Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

The "little girl" is literally a two faced b*ch... nice analogy with the mask there.

joined Mar 20, 2022

They are literally Lord 2.0: Lord's Legion - Shio-chans. They even behave live Lord and minions did before Uthena happened. So, basically, Shio-chans = the magical girls version of Lord's Legion, and just like Uthena did for Lord, Sayo is gonna rebel against Shio. Well, they did raise a whole bunch of flags for their own defeat...

Anyway, Vena's words about berserk Uthena being a defenseless clump of magic make sense so I am even more excited about her mastering her newfound power.

joined Aug 21, 2017

So the Shiochans represent unhealthy relationships somewhat, right? Like Berserga being extremely possessive.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

They are literally Lord 2.0: Lord's Legion - Shio-chans. They even behave live Lord and minions did before Uthena happened. So, basically, Shio-chans = the magical girls version of Lord's Legion, and just like Uthena did for Lord, Sayo is gonna rebel against Shio. Well, they did raise a whole bunch of flags for their own defeat...

Anyway, Vena's words about berserk Uthena being a defenseless clump of magic make sense so I am even more excited about her mastering her newfound power.

Same same but kinda different. Lord have controlling tendency, and pretty extreme about allies or foes, the "if you are not with me you're against me and therefore must be destroyed" kind which unsurprisingly upset many of her members

While Shion's group are like the corrupted version of Trans Magia (aka bat shit crazy). They want to defeat the evil not for justice, but for vengeance (my guess). Basically "get out of the way, noobs" kind of group

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Did people really think this was reaching a natural conclusion? It is too soon with this many characters.

On a brighter note, Azul is a badass and just needs a few nights in Mistress Baiser's Chamber to reach Super Magical Girl 3

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... shouldn't everyone be super-suspicious about their mascots now? ^^; dunno, guess I got the re-read the events of the last few chapters again, but seemed to me like it was pretty out in the open by now.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

... shouldn't everyone be super-suspicious about their mascots now? ^^; dunno, guess I got the re-read the events of the last few chapters again, but seemed to me like it was pretty out in the open by now.

You say that like we haven't been suspicious for like the last 37 chapters. We live in a post-Madoka world, this has stank from the start. orz

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

You say that like we haven't been suspicious for like the last 37 chapters. We live in a post-Madoka world, this has stank from the start. orz

I'm not talking about us readers, I'm talking about the characters ^^;

joined Oct 5, 2017

Can't wait for Baiser to crush that smug kusogaki down a dozen pegs or so, it takes a special level of asshole to show up with a cheap-shot at the end of someone else's fight then act like you're the biggest dick in the room.

What's got me curious is, if neither the good mascot nor the evil mascot scouted the new girls, is there a third faction mascot somewhere? The good mascot says she scouted one of the new girls ages ago, but I don't imagine they would've just lost track of a magical girl who was given a transformation unless something extraordinary happened to them. I guess it's implied she was thought to be one of the magical girls killed during the last Enormeeta boss' hunts?

That still leaves the mystery of the other two though, they don't seem to have been empowered by either of the known factions.

Maybe one of the new girls has a revival ability and brought the other two back from death to form her own faction of magical girls?

Most importantly though: How do these new girls fit into the BDSM narrative? Baiser is the encouraging dom who pushes her subs to their limits but not too far and genuinely cares for their well being, previous Enormeeta boss was the callous sadist hurting her subs for her own pleasure and not giving a damn about if they could handle it.
What does that make the kusogaki brat?

It could an abused Sub that became an abusive Dom or something of being either/both a Sub or Dom. It the leader seems Sus with the other two wrapped around her finger.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Did people really think this was reaching a natural conclusion? It is too soon with this many characters.

On a brighter note, Azul is a badass and just needs a few nights in Mistress Baiser's Chamber to reach Super Magical Girl 3

In all fairness, out of the cast of 8 main characters, literally only one of them hasn't had a soul-searching journey resulting in self-realizations and the actualization of new powers based on a better understanding of themselves and acceptance of their weaknesses and flaws.
There was only one character left, the third magical girl who looked to be getting some in this very fight.
Then something finally actually happened with Baiser herself and she went berserk, uniting both her own subs and the magical girls against her out of necessity as the "final boss" of the story, who can only be overcome by the collective abilities of the girls she's nurtured.

If that doesn't strike you as "end of story"-feeling then I dunno what would.

It could an abused Sub that became an abusive Dom or something of being either/both a Sub or Dom. It the leader seems Sus with the other two wrapped around her finger.

That could be it!
Lord was a sadistic dom in it for her own satisfaction while Kusogaki might be a former abuse-victim-turned-abuser-dom who's in it out of a sense of "justice" but without really enjoying it.

Baiser is a loving and caring dom who's trying to help her subs feel- and become better.
Lord is a sadistic and callous dom who's just enjoying herself at the expense of her subs.
Kusogaki is a misguided dom who's trying to do the right thing but ultimately doesn't understand what that is due to past traumas, and it comes at the expense of her subs and peers.

This story about lesbian magical bondage girls goes deep, maaaan...

last edited at Apr 19, 2022 11:23AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

In all fairness, out of the cast of 8 main characters, literally only one of them hasn't had a soul-searching journey resulting in self-realizations and the actualization of new powers based on a better understanding of themselves and acceptance of their weaknesses and flaws.
There was only one character left, the third magical girl who looked to be getting some in this very fight.
Then something finally actually happened with Baiser herself and she went berserk, uniting both her own subs and the magical girls against her out of necessity as the "final boss" of the story, who can only be overcome by the collective abilities of the girls she's nurtured.

If that doesn't strike you as "end of story"-feeling then I dunno what would.

That could be it!
Lord was a sadistic dom in it for her own satisfaction while Kusogaki might be a former abuse-victim-turned-abuser-dom who's in it out of a sense of "justice" but without really enjoying it.

Baiser is a loving and caring dom who's trying to help her subs feel- and become better.
Lord is a sadistic and callous dom who's just enjoying herself at the expense of her subs.
Kusogaki is a misguided dom who's trying to do the right thing but ultimately doesn't understand what that is due to past traumas, and it comes at the expense of her subs and peers.

This story about lesbian magical bondage girls goes deep, maaaan...

Well I am not responsible if people dont have imagination alright. There are a million scenarios that can be reached from this point on. Finishing it here would either mean a sudden axe or author burn out. This sand castle isnt close to being finished.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Pyoro posted:

I'm not talking about us readers, I'm talking about the characters ^^;

I think everyone was knocked out when the mascot tried to take Baiser's ....uhhh.... whatever magical flower thing.

Hmmmmmmm as for the new team, I think it's a really bad idea to keep a super powerful yandere around lo/ sounds like it's going to backfire in no time.

I don't think ImitaShion is genuinely just a one dimension egocentric strong girl, considering that the yandere was once a normal magical girl, they might be girls who were defeated once but refused to just give in, like a second awakening? and they probably lost their team too... So they developed that twisted "If you're not strong enough just quit now, because you're not ready for what's to come" well... just a basic take from me.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Well I am not responsible if people dont have imagination alright. There are a million scenarios that can be reached from this point on. Finishing it here would either mean a sudden axe or author burn out. This sand castle isnt close to being finished.

No one said you were? And that's not how writing works.

A story doesn't end because it's exhausted every possible permutation of the scenario, it ends because the core narrative established from the beginning has reached its conclusion and the majority of side-threads have been either wrapped up or reached a point where their continuation doesn't need to be shown.

Baiser has already dom'ed both the magical girls and her own sub(ordinate)s into growing as people, accepting their flaws and weaknesses as parts of themselves and reaching higher levels of power and gayness friendship, the only plot-threads left was to reach a climax in the conflict and show what was up with the mascots this whole time.

Both are threads which were coming to the forefront in this last fight, with Baiser going berserk due to the mascot's ulterior motives. Literally, if the magical girls and bad girls had come together to ultimately defeat Baiser, only made possible thanks to Baiser having nurtured them all into better people in the first place, it would've stopped the mascot's evil plans and finished up every storyline neatly.

The magical girls would have won, the bad girls would've probably buried the hatchet, the evil mascot would've been stopped and Baiser herself would be content having played her role to perfection and probably even survived to become friends with the magical girls as just a normal human again.

So yeah, I can't fault anyone for expecting this encounter to have been the finale. They were literally on the last remaining plot threads.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Might I point out the story still hasn't even scratched the surface of whatever 5D chess game Sister Gigantea is playing, nevermind now the actual context of why the Sussy Plushy Mascots are engaging in all this bullshit song and dance in the first place? Finishing here would have left any number of plot threads hanging loose and just generally had the smell of a hasty wrap-up before the axe drops if anything.

"This is the final battle of ultimate destiny" is basically the paint-by-numbers troper assumption that Utena was making in-universe but I think it should be plentifully apparent by now this series likes nothing so much as playing with such...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Might I point out the story still hasn't even scratched the surface of whatever 5D chess game Sister Gigantea is playing, nevermind now the actual context of why the Sussy Plushy Mascots are engaging in all this bullshit song and dance in the first place? Finishing here would have left any number of plot threads hanging loose and just generally had the smell of a hasty wrap-up before the axe drops if anything.

Sure, but how often do we get a pretty solid or even great manga and then everything gets wrapped up with 3 plug-in chapters (or less even), the bad guys delivering some random speech that explains everything, and whatever is not explained plainly swept under the rug?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Pyoro posted:

Sure, but how often do we get a pretty solid or even great manga and then everything gets wrapped up with 3 plug-in chapters (or less even), the bad guys delivering some random speech that explains everything, and whatever is not explained plainly swept under the rug?

I'm so glad this didn't end like claymore Claymore is a great manga imo, but two of the most anticipated battles ended quickly in favor of showing something new, lacks a lot of glory... and then they say "oh this whole war? this place is merely a playground, the real war is on another lvl at the other side of the sea... but who cares about that! the protagonist's rival is here and that's why we're all here to see, right?"

joined Jul 26, 2016

That would be "the smell of a hasty wrap-up before the axe drops" I was referring to, yes.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

A story doesn't end because it's exhausted every possible permutation of the scenario, it ends because the core narrative established from the beginning has reached its conclusion and the majority of side-threads have been either wrapped up or reached a point where their continuation doesn't need to be shown.

Baiser has already dom'ed both the magical girls and her own sub(ordinate)s into growing as people, accepting their flaws and weaknesses as parts of themselves and reaching higher levels of power and gayness friendship, the only plot-threads left was to reach a climax in the conflict and show what was up with the mascots this whole time.

Both are threads which were coming to the forefront in this last fight, with Baiser going berserk due to the mascot's ulterior motives. Literally, if the magical girls and bad girls had come together to ultimately defeat Baiser, only made possible thanks to Baiser having nurtured them all into better people in the first place, it would've stopped the mascot's evil plans and finished up every storyline neatly.

The magical girls would have won, the bad girls would've probably buried the hatchet, the evil mascot would've been stopped and Baiser herself would be content having played her role to perfection and probably even survived to become friends with the magical girls as just a normal human again.

So yeah, I can't fault anyone for expecting this encounter to have been the finale. They were literally on the last remaining plot threads.

All of this is baseless speculation on your part as we still dont know about the extent of Baiser's powers. And no most of the story threads were not resolved. Girls used their La verita forms for like one or two times after such a long time building them up. If it ended here it would be suppremely unsatisfying. And we still dont knlw shit about mascot characters and their motivations. Baiser and Leopolds relationship,, Alice's new form if any. Frankly anyone who was expecting it to end here wasnt reading properly.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

All of this is baseless speculation on your part as we still dont know about the extent of Baiser's powers. And no most of the story threads were not resolved. Girls used their La verita forms for like one or two times after such a long time building them up. If it ended here it would be suppremely unsatisfying. And we still dont knlw shit about mascot characters and their motivations. Baiser and Leopolds relationship,, Alice's new form if any. Frankly anyone who was expecting it to end here wasnt reading properly.

Honestly, to me, it felt like the end to the first novel in a trilogy. We’ve got the build up to the big boss, some satisfying power ups and development, but lo and behold, all is not what we expected. Time to regroup and push forward. Like getting some big “Eye of the World” vibes (not saying this is remotely similar to WOT, but it did a similar thing with its first book).

I’m not sure if I’m in the minority here but I really want Azul and Baiser together. Or at least more time spent with them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Baiser and Azul teaming up to defeat the Shions is the best case scenario I hope for.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Honestly, to me, it felt like the end to the first novel in a trilogy. We’ve got the build up to the big boss, some satisfying power ups and development, but lo and behold, all is not what we expected. Time to regroup and push forward. Like getting some big “Eye of the World” vibes (not saying this is remotely similar to WOT, but it did a similar thing with its first book).

I’m not sure if I’m in the minority here but I really want Azul and Baiser together. Or at least more time spent with them.

I strongly agree that that this feel like the end of the first novel in a trilogy, or at least end of "Act 1". I don't think the author ever intended the series to end here, and I'm loving the twisty narrative as things are progressing forward. We still have a lot to explore with various plots building in the background, and to see if the powers can grow to even crazier heights from here. So yeah I'm still absolutely loving this series, and I'm excited to see where we go from here.

Chiyo
joined Dec 21, 2021

So then, next chapter will release Day 1-2?

Murasmol5min
joined Mar 11, 2014

next chapter on may 20th
so it's still monthly, but split in two halves for the web version

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

They embraced the kinky stuff at this point.

joined May 1, 2015

Speedy sea cucumber next member confirmed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.