Forum › There's a Ghost behind that Gyaru discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

By the way for anyone who doesn’t know, in Japan (and generally in east asia) the number 4 is associated with death and sometimes considered an unlucky number, similar to how 666 or 13 are sometimes considered unlucky in the US. So Reiko getting 444.444 on the punching machine is very fitting for a ghost.

I wonder how the more superspicious of Japanese people would react to Elvis Costello's "She"?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

By the way for anyone who doesn’t know, in Japan (and generally in east asia) the number 4 is associated with death and sometimes considered an unlucky number, similar to how 666 or 13 are sometimes considered unlucky in the US. So Reiko getting 444.444 on the punching machine is very fitting for a ghost.

Very nice catch, I didn't think of it when I saw the number. 4's association with death is also why Hololive's Mori Calliope (Grim Reaper Vtuber) has her birthday as 4/4 and her favorite number is 4.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'm choosing to interpret this blush as gayly as possible

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Considering what we've seen couldn't she have stuck her arm in and dragged one of the plushes to the win chute?

Granted they needed to not do that so ms Temple could win the plush to apologize but still

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The grudge is strong in that one...

Although Hikari looks like she's going to (try to) get it for her anyway - especially seeing how she's not seen in the last couple of pages. I guess we'll find out next time.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Considering what we've seen couldn't she have stuck her arm in and dragged one of the plushes to the win chute?

Granted they needed to not do that so ms Temple could win the plush to apologize but still

Reiko wouldn't do that, since she's a good girl/ghost.

joined Sep 6, 2020

Tfw you live at n 4 in the apartment n 13 at the 4th floor.
Guess I'm not going to have many international guests over for dinner any time soon.

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

My only hope is that this isn't one if those stories where the adorable ghost eventually has to pass on for real and gets sad. I don't wanna cry. Either way, this is a very cute manga

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hikari, get that plushie for Reiko this instant.
If you don't and Reiko ends up all plushie-less and sad, I'm not gonna forgive you.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

¿Lo qué? ¿Quieren ir a buscar una boba? (꒪ȏ꒪)
Debe ser para seducirla y llevarla a un hotel... si es boba, se dejará seducir más fácil...

In the inmortal words of Marcos Mundstock and Daniel Rabinovitch, "Fornicando a tontas y a locas... esas, esas son las más fáciles"

Jejeje, sólo hoy, diez días después, leí tu respuesta. Sorry... [¬_¬]
I laughed a lot. It's the perfect quote for the occasion. And I'm also a fan of Les Luthiers! (⌒‿⌒)

joined Jan 5, 2018

she is so cute and getting that ghost that prize was so sweet and kind

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

She's cute indeed.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Yep. That is "our" girl. Get it together dumbass.

joined Oct 11, 2019

This is the greatest series in existence, I can't handle how sweet it is

12%20weird%20themed%20restaurants%20in%20tokyo,%20japan
joined Mar 4, 2021

ghost girl: adopted

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As expected, she did it! ^_^

And Reiko is adorable indeed.

last edited at Jun 20, 2021 10:35AM

joined Sep 28, 2017

Oh I love this! The ghost is just so cute! Looking forward for more chapters, even if there is no yuri here (although I keep my hopes for it)

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I am healed by ghost gyaru interactions

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think I read something similar about a girl that could see entities from the other side. The art was a bit more "mature" tho.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/116790/Mieruko-chan this? Much more a horror though.

Mieruko-chan is comedy. You just need to look at it with the right kind of eyes.

It is great, though. I could even see it going down the yuri route. There are already hints of subtext.

last edited at Jun 20, 2021 7:35PM

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

That last chapter made my lil heart warm.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That last chapter made my lil heart warm.

Is Lil Heart the new popular rapper or something?

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwwww.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

"Your girl" eh? Remember sharing your ghost girlfriend is caring or something :P

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Reiko hugging that plushie warms my soul.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

¿Lo qué? ¿Quieren ir a buscar una boba? (꒪ȏ꒪)
Debe ser para seducirla y llevarla a un hotel... si es boba, se dejará seducir más fácil...

In the inmortal words of Marcos Mundstock and Daniel Rabinovitch, "Fornicando a tontas y a locas... esas, esas son las más fáciles"

Jejeje, sólo hoy, diez días después, leí tu respuesta. Sorry... [¬_¬]
I laughed a lot. It's the perfect quote for the occasion. And I'm also a fan of Les Luthiers! (⌒‿⌒)

Oh? I'm not the only one around, then. Nice reference!

To reply you must either login or sign up.