest chapter while listening to Snow on the Beach just seems so fitting, hits beautifully

To reply you must either login or sign up.