Forum › Posts by mossmec

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

not really important to the chapter but "warding off cats with plastic bottles" was new to me

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

wait, the author renamed it just because the original descriptive title stopped being accurate after a couple of chapters? Is that allowed?

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

poor Kaoru really fumbled the bag there

mossmec
Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

So they sleep together all cuddly-like before one of them just leaves? That's just ... weird.

I think it's very deliberately the shorter-haired woman clinging on to the longer-haired one. It's a couple diverging, but it's also clearly the longer-haired woman breaking up with her girlfriend who seems a bit in denial - the long-haired woman tries to dissuade her from walking with her, and has to gently remind her during the walk that it's really over and she really isn't going to be coming back.

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

That is an amazing room they're in - one couch, a couple of potted plants, several acres of empty hardwood flooring, and an unsupported staircase that clashes with the flooring.

Based on page 2, one of the potted plants is just in the middle of the room, and they've put all their food next to it.

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

I mean, that’s great for her and all, but I didn’t see her clarify anything at any point after he said “so our engagement is established, then,” which sounds to me like he views her taking the card as accepting his offer. Until that little misunderstanding is cleared up, he is going to continue to view himself as her fiancé, which is bound to cause problems.

It takes two people to be engaged and married. He can think what he wants. That doesn't mean he's her fiance. She didn't hear him, in the last chapter because she was enamored by her thoughts of what she'd buy Mashiro. She never verbally accepted, even wondering why he was still around her and didn't disappear. She's just a (mostly loveable) idiot. In this chapter, she made it crystal clear that she did not consider that an acceptance of anything. So he's not her fiance, just a miscommunication or bad assumption on his part. So, it's mostly "great for him and all," if anything. He can tell people he's her fiance but he'd be wrong. The misunderstanding can cause issues, sure but he's not her fiance. I agree that his role is up in the air. He seems too obviously antagonistic to me but he could team up with the mom.

My point isn’t that they’re actually engaged. Maybe I should’ve put fiancé in quotes. My point is that so long as he thinks they’re engaged, he’s going to be an issue, and once he finds out that they’re not engaged, he might start looking for ways to change that. Plus, the perception that they are engaged could be just as problematic as Makino actually having accepted the engagement.

I bet he takes one look at his credit card statement, immediately figures out what's happening, and becomes either:

1. a chummy, supportive wingman who gives up on her but still roots for her because she's interesting, or
  2. a scummy, supportive wingman who's fine with her continuing to see women but still wants to marry her.
Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

lol at Yaya vibrating at the bottom of page 30

mossmec
Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022
F1cxmfeacaaug1g

That ought to bring Miorine home a little quicker ;-)

mossmec
Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022
Osawa841-1655574244338683905-img1

WELP

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

Hold up, there's a demon goddess too? Wonder if that's who the Elsa-looking lady in a cloak is.

mossmec
Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

"Hi, I'm-"
"-the guy who does my crush's nails, yes, I know"

I like how her "peevish" insistence on that fact also shows her general ongoing amazement at how much a part of everyone's lives Xiaoen is.

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

Such a sudden ending! Gokiko-chan's still a student?

mossmec
Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

Sowaro is such a mood here XD

some good panels in this one

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 9:38PM

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

Whhhat is that related search term they're talking about?

check the title at the top left of the page ;)

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

love Evie's depressed self-pity logic, "I always avoided other people at a school. I am truly a villain."

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

I like Manaria but feel like she doesn't really make sense within the otome setting.

If this were just a story about a commoner in love with a noble, then it would make sense for a character introduced as the stock rival-from-the-love-interest's-past to be comically overpowered compared to Rei - she's supposed to seem insuperably better than the main character.

Rei's already the comically-overpowered protagonist of a completely different story, though, and in that story Manaria's just a minor supporting character, so it's kind of odd that she's also just coincidentally the Avatar.