Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I was fine with the first three chapters but this one just felt way too forced. I like that Yashiro is showing up in this version (she kinda grew on me despite being an annoying clam jam) but that was way out of the blue. Moke's just taking advantage of the "no questioning anime/manga logic" rule by throwing her in without even properly introducing Hino. If I hadn't read the other version, I'd have been completely bewildered by Yashiro's sudden appearance, never mind that I wouldn't even know who Hino (who introduces Yashiro) is even though she's been having her cameo moments prior to this chapter.

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

Shimamura, dear girl, release te gaaaaaayyyy...

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I had no idea this was getting an anime, that's great. Also I need one of those T-shirts too.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Unfortunately we don't know yet if it's going to be like a proper series, or just a one-shot or something like that. Hopefully we'll get a full season series

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Unfortunately we don't know yet if it's going to be like a proper series, or just a one-shot or something like that. Hopefully we'll get a full season series

I'm thinking it would be a proper series since there's 8 volumes of the LN that its being pulled from.

I'm just hoping we get a proper scene with Adachi's "WHADASHAA!" (or, "nandabashaa", which is what she said in the original Japanese, apparently). That cracks me up every time.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

On the topic of the anime - slight spoilers for this version of the manga, but I hope they include the song they sang in the karaoke chapter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51CH3dPaWXc) be it as an ending or an insert song in the episode.

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 5:34PM

joined Dec 23, 2017

I’d gotten my hopes up thinking that they omitted the alien ._.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I really do prefer this format rather than the 4koma one, it's so much better to read and follow the story more seriously.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Certainly feels rushed compared to the old version, hopefully it's just pulling a FMAB on us and slows down a bit once it's caught up to where the previous adaptation was axed.

By far the best art of all three versions, though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yup.......still don't like her at all hahaha
Adachi looks so cute in this version even when mad

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

oh boy... this chapter again. just shoo the alien girl

joined May 14, 2015

I’d gotten my hopes up thinking that they omitted the alien ._.

Same... it has been a while since I've disliked a side character in manga this much.

But overall I like this version better, I don't mind the slow burners but I like seeing some development. Even girlfriends that pretty much started as a subtext/shoujo ai at best wasn't as slow as the first version of this manga. There is a difference between slow burn manga and not going anywhere.
At the original's pace we would have a kiss or someone even proclaiming their feelings by the 200th chapter. I'm not the 'so when do they bone?' kind of person but it was supposed to be a romance.
A good example of a slow burn manga that doesn't feel like it's standing still even though it has a slower pace is 'My Unrequited Love'.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Adachi is embodiment of gay panic

joined Sep 28, 2018

oh boy... this chapter again. just shoo the alien girl

Yashiro is there to be paired with Shimamura's imouto

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

come on guys Yashiro is a cutie, she's the one allowing us to see Adachi's cute jealous side, and I also ship her with Shimamura's little sister(after few chapters you'll get what I mean)

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

At first I thought this manga made Yashiro jump into their Christmas date. But it’s probably just the manga rushing the timing and putting the Christmas decorations out way too early.
Is this published one chapter every two months or something?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Can't put my finger on it, but, for me, this version just doesn't have the "heart" of the previous version. People are commenting on the faster pacing; maybe that's making the characters come across as flat? IDK, not doing it for me.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

At this point I'm assuming the merging of chapters/scenes and the stripping down to more basic story is because so far this version of the manga is rehashing what the pre-existing version already covered. Whether or not they will continue to condense once they surpass the original has yet to be seen. Guess we'll find out for sure once they finish up through volume 3--which will still be a while.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Poor gay Adachi's poor gay heart just isn't ready for all of this stimulation. Mood.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm I like both versions but as others here, the less of the alien girl I see the better,she's annoying AF, in my eyes. The anime will de adapted from the LN,not this tho,right?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Hmm I like both versions but as others here, the less of the alien girl I see the better,she's annoying AF, in my eyes. The anime will de adapted from the LN,not this tho,right?

Well i mean, technically the mangas versions are both taken from the LN with some cuts.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I know the novel of this is slow as heck (like them getting together by the 10th volume)

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I know the novel of this is slow as heck (like them getting together by the 10th volume)

you are probably exaggerating on purpose, but, more like 6th or 7th no? it doesn't even have 10 volumes yet

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Approximative airing date for Adachi & Shimamura https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1180750007617515521?s=19

To reply you must either login or sign up.