Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

AWW YEAH!

The completely plastered college silly girls are back!

And all those feelings are slowly filling up their glasses,they're either half-full or half-empty,unable to decide which is which.

Also,modern and post modern mainstream art is nothing but a sham used by rich people to launder money around in order to avoid paying taxes,what you find online made by either humans or AI programs is where the real art is at.

Mushy college girl feelings whilst completely crunked is far better art then...whatever nonsense this is...

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

I feel like I need to do a reread of this series, the infrequent releases have made my understanding of the plot hazy at best. All I know is these bitches gay and can enjoy a fine wine.

Please no one have annoying arguments about art btw

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I feel like I need to do a reread of this series, the infrequent releases have made my understanding of the plot hazy at best. All I know is these bitches gay and can enjoy a fine wine.

Sounds like you have a perfect understanding of the plot.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

The art is so pleasing and the angst is soft yet distinct.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Date a university student is so confy

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Same thoughts and I went straight here to read myself some spoilers to gauge the story thus far.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I more or less get what direction that conversation between Jin-Ran and the senpai went but I'm still so confused. How did it jump around so much like that and still stay on the same few pages?

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I more or less get what direction that conversation between Jin-Ran and the senpai went but I'm still so confused. How did it jump around so much like that and still stay on the same few pages?

Because drunk, but also because, until the end, senpai was trying to avoid the topic of Jin-Ran liking her. It's a scary situation, as she explained.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

OH BABY!

Destroying lungs and livers,oozing alcholic and art knowledge,but also movie and TV series buffs?

AND M*A*S*H TOO?!

This comic continues to deliver,especially with strong progress.

Now explore those high seas together!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"Do you want to go to sea with me"

Ten out of ten pick up line. Honestly no way you could turn her down at that point.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

These Japanese college girls know more about American movie history than most Americans do.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Those gals are quite urbane. Most attractive.

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

Because drunk, but also because, until the end, senpai was trying to avoid the topic of Jin-Ran liking her. It's a scary situation, as she explained.

Another factor was the server coming with their drinks—an easy excuse to change the topic to something less personal. 10/10 chapter here imo.
They both talk around how they just had an exchange of feelings, Jin-Ran happy to play along with her senpai. Eventually it's Gujou who can't handle the "storm," the unspoken tension, and drops the game mid-sentence to say just that. Jin-Ran, further showing how she's genuinely happy to be with Gujou, responds by pointing back to the art discussion in her response. Jin-Ran is also metaphorically going out to sea, she's only accepted it sooner than Gujou.
An important display of this is how she didn't immediately answer Gujou's question she stalled a little. I'm pretty sure they both knew why Gujou was asking the question, and both knew what Jin-Ran would answer, but there's still nervousness. For Gujou, she's worried about not knowing what to do even if "the piece is right in front of [her]." Meanwhile, Jin-Ran is worried about reciprocation as evidenced by what she says at the art museum "I hope that you'll come to think the same too." The final line of the chapter is also phrased as a question, "are you ready/do you want to go out?" not "we should go out" or "please go out with me."
It was a little hard to decipher at first, but their entire scene at the museum is about love. Gujou's crush on Ibuki and the growing relationship between her and Jin-Ran. Ultimately, I think Jin-Ran is very right. There is no right way to love or fall in love; if you enjoy being with someone, isn't that good?

Some people may not enjoy the very subtextual nature of this manga, but I'm here for it.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

The subtext flew over my head this chapter; I thought they were just having a cute drinky winky sesh with their friend over video call.

joined Jul 26, 2023

The subtext flew over my head this chapter; I thought they were just having a cute drinky winky sesh with their friend over video call.

pls explain.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

That J-Scent Hanamizake perfume costs about 100 Dollar a bottle.

Yeah, that had better smell like bliss, fo' sho'!

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 12:06PM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

That J-Scent Hanamizake perfume costs about 100 Dollar a bottle.

Yeah, thta had better smell like bliss, fo' sho'!

Not too bad for a name brand! I kind of want to smell it now too lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Y'all are gonna laugh at me: I hadn't realized until now that Ibuki and Botan were a butch x femme couple. The hints were there all along, tho. Silly me.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Y'all are gonna laugh at me: I hadn't realized until now that Ibuki and Botan were a butch x femme couple. The hints were there all along, tho. Silly me.

??? It's too subtle for the likes of me to pick up on

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I never in my life would have imagined I'd find a reference to a Gabriel Garcia Marquez book in a Yuri manga.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Also,modern and post modern mainstream art is nothing but a sham used by rich people to launder money around in order to avoid paying taxes,what you find online made by either humans or AI programs is where the real art is at.

I was going to recommend you a few really cool contemporary artists, like Theo Jansen, to show that there's a lot of really creative stuff out there, even in mainstream...

But then you go and call AI "the real art" and I figured I gain nothing from this conversation.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

But then you go and call AI "the real art" and I figured I gain nothing from this conversation.

Yeah, AI art being described as "the real art" has gotta be one of the funniest oxymorons I've seen in a while.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Thr short hair lady remember that one from rent a girlfriend, lol

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I have absolutely no idea what they talked about throughout the whole chapter. But that conversation seemed to make them happy and comfortable with each other, and the confession was cute. I don't need to understand more for it to put me in a good mood.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ah yes, Rosemary's Baby. The Bible Black of film studies

To reply you must either login or sign up.