Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Feb 4, 2019

MIZUKI PLS. I'M BEGGING. GIVE AYA A LIL MORE CREDIT DKDHDJSNSGX

Looks like Aya's gonna need to roll up her sleeves and get up in her face and go, "DUMBASS. I'm not shallow like that! Now ask me out on a date!"

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Jerkface has the premium yuri seating, my friends. Such a juicy view.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

"They call me... Don Kabe."

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Mitsuki being kinda sporty on top of everything else is an unexpected, somewhat sexy twist, not gonna lie :O The girl is dangerous.

last edited at Sep 18, 2022 12:44PM

Tumblr_nbee0zysh31tbx9b9o1_1280
joined Dec 5, 2014

"why can you tell him but not me" girl she just said why

Besides it's not like she wanted to, it just happen

joined Aug 14, 2022

Ooooh, someone's jealous~

joined Jul 31, 2018

"They call me... Don Kabe."

You made me laugh out loud. damn

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

MIZUKI PLS. I'M BEGGING. GIVE AYA A LIL MORE CREDIT DKDHDJSNSGX

Looks like Aya's gonna need to roll up her sleeves and get up in her face and go, "DUMBASS. I'm not shallow like that! Now ask me out on a date!"

Chapter 23 spoilers

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Where is the ppl that disliked Jerkface now HUH!? WHERE!? WHO IS THE JERK NOW!!!

joined Dec 20, 2013

Oh wow, no backtracking, no evasiveness, and we just get on with the plot? That's freaking cool ! wish it'd be like that more often!

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Mitsuki being kinda sporty on top of everything else is an unexpected, somewhat sexy twist, not gonna lie :O The girl is dangerous.

I actually thought it was a bit over the top, to be honest. I mean, you've already created a purposefully cool character (fashion, unintentional flirting, music), there's no need to add more cool points on top of that. Plus, with her staying-in-the-background mentality at school, I'd imagine her to be more the type to avoid participating in pe. Oh well, it's not like it matters all that much.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I'd imagine her to be more the type to avoid participating in pe.

I thought the exact same with this part. as Mitsuki clearly doesn't like people and seems to try and be by herself and not noticed why are they now making her a sporty type person as well. Her persona is just all over the place. Not that I'm complaining as it just makes her hotter but it wasn't needed and kinda out of left field.

joined Jan 21, 2020

I thought the exact same with this part. as Mitsuki clearly doesn't like people and seems to try and be by herself and not noticed why are they now making her a sporty type person as well. Her persona is just all over the place. Not that I'm complaining as it just makes her hotter but it wasn't needed and kinda out of left field.

Idk i dont get this take, people arent just story tropes, theres plenty of people out there that are not very social but still sporty lol.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

appropriately named chapter: come on, just face her!!!!!

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Idk i dont get this take, people arent just story tropes, theres plenty of people out there that are not very social but still sporty lol.

I wasn't really saying this because of story tropes, but because of my experience in school. From my own classmates, the more reserved ones, almost always didn't participate much in sports. And for Mitsuki in particular it seems a bit weird to me, since—as far as we know at least—she seems more interested in music, so I can't really imagine her to have been involved with sports outside of school either. Besides, the manga itself has no problem relying tropes and personality "types", so even from that perspective, I find the sporty thing to be a bit of a weird choice on the author's part.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Y'all know that Mitsuki could be doing terrible at the basketball match and was most likely forced to play and Jerkface's "she's so athletic" comment was just to startle Aya who was spacing out while looking at her, right???

Also, the black nail polish some people commented on is from her black-haired friend.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I wasn't really saying this because of story tropes, but because of my experience in school. From my own classmates, the more reserved ones, almost always didn't participate much in sports. And for Mitsuki in particular it seems a bit weird to me, since—as far as we know at least—she seems more interested in music, so I can't really imagine her to have been involved with sports outside of school either. Besides, the manga itself has no problem relying tropes and personality "types", so even from that perspective, I find the sporty thing to be a bit of a weird choice on the author's part.

Guess what activity pairs well with music

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Where is the ppl that disliked Jerkface now HUH!? WHERE!? WHO IS THE JERK NOW!!!

Posted earlier;

"Why can you tell it to that guy and not to me?" - Aya
"Because she doesn't give a rat's @ss about what Jerkface thinks." - Me

When Aya was walking away with the pouty face, Jerkface saw her from the doorway I think. If Jerkface stays on this course he will earn an upgrade to 'Dude'/classmate in my mind. This chapter has improved his standing quite a bit just by being a normal person and not acting like a jerk like in chapters past. I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

He's not fully forgiven, just put his execution on hold pending further review of his rehabilitation.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Y'all know that Mitsuki could be doing terrible at the basketball match and was most likely forced to play and Jerkface's "she's so athletic" comment was just to startle Aya who was spacing out while looking at her, right???

I don't think so... A non-athletic person can't just jump in and stop a stray ball from hitting someone.

You mean lying in bed?
I'm kidding, that's a fair point. Though I still find it to be a bit over the top for the reason I stated in the beginning: Mitsuki is clearly intented to appear as cool to the audience (and it's definitely working), but I don't see any reason to add this.

joined Jan 10, 2022

Also, the black nail polish some people commented on is from her black-haired friend.

Your right, good eyes!((⁠ ⁠╹⁠▽⁠╹⁠ ⁠)

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

As far as I care, Mitsuki being mildly athletic for a single scene can be justified by having a job stocking products as one of two people for a whole store. All she has is her usual attitude when she gets a bit serious, a little muscle, a thin build, and enough coordination to dribble. She's no mary sue.

And Mitsuki missed the shot so "Oh wow, she's really athletic!" seemed more like the guy pointing out Aya looks at Mitsuki like she's a dreamy hunk than Mitsuki actually being like an athlete.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

One might even say that Mitsuki had her head in the game

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i'm really enjoying this development
and i love them

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

what do you mean we are entering the angst arc ;_;

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

So many people are willing to give Jerkface another chance one he said he'd keep his mouth shut, but he confirmed his jerkface status when he realized that Aya was into Mitsuki/Shop Clerk and his first inclination was to suggest that he could join in with them in their relations. I understand that impulse to want to watch/join/admire two (or more) attractive women enjoy each other's company, but to suggest that, out loud, to her face, in public (since she was at work), was a true jerkface move. It totally cemented his status as sleaze in my mind.

Yep I'm worried about this as well. I try and give people the benefit of doubt and give others a second chance but the first thing I thought of is he's gonna attempt to blackmail her eventually. Hoping he's not as much of a jerkface as it's lead onto believe though. But I def foresee some kind of blackmail in the future.

Riiiiiight bc Boys and Girls cant be friends or that a boy cant be friends with 2 girls without having "threesome" reasons in mind right? Thats bs

No, guys and girls (of any age group/gap) CAN be friends without any of the physical aspects. It wasn't my intention to say that can't happen. My reading of that character and his intentions, based on his behavior and introduction, gives me reason to doubt his sincerity for any kind of friendship that doesn't involve the physical aspects. It's been my own experience that anyone who would try to manipulate people based on their own outer attractiveness (his introduction), isn't too far away from taking that next step down 'that' path. (Not trying to be mysterious or obtuse, I'm trying to not be crass or straight up obscene).

I think he's just a bit of a narcissist. I don't think there's anything romantic or malicious involved, he just thinks each of them is individually super cool and subconsciously thinks he can raise his status by hanging out with these two really cool girls.

At least that's how it reads to me. He needs a humbling, but at the moment at least he's not actively bad.

It's a bit of both.

In lieu of a name, Jerkface makes clear in Chapter 13 that he approaches girls as a manipulator and is used to, "wrap a girl around my finger" (Chapter 12 pg 1 and 4). Even if the approach is non-sexual, he still expects girls to fulfill some personal service to him at their expense.

In his request to be "part of the fun" in a female only relationship, he prefaces his interest in Mitsuki's physical appearance as "hot" and masculine. Though his compliment offends, his attempt was to manipulate through flattery and a sense of "comrades among men" to get Mitsuki to "allow" him access to a close relationship between girls he is otherwise not privy to (Chapter 15 page 2)

His expectation may not be sexual per say (it's also best not to confuse romantic with sexual), but he is still using manipulation to use a relationship between girls for his own self-fulfillment. What he wasn't expecting was girls telling him no nor confronting him.

However, even in the confrontation he still manages to find self-fulfillment. There is nothing explicit sexual, but sexual isn't the only form of bodily and or psychological self-fulfillment. It's most often about having control. Otherwise, it's not friendship he's after and his actions remain in line with the sexual "lesbians are hot, let me join in" even if sex isn't the desire fulfillment looked for.

Is he irredeemable? No, not in general. But he's a jerk for sure and he may be irredeemable to others he may have hurt before.

I think it's a good time to bring up this ridiculous diatribe written against that side character dude for absolutely no reason

To reply you must either login or sign up.