Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

Kazami%20yuuka3
joined Aug 6, 2017

Introspective characters done well are rare, but this series does it so well.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I'd really like to have Shimamura's perspective now

4b70c0a3-5927-441e-942b-53e31052f7f7
joined Mar 3, 2023

Adachi mi toxica <3

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

I love that Shimamura is a normal person in a romance manga. She reacts and acts in a mostly normal way to these situations and in this genre that makes her seem "odd," to some. She's a bit distant, yes but not really that distant and a lot of what makes her even seem distant is because she doesn't immediately go along with Adachi's possessiveness and she doesn't do what characters in these spaces normally would when it comes to romance (she's more measured, calculating and introspective). I like her character for that, especially in the LNs. Her thoughts were actually what became the most interesting parts of the later LNs--I can genuinely say I haven't seen many other characters in this space react and think quite like her.

Same. AdaShima romance story is interesting and well-written for sure, yet the main reason why I like reading this series so much is Shimamura's internal monologue. She might appear as a cold, apathetic, even heartless to some readers, but the truth is she still cares about her family, her friends in her own way. She spent a lot of time evaluating her own relationships with others, how she's live and how the flow of life goes, thinking about how heartless and thoughtless she was when she compared herself with people like Tarumi and Adachi. She is dense and a bit airhead, yet her way of thinking about her surrounding is surprisingly realistic and precise, like she knows clearly what kind of person she is and what she wants (well, at least for a high school kid). And because of how distant she appears with others, moments when she took the initiative (like the sauna with Adachi's mom moment or when she called Tarumi back at the station) can leave a strong impression on readers. Shimamura is a well-written character in general. She seemingly is a normal character, in a normal world and a normal love story, doesn't have anything special. And that's what made her interesting. Iruma Hitoma has made Shimamura an in-depth character, doesn't feel flat in anyways.

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 11:58AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Good translation Clueless

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

APRIL FOOLS DAY ISN'T FUNNY
IT'S A WASTE OF TIME
NO APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE IS CLEVER OR FUNNY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

maybe the real joke was the YouTube link not working

Now it's making my brain race thinking of the countless possibilities of what could have been in the YT video

Holy cow, I just realised based on the numbering (whole numbers) that there are only 3 chapters between two April fool's edition.

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 2:31AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just remembered what day it is lol. Thanks for the reminder first thing. Now I know to pay attention!

^^ Not totally true- tho Apr1st scans are often not funny, ive seen some hilarous april fools over the years.
Its hard to do right lol- you gotta be genuinly funny and avoid annoying people.

p.s Remember April fools chapters are often tagged - or another give away is very slap dash editing of speach bubbles,
with naff fonts and alignment, or the japanese txt still visible below etc.

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 3:28AM

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

not funny didnt laugh also you're gay (good at yugioh)

joined Sep 23, 2022

Waiting for new chapter <3

joined Sep 22, 2021

It reminds me the last year's april fool, it was pretty well done

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Once again, real big fan of Shimamura.

Same. AdaShima romance story is interesting and well-written for sure, yet the main reason why I like reading this series so much is Shimamura's internal monologue. She might appear as a cold, apathetic, even heartless to some readers, but the truth is she still cares about her family, her friends in her own way.

Yes and she's rarely cold. She's mostly just not playing the role she's "supposed" to play in these kinds of stories and that reads as cold to some. She's mostly just acting like a normal person would and not necessarily caught up in instant love and fawning.

She seemingly is a normal character, in a normal world and a normal love story, doesn't have anything special. And that's what made her interesting. Iruma Hitoma has made Shimamura an in-depth character, doesn't feel flat in anyways.

I agree--except she does have special qualities. It's a thoughtful decision to pair her type with Adachi, who really craves the romance genre type love obsession (and vice versa). An interesting way for the author to make certain points in the manga (but especially the LNs).

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 7:11AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Bathtub bonding time!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

My heart was not prepared for the three pages of hardcore handholding at the end...

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 7:50AM

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Penny for Shimamura's thoughts

Gotta say, seeing Adachi have an absolute breakdown like she did in ch28 was a real treat. I don't normally enjoy seeing characters suffer, much less such a sweetheart like Adachi, but this one just fit so well. Made me go ohgodohgoditsrealnow

And then Shimamura is?...

Well, I'm glad Shimamura is clearly not a normal person (in a good way) and we avoided the drama, but the author must have everyone just DYING to know what she's thinking

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well done, Adachi, and rewarded with headpats. ^_^

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The next time I'm verbally assaulted I'm countering by accusing them of eating nothing but cabbage.

joined Jun 11, 2021

wow adachi's just like me fr fr (right down to the incoherent breakdown) i love having no social skills and unhealthy obsessions

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Where are we in terms of the ln?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Where are we in terms of the ln?

The chapter titles correspond to those of the LN, so halfway through last chapter of volume 5.

joined May 24, 2014

That's some angsty bike riding

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

At first I thought the bottom of page 12 read, Her heart soars. Her soul alright. And I thought her heart soars. Her soul. .. Meh. And I Couldn't stop laughing.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job getting through that denial.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Aah, this is a loud confesion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That's some angsty bike riding

As Bill Murray once advised a ground hog: Don't drive angry.

To reply you must either login or sign up.