Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

joined Mar 19, 2022

That old guy was just a Pokémon character. Shows up, says a random non-sequitur about his granddaughter and throws a fishing rod at you.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Aside from the phone call, this was the chapter I was waiting to see the most.

Shimamura’s descriptions of Gon were always so pleasant, and did a great job showing how much she loved him. I’m so happy that they captured that lovable, old family dog energy so well in the manga, as well as her conflicted expressions.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Little Shima and Gon were just adorable. ^_^

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Why is it chapter 34, but the title is chapter 37.1?

Changes from magazine version (used in scanlation) to tankoubon (volume) version.

There are four chapters 27 in the magazine (Leaving Azure 1-4). LA 1-2 got merged into a single chapter 27 in the tank, and LA 3-4 changed to LA 2-3 with adjusted chapter numbers.
From three chapters 29 (Are Souls Shared 1-3), the first two got merged into chapter 31, and ASS 3 changed to chapter 32 (ASS 2).
Two chapters 30 (Adachi Revival 1-2) got merged into a single chapter 33.

Volume 6 numbers are guesses as far as I can tell.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Intrusive thoughts special

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

What's Shimamura's deal exactly? Why is she the way she is? Could someone explain it to a dummy like me?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

What's Shimamura's deal exactly? Why is she the way she is? Could someone explain it to a dummy like me?

I'm a bit lazy so these 3 quotes from the LN might help a bit (last 2 are light spoilers that we'll likely get to very, very soon but are vague enough):

(1) I wasn’t really a…considerate sort of person, for lack of a better word. I was no pure-hearted saint. As a result, I hated feeling indebted to anyone, because that would mean I owed them kindness in return. But it was wrong to perform kindness purely out of obligation—at that point, it wasn’t truly kindness anymore. I stumbled over this paradox over and over until eventually it began to affect my well-being. I knew maintaining strong interpersonal relationships was an important part of living a good life, but if it kept causing problems every time…

(2) For some reason, Adachi came to mind. Maybe I saw a common thread between her and the dog sleeping wearily beside me. She always looked so defeated whenever things didn’t go her way… She was the kind of girl who wore her heart on her sleeve, which I could appreciate. It really helped me understand her. If I were to sum it up, Adachi just…didn’t have much experience dealing with people. But that was exactly what made her so interesting to me. Speaking as someone whose overexposure to social interaction had left me numb to it, she was my polar opposite…and every now and then, I found myself tempted to protect her the way I wished someone would have protected me.

(3) “You don’t have to worry, dear. You’re already a kindhearted person.” I looked back at her and shook my head. “No, I’m really not.” Was she just saying it to be nice? Even I could tell I wasn’t the considerate type. I was missing that soft, gentle quality that actual kind people had. Then she whirled around to face me and said, “Hougetsu, you’re a real perfectionist, you know that?”“…I am?” No one had ever said that to me before, and I wasn’t sure how to react. “You don’t have to live your whole life in symmetry with everyone around you.”

“You try too hard to keep your relationships perfectly even. When there’s an imbalance, you start feeling uncomfortable. Frankly, you’re so sincere, it’s hard to believe you’re related to my daughter at all!” Setting aside the casual diss toward my mother—me, sincere? I thought back to how I handled the phone call at the river and found myself perplexed. “I don’t really get it,” I replied, like the ignorant child I was.

last edited at Feb 9, 2024 7:53AM

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

I'm a bit lazy so these 3 quotes from the LN might help a bit (last 2 are light spoilers that we'll likely get to very, very soon but are vague enough):

(1) I wasn’t really a…considerate sort of person, for lack of a better word. I was no pure-hearted saint. As a result, I hated feeling indebted to anyone, because that would mean I owed them kindness in return. But it was wrong to perform kindness purely out of obligation—at that point, it wasn’t truly kindness anymore. I stumbled over this paradox over and over until eventually it began to affect my well-being. I knew maintaining strong interpersonal relationships was an important part of living a good life, but if it kept causing problems every time…

(2) For some reason, Adachi came to mind. Maybe I saw a common thread between her and the dog sleeping wearily beside me. She always looked so defeated whenever things didn’t go her way… She was the kind of girl who wore her heart on her sleeve, which I could appreciate. It really helped me understand her. If I were to sum it up, Adachi just…didn’t have much experience dealing with people. But that was exactly what made her so interesting to me. Speaking as someone whose overexposure to social interaction had left me numb to it, she was my polar opposite…and every now and then, I found myself tempted to protect her the way I wished someone would have protected me.

(3) “You don’t have to worry, dear. You’re already a kindhearted person.” I looked back at her and shook my head. “No, I’m really not.” Was she just saying it to be nice? Even I could tell I wasn’t the considerate type. I was missing that soft, gentle quality that actual kind people had. Then she whirled around to face me and said, “Hougetsu, you’re a real perfectionist, you know that?”“…I am?” No one had ever said that to me before, and I wasn’t sure how to react. “You don’t have to live your whole life in symmetry with everyone around you.”

“You try too hard to keep your relationships perfectly even. When there’s an imbalance, you start feeling uncomfortable. Frankly, you’re so sincere, it’s hard to believe you’re related to my daughter at all!” Setting aside the casual diss toward my mother—me, sincere? I thought back to how I handled the phone call at the river and found myself perplexed. “I don’t really get it,” I replied, like the ignorant child I was.

Thank you! I think I understand her better now. Maybe I should read the LN to better get inside their heads.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Thank you! I think I understand her better now. Maybe I should read the LN to better get inside their heads.

I highly recommend it. Nothing against the manga, it is good, but the LN is just so much more because of just how much you get to see into the minds of Adachi and Shimamura. Shimamura in particular loses a lot in the transition because a lot of her characterization is in her inner dialogue. Adachi's constant state of gay panic is also much more entertaining when you get to see her thoughts at the same time as well.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I highly recommend it. Nothing against the manga, it is good, but the LN is just so much more because of just how much you get to see into the minds of Adachi and Shimamura. Shimamura in particular loses a lot in the transition because a lot of her characterization is in her inner dialogue. Adachi's constant state of gay panic is also much more entertaining when you get to see her thoughts at the same time as well.

Yes! The story is their internal thoughts and struggles. It's so much more internal than external and manga (+anime) are more externally focused. It really does take away from Shima the most since she is the most contemplative.

last edited at Feb 28, 2024 6:45AM

joined May 10, 2021

Incredible effort on your part for this April's Fool chapter holy shit.

joined Dec 13, 2022

Shimamura's "profound thinking", absolutely incredible.

EDIT: also, I just realised, the display for the chapter rounds the chapter number to two decimal places...

last edited at Apr 1, 2024 4:51AM

Spore18 Uploader
Cuetie 5can5
joined Sep 29, 2021

Shimamura's "profound thinking", absolutely incredible.

EDIT: also, I just realised, the display for the chapter rounds the chapter number to two decimal places...

lmao the fact that it actively rounds instead of just truncating is actually kinda interesting. Didn't mean to test that when uploading this, but that's cool to learn

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

That's really great, high effort April's Fools !

... it's not a cry for help, is it ?

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

The most ambitious crossover in history.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Asking Adachi of all people to solve the useless lesbian equation would seem funny at first, but she actually managed to get the girl at the end, so jokes on us I guess :P

Chris2aDegree
Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

I don't normally like these april fools chapters but that Shimamura Profound Thinking was fucking funny lmao

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Horrors beyond comprehension. Dead, but still sleeping?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Since it was Adachi's dream, it's therefore canon. It fits the others.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Truely the magnum opus of april fools editions.

8 thumbs up

To reply you must either login or sign up.