Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If your heart is pounding like that, you really should "get it" as well. Well, should be there soon.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I hope the Mom Event causes minimal damage...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It seems to me honey like you're in love and have been for some time

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Asahi out here doing a drive by inviting herself to stay with Hinako

"I want to stay over sometime" RUNS AT THE SPEED OF GAY AWAY

Nice to see we have another chapter of these two are in love with each other yet 100% useless lesbians and an idiot couple.

I'm pretty sure the middle bit is an r/brandnewsentence

joined May 9, 2017

I don't see a afterwords page, this isn't the last chapter right?, Please tell me it isn't

Not, but it's the last volume. There are 3 chapters left.

joined May 1, 2015

The mother chapter huh.
I Don't think she will be a villain. Instead, after seing how happy her daughter is, she changes her mind.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

That Joseph Joestar-ass run lmao

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So. I get jealous and depressed when I see this girl talking to someone who might conceivably represent a potential romantic interest. She makes my heart pound and makes me get all blushy. I love being around her. I can't stop thinking about her. But I worry that I can't give her this "love" thing that I just don't experience!

. . . um . . . Should I tell her or will you?

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 12:55PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Hinakos mom be like “I know what you are”

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 3:01PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

So. I get jealous and depressed when I see this girl talking to someone who might conceivably represent a potential romantic interest. She makes my heart pound and makes me get all blushy. I love being around her. I can't stop thinking about her. But I worry that I can't give her this "love" thing that I just don't experience!

. . . um . . . Should I tell her or will you?

Yeah, Asahi is getting too caught up on words. I like how Fuuka calls her out on it near the end of the chapter. Asahi's afraid because she thinks what she experiences isn't what other people experience and doesn't know how to determine whether or not that is true. As an autistic person, I understand that a lot. It's something I've spent a lot of time thinking about.

The conclusion I came to is something like this: ultimately, words are what we make them, and one person can never know if their sensation or feeling is exactly equivalent to another person's. You define yourself and your feelings as best as you can at the time, and if those definitions have to change for you as your understanding evolves or as your feelings themselves change, then so be it. That's a risk you take, not just in love but in life itself.

last edited at Oct 11, 2022 6:37PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I like how Fuuka calls her out on it near the end of the chapter.

Yeah, she definitely gets the best wingwoman award in my books. At this point I'm starting to think if her whole idea of doing a date with Asahi was intended for these two to get together rather than for Fuuka to get herself a closure. Or she's so killing two birds with one stone.

Asahi's afraid because she thinks what she experiences isn't what other people experience and doesn't know how to determine whether or not that is true. As an autistic person, I understand that a lot. It's something I've spent a lot of time thinking about.

Interesting perspective. To me it feels like Asahi is not willing to commit to (and/or admit) her own feelings because she'd then somehow betray her sister. But in reality it's probably multiple factors at play.

joined Aug 26, 2022

This is great

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

What is love?
Oh, baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me
No More
What is love?
Yeah

Oh, I don't know, what can I do?
What else can I say? It's up to you
I know we're one, just me and you
I can't go on

In need you forever, is it love?

Haddaway - What is Love?

last edited at Oct 14, 2022 3:04PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So what is really love in the end?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

So what is really love in the end?

They outright said it's a doughnut, I don't think any more explanations are needed

joined Aug 1, 2022

The mom arc is so sweet. Im happy they came to am understanding and a good solution!

joined Oct 18, 2022

2 new chapters, with only one more to go!
I was so impatient for this one that I eventually got it in Japanese via Bookwalker (I’ve been studying Japanese for a couple of years). I love these characters. There are still subtleties I’m missing that translation will be helpful with, but I can say that the mangaka did not disappoint.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Ahh two chapters spoil us more thank you! Little Hinako at the store staring at the packaged foods was easily the most adorable thing ever haha.

I'm glad she told her mom she loves Satou with one chapter left all we have to do is bring them together so they actually confess their feelings and don't give no stupid metaphor about crescent moons and crap like they did a few chapters ago when they easily had the chance to tell each other how they felt.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

I might actually cry TvT
I love how Hinako stand up for herself Wish things would be this smooth irl
I believe it's one more chapter to go right?

joined May 1, 2015

I was right about Hinako's mum. She is an amazing woman who loves her daughter and just wants to see her happy.
It is truly unfortunate that she spent a great part of her life in a loveless marriage.

Oip%20(2)
joined Nov 8, 2021

Feeling sad that we only have one chapter left.

joined Dec 13, 2018

mom went through a whole-ass character arc in about thirty minutes sitting alone in that apartment

joined Apr 20, 2021

That was an absolute speed run of her mom accepting her... That is somethins some manga's would take 10 chapters lol

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

This series always manages to make use of old clichés and turn them into fresh ideas.
The mom asking those things isn't new, it is Japan after all, but how it was then turned around to show how "just to get married" isn't the happy end most stories paint it to be.

Not to mention, this is the first time I remember where a child actually offers to help their parent, like, why is it so rare to return the afection?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This series always manages to make use of old clichés and turn them into fresh ideas.
The mom asking those things isn't new, it is Japan after all, but how it was then turned around to show how "just to get married" isn't the happy end most stories paint it to be.

Not to mention, this is the first time I remember where a child actually offers to help their parent, like, why is it so rare to return the afection?

I think the other unique thing is the mom admitting to her unhappiness. Most parents hide that from their children so it's hard to reciprocate and offer help.

To reply you must either login or sign up.