Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

joined Jul 7, 2020

only up from here my fellow adachi supporters

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

This is such a sad manga. I hate seeing Adachi fall into these toxic and obsessive patterns, and I love the author for that.
This dynamic of seemingly outwardly cold, but that being a misread of the person's internal monologue contrasted with a person frustratedly obsessed with the love they share to a degree that is unhealthy to both parties... It hits too close to home, and I'm glad it was written

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Even if she's "pretending like Adachi meant it", it says a lot that Shima actually decided to send a heart as her reply as well.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

This dynamic of seemingly outwardly cold, but that being a misread of the person's internal monologue contrasted with a person frustratedly obsessed with the love they share to a degree that is unhealthy to both parties... It hits too close to home, and I'm glad it was written

Agreed! Their dynamic is very interesting here and in the novels.

last edited at Jul 20, 2023 7:14AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The key to a good relationship is to never show affection. Now I know where I've strayed.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Aw, Shimamura, you seductress, you!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

hype

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute. ^_^

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

So what role does the self-proclaimed alien, Yashiro, have in the story or is it just LN's mascot? Or is it the author's preference that's why he added it, because the LN author also wrote a series about alien girls

joined Jan 11, 2014

As someone with BPD this series hits way too close to home.

Like, I'm just doing a surface scan of this series and checking out Adachi's rant and jesus christ. Every aspect, every single chapter I check out, even out of context, is like, FUCK I'm in this picture and I fucking hate it. Ch 28? Been there, done that. Ch 30.1 when you're trying to pull away and make new friends and stop orbiting your world around that one person? Been there done that. Even that one bit where you feel crazy trying to ask them to hang out and they're like, sorry I have to do this thing. This whole insecurity and abandonment fixation? Been there. Done fucking that. Fuck me. I wish this series wasn't like, a horrific deepdive into the worst part of my brain. I want to consume this series so much but every time I try it's like I'm getting a mirror pointed straight at my face. Anyways I know nothing about this series but I assign Adachi chronic depression. She should get some help.

last edited at Sep 16, 2023 4:46AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Shimamura's moments with Gon are easily some of my favorite moments in the LN. I'm glad to see they're still good in the manga as well. One of those struggles that is just a hard fact of life with pets, and it's so painfully relatable.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Little Shima and Gon are adorable. ^_^

And so are the older ones.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Shimamura's moments with Gon are easily some of my favorite moments in the LN. I'm glad to see they're still good in the manga as well. One of those struggles that is just a hard fact of life with pets, and it's so painfully relatable.

Yeah I love Shimamura's pov in general but her thoughts about Gon are some of the best.

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 6:00PM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Wtfox? Recently one of the dog of my house

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Shimamura being naturally introspective and self reflecting is definitely a pretty key part of her character. It's one of the things that didn't translate in the anime.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Another very nice chapter. ^_^

joined Mar 26, 2015

I was getting worried that this is gonna get dropped. Glad to see that it's back!

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Is dangerous send this type of photo...

joined Jun 11, 2021

shimamura whats your damage. i mean i know what it is but jesus she is cold

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

This relationship feels kinda sad? Not sure. Does it eventually going to lead somewhere?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

A very existential chapter. I never understand this "couple." The one girl makes stoic seem positively ebullient, revelling in detachment.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Shimamura being naturally introspective and self reflecting is definitely a pretty key part of her character.

The one girl makes stoic seem positively ebullient, revelling in detachment.

As alluded to in this chapter, she's named after it, so that fits (especially in the novels). I love her introspection and general outlook, though. She takes things very calmly, at her own pace and is honest about herself. She's also quite nice and thoughtful. A very intentional and unique character.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 11:41PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Why is it chapter 34, but the title is chapter 37.1?

To reply you must either login or sign up.