Forum › The Blue Star on That Day (Ano Koro no Aoi Hoshi) discussion

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Ah so that ending... After the entire chapter here is either going to be really sweet or sad..

Sweet as in as the chapter went on Shou saw how people were fake friends or how they were treating Umi around here or how Shou basically tried to run from Umi because her friends made comments about her being clingy etc... HOPEFULLY She will stress how much Umi means to her and we finally get some smoochy smoochy Umi hasn't been as desperate for that lately so that's bound to come back around.

OR the sad depressing part of her wanting to tell Umi to leave her alone because she doesn't want her friends to shun her for hanging around her and she doesn't want to get hurt because she thinks Umi will leave her in the future... Boi if Shou hurts precious I will be so upset. Umi is like the sweetest character ever created and she really does seem to care for/love Shou.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Aw man don't let the girls be sad. :(

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Fuck that's painful aaaaaaaaa

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

i hope it's a fakeout and somebody will show up in the end after all, even if it's just bench senpai

joined Mar 24, 2021

What a sad chapter, the author really knows how to pull at heart strings. On a side note, I feel like this is the first teacher I’ve seen in a manga that actually comforts a student about not passing the grade.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

This reminds me of Computer Club, back in middle school. Everyone was fine, goofing off and plsying games, but the minute we wanted to create a presentation for the open house. THen everybody disappeared. F@CKING PTSD!!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Eggsnrice posted:

What a sad chapter, the author really knows how to pull at heart strings. On a side note, I feel like this is the first teacher I’ve seen in a manga that actually comforts a student about not passing the grade.

And not just your average delinquent girl/boy but someone much kinder that just couldn't handle the social pressure, that's more relatable to me...

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Reading the comments about the black hair girl's friends and actually reading the story is interesting, It has such a gap of perception between both of it. To me, the friends just behave as average teenagers, the point is that blond girl has some psychological/social issues, which agravate a little the situation. That's it.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I wonder about the student the teacher told them not to invite. o_O

Also, if the last page is the party, where's the teacher?

joined Apr 16, 2022

God, this manga is so good. While I do hope at least Inotani shows up, it's probably more realistic that no one does.

Reading the comments about the black hair girl's friends and actually reading the story is interesting, It has such a gap of perception between both of it. To me, the friends just behave as average teenagers, the point is that blond girl has some psychological/social issues, which agravate a little the situation. That's it.

Plus, Umi really is being excessively clingy this chapter, presumably due to feeling guilty for not having seen Shou's exhibit. Really, the only friend of Umi's that's ever been really hostile to Shou is Ibu, and that's clearly because she's jealous. The rest just feel awkward because they don't know how to interact with Shou.

I wonder about the student the teacher told them not to invite. o_O

That was the girl the teacher was comforting about having to repeat a year. Obviously she can't go to a farewell party if she's not actually graduating.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Depressing as fuck

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Regardless, I feel like this chapter really uh... Left me behind. Was any of this mentioned before and I just forgot? It all just felt "out of nowhere".

I re-read chapter 12-13 now, and I don't see any issues. The third years who stopped attending the Aquarium club haven't been mentioned before chapter 14, I think.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The third years who stopped attending the Aquarium club haven't been mentioned before chapter 14, I think.

Chapter 6.5

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Man, this chapter is just bringing back old memories, and not in a good way :(

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I still have a bit of anxiety from Umi not seeing the exhibit Shou worked so hard on. I need closure.

last edited at Jan 8, 2023 11:38PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I predict closure no later than Jan 29.

joined Jan 12, 2023

I really like this story… very comfortable and interesting. Really waiting for new chapters ! New facts about the ocean world are the best.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Getting Umineko flashbacks...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

aaaaa fuck they're so cute

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Beautiful. ^_^

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yayyyyy! Finally their first kiss. Now let's see how hard it is for Umi to keep it in her pants. (I'm gonna say it's gonna be very hard as it already has been recently).

What a wholesome sweet chapter! So glad she hopefully put some of Shou's worries at ease telling her she loves doing stuff for her and likes that she depends on her.

This series is so chill and honestly one of my favorites I'm so glad updates are coming out more often for this one now and it's not once every like six months.

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Save the date, best day ever

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Getting Umineko flashbacks...

The seagulls are crying again

joined Jun 11, 2021

that was so sweet. every new chapter further cements this as one of my all time favorites.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Identifying seagulls is genuinely pretty difficult - most of them take several years to reach their adult coloration and many species overlap in range and habits.

To reply you must either login or sign up.