Forum › Posts by GloomHeart

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

What's Shimamura's deal exactly? Why is she the way she is? Could someone explain it to a dummy like me?

I'm a bit lazy so these 3 quotes from the LN might help a bit (last 2 are light spoilers that we'll likely get to very, very soon but are vague enough):

(1) I wasn’t really a…considerate sort of person, for lack of a better word. I was no pure-hearted saint. As a result, I hated feeling indebted to anyone, because that would mean I owed them kindness in return. But it was wrong to perform kindness purely out of obligation—at that point, it wasn’t truly kindness anymore. I stumbled over this paradox over and over until eventually it began to affect my well-being. I knew maintaining strong interpersonal relationships was an important part of living a good life, but if it kept causing problems every time…

(2) For some reason, Adachi came to mind. Maybe I saw a common thread between her and the dog sleeping wearily beside me. She always looked so defeated whenever things didn’t go her way… She was the kind of girl who wore her heart on her sleeve, which I could appreciate. It really helped me understand her. If I were to sum it up, Adachi just…didn’t have much experience dealing with people. But that was exactly what made her so interesting to me. Speaking as someone whose overexposure to social interaction had left me numb to it, she was my polar opposite…and every now and then, I found myself tempted to protect her the way I wished someone would have protected me.

(3) “You don’t have to worry, dear. You’re already a kindhearted person.” I looked back at her and shook my head. “No, I’m really not.” Was she just saying it to be nice? Even I could tell I wasn’t the considerate type. I was missing that soft, gentle quality that actual kind people had. Then she whirled around to face me and said, “Hougetsu, you’re a real perfectionist, you know that?”“…I am?” No one had ever said that to me before, and I wasn’t sure how to react. “You don’t have to live your whole life in symmetry with everyone around you.”

“You try too hard to keep your relationships perfectly even. When there’s an imbalance, you start feeling uncomfortable. Frankly, you’re so sincere, it’s hard to believe you’re related to my daughter at all!” Setting aside the casual diss toward my mother—me, sincere? I thought back to how I handled the phone call at the river and found myself perplexed. “I don’t really get it,” I replied, like the ignorant child I was.

Thank you! I think I understand her better now. Maybe I should read the LN to better get inside their heads.

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

What's Shimamura's deal exactly? Why is she the way she is? Could someone explain it to a dummy like me?

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

The bully: "I lost."

Me: "Of COURSE you did?? What were you thinking??? It wasn't even a competition! Why the f would you even think that she would ever want to be with YOU after all the cruel and vile things you've done to her????? Wtf??"

I agree with Joddascus. She should've received some sort of comeuppance.

GloomHeart
Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

I feel like she is just going to get her hopes up and be hurt again. Poor girl.

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

So cute!

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

Good for her!

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

The only kind of "bullying" that is acceptable to me.

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

I cannot help but admire Hinako's earnest wish for death.

I can. Get a grip, girl. Your parents would want you to live. You've got a friend who would give her tails to help you live. You'll never forget your family, you'll always mourn them, but there's plenty worth living for and your family would want you to find it.

When you’re in the hole like she is, that’s only going to come off as platitudes, unfortunately. Convincing someone in that headspace of a nebulous “something” worth staying miserable for is a hard sell

Indeed. Having been in that hole I concur hearing "there's so much to live for" feels like an insult. It's like saying to a blind person "there's so many wonderful things to see in this world." We cannot see those things when in that state.

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

i do not like lgbt shit because it´s a political movement but same sex atraction it´s a normal thing for humans

Struggling for basic human rights is not about "being political." Your bigotry and gross lack of judgement is showing.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 4:33AM

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

Love it! Can I has more? :3

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

"Sorry, Mel. I swear I'll never do that again..."

I highly doubt that... (✿´‿`)

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 5:05AM

GloomHeart
Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

More please!

GloomHeart
Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

oh no

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 2:45AM

GloomHeart
Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

That friend is a true MVP. Wish I had a friend like him back in the day.

GloomHeart
A Cute Guy discussion 27 Jan 03:09
Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

Too cute! >.<

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

Ah yes, the return of the yuri cliche, the guy who tries to hit on one of the main couple only to be driven off.

I kinda want to write a story about this now, something like "I'm a straight male but I live in a Yuri Manga so every day is hell for me".

That... might actually be quite interesting. Please do this!

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

I'm starting to really get into this... Yuka is the queen of divorced milfs!

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

I was bullied because I had long hair. Yes... let that sink in. Because I had LONG HAIR.

When I eventually cut it the bullying didn't stop so that was when I figured out that it wasn't the long hair that caused the bullying. If they decide to bully you then they WILL bully you, and the reasons don't matter. Kids are evil little shits and evil little shits don't need a reason to ostracise you.

Anyways I'm glad she found someone who loved her for her. Sometimes love is all we need to save us from ourselves.