Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Gay people: It's none of your business what two consenting adults do in private together. We have the freedom to live how we want. Love wins!

siblings love each other

Gay people: wait no not like that

don't normally comment on this subject anymore but was pretty sad to see the tl afterword

How does homosexuality equate or compare to incest? You and your last brain cell need to reevaluate things before one of you decides to make a comment on a public forum.

Also I feel like the hooded “guy” is a girl. Maybe a classmate <.<

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Well this got really convoluted all of a sudden...
Ignoring the thing that grabbed everyone's attention, what is even Claire talking about at the end? I get being sad for not treating her maid better but how does it imply that them being arrested is her fault? :P
Also, why have some complicated plan of blackmailing this guy so he releases a monster, when the bad guy clearly can enter the academy like he owns the place, and can presumably release the monster by himself? (Although I get that there may be reasons for that that haven't been stated yet).

Edit: also I'm fucking blind, I only noticed on the second reread that Lene holds up the knife to Claire, I was wondering why was she even arrested at the end

so the reason why Claire feels like this is her fault is probably because she thinks that if she had treated Lene better then the siblings would never have become desperate enough to make the deal where they cause unrest on purpose so they can leave and go live somewhere on their own (which like personally, maybe they shouldn't be in a relationship with their own siblings, but that's beside the point for this situation)

Also I'd wager the masked person made this deal rather than doing anything themselves because they were setting the siblings up for failure, they probably figured that whoever would cause the unrest would be found and arrested eventually so rather than doing it themselves or using any of their real agents (who they presumably have) they finds some kids who are in an incestuous relationship and manipulates them into taking a bad deal out of desperation

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 1:28PM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I really shouldn’t read this cause the changes from the novel always upset me. Also this chapter was ludicrously fast paced. Cool Dorothea cameo tho.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I kinda don't like this whole rebellion thing being caused by some random third party and not, y'know, an organic result of a genuine class conscious taking form.

The manga is more focused and doesn't have a lot of Rei's commentary on the social state of the kingdom, but the light novel, even at this point in the story, makes it pretty clear that it's a popular movement that's driving these events even if some groups are taking advantage of it. This isn't a case of the villain creating unrest so much as taking advantage of social changes that are already happening, though to get into more specifics, obviously, would involve some story spoilers.

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

Mans really did all this to fuck his sister lmaoooooooooo

joined May 9, 2017

I would like to start reading the novels soon. Could somebody tell me where we are regarding the novels? The manga is currently adapting the second volume?

I would like to read them from the start, but I'm still curious to know where we are regarding the manga adaptation!

The manga is about to finish the first volume of the Light Novel (which covers the first three arcs of the Web Novel).

Thanks a lot! I wasn't aware they were two different version of the novel. I'll check that out.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

so the reason why Claire feels like this is her fault is probably because she thinks that if she had treated Lene better then the siblings would never have become desperate enough to make the deal where they cause unrest on purpose so they can leave and go live somewhere on their own

It's not like they want to leave because Lene's fed up with being her maid, I think it's pretty clear there's another obvious problem that wouldn't be resolved even if Claire was the nicest person in the world to Lene. I get that people sometimes can't help but blame themselves for a chain of events they triggered that they couldn't possibly predict, but I don't even see the chain here.

EDIT: and Claire does know the siblings' motivation because the hooded guy clearly explains it after she stopped being unconscious (I guess the reaction would make some sense if she didn't hear any of that and all she knew is that they betrayed her for an unknown reason).

Also I'd wager the masked person made this deal rather than doing anything themselves because they were setting the siblings up for failure, they probably figured that whoever would cause the unrest would be found and arrested eventually so rather than doing it themselves or using any of their real agents (who they presumably have) they finds some kids who are in an incestuous relationship and manipulates them into taking a bad deal out of desperation

It really gives off the vibes of a needlessly complicated masterplan that mostly serves some story purpose but isn't actually practical, but eh I guess I can turn off my brain and overlook it.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 1:53PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow things are really changing now. Thought this was just going to stay contained to school things like other villainess stories. I am quite curious if the princes will start looking into Rei after her being able to heal the prince.

With the incest I am geniuenly quite shocked at how I have seen quite a lot of people disgusted and shocked by it. I'll be honest, I am probably just really desensitize to it after having read lot of trashy manga, so while I don't like the idea of incest, I was just surprised that it was the reason for him being behind what has happened. I am wondering what will happen to the maid after this and how much further into the brother and sisters relationship this series will go.

Thanks for translating another chapter and take your time with them.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 6:27PM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

With the incest I am geniuenly quite shcoked at how I have seen quite a lot of people disgusted and shocked by it. I'll be honest, I am probably just really desensitize to it after having read lot of trashy manga

Heck have you been reading? I've read manga for the most of three decades and nothing really comes to mind.

Unless you are talking about hentai, I don't read that.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 2:41PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

With the incest I am geniuenly quite shcoked at how I have seen quite a lot of people disgusted and shocked by it. I'll be honest, I am probably just really desensitize to it after having read lot of trashy manga

Heck have you been reading? I've read manga for the most of three decades and nothing really comes to mind.

Unless you are talking about hentai, I don't read that.

incest or incest as a joke is surprisingly common in manga, have you ever seen a siscon or brothercon character that's meant to be incestuous, not that it makes it any better but it really does show up a lot, though to be fair it is also mostly a symptom of bad manga so you could just have been reading exclusively good material and managed to stay clear of the garbage

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 2:52PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I knew they probably wouldn't remove the incest subplot, but I was at least hoping they'd, uh, adjust Rei's line equating homosexuality's forbidden-ness to incest.
Even if it may technically be true in the specific world they're in, it just feels like it didn't really need to be there, or at the very least didn't need to be said by someone who so strongly believes that homosexuality shouldn't be seen as wrong, y'know?
Anyway, at least this particular "plot point" gets out of the way pretty quickly and doesn't hold too much bearing on the rest of the actual plot.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Short haired Thane ...... Kinda....

SeraphimofYuri
Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Oh come on, I like Lene, why did you do that to her? The Prince was the bad guy, why'd they arrest her? Holding a knife in duress?

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 4:23AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

incest or incest as a joke is surprisingly common in manga, have you ever seen a siscon or brothercon character that's meant to be incestuous, not that it makes it any better but it really does show up a lot, though to be fair it is also mostly a symptom of bad manga so you could just have been reading exclusively good material and managed to stay clear of the garbage

Only really seen it on non-blood related context (Played for laughs or not), so maibe that's it.

Either way I'll just shrug my shoulders at it like I do with yuri incest.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I knew they probably wouldn't remove the incest subplot, but I was at least hoping they'd, uh, adjust Rei's line equating homosexuality's forbidden-ness to incest.
Even if it may technically be true in the specific world they're in, it just feels like it didn't really need to be there, or at the very least didn't need to be said by someone who so strongly believes that homosexuality shouldn't be seen as wrong, y'know?

I mean, it was compared to homosexuality by Rei because the series very specifically thinks that, like homosexuality, incest shouldn't be seen as wrong. The series is pretty clear about that I think what with both Lene/Lambert and Rei/Claire both getting their happy married endings
So, it did need to be said by Rei for the message to work

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ huh

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

yeah dorothea is kinda hot. also the only adult woman in this series

speaking of wincest.. rei does mention how one of the possible revo lily routes is philine (daughter) x dorothea (mama). that route happening in the novel would be nice

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 4:07PM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Thanks a lot! I wasn't aware they were two different version of the novel. I'll check that out.

Some more info. There’s a total of 5 light novel volumes, 4 volumes have been officially translated into English. However, the web novel is complete and the fan translation is accessible for free (with inori’s permission). I’ve read both versions and they’re not particularly different, the web novel just feels more episodic. Plus the web version has some extra sex chapters while the light novel omits it

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Always happy for another chapter of this, though I am really not looking forward to the Manaria arc, screw that character

Regarding the entire incest thing, from what I know, incest isn't as big of a taboo in Japan as in the West. It is, of course still not normal but not as strictly condemned as over here, so maybe Inori has a different attitude because of that?

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

stupid plotline lol

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

I kinda don't like this whole rebellion thing being caused by some random third party and not, y'know, an organic result of a genuine class conscious taking form.

don't look up what happened in russia from 1917 to 1922

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 4:31PM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

quick question to the people that now upcoming stuff.
Is this plot going more in the political-drama kinda direction and less in the school-life direction? would be good to know so I can stop if thats the case. Really liked the story but not soooo fond of this direction.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Regarding the entire incest thing, from what I know, incest isn't as big of a taboo in Japan as in the West. It is, of course still not normal but not as strictly condemned as over here, so maybe Inori has a different attitude because of that?

I should note that yes it is a taboo in Japan...but annoying, this is a major issue with Japan and their "Purity" thing. If you have seen series were people who are cousins or sibling-in-law hook up, I think that's them trying to have their cake and eat it as well.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Gotta save the wincest so you can get the princess!

To reply you must either login or sign up.