Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

That poly ending was unexpectedly cute.

joined Sep 6, 2018

If seven seas publishes this, I’ll buy it.

Your in luck cause seven sea is going to publish it by next year.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Your in luck cause seven sea is going to publish it by next year.

Source on that ? Because i don't remember seeing it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Why do you think well written stories always top the charts and are phenomena?

Gentle reminder that Citrus is the best-selling yuri manga of all time last I heard and, on a more general note, I really hope you aren't trying to make an argument that the most popular manga/anime/movie/novel/*anything* in general are so because they are paragons of thoughtful writing. That is almost never the case and one of the most fallacious arguments you could ever make.

Gentle reminder that - and this is something I give profound thanks for nearly everyday now - the Japanese authors of the vast majority of these works do not read this site and are blissfully unaware of Western yuri fans' self-important views on how they should do their job better. You are not giving feedback to the author here, so stop pretending that. You are only wallowing publicly in your own sense of superiority, writing post after essay-like post to no real effect except propping up how much better your tastes in Japanese schoolgirl lesbian fantasy stories are compared to others'. Please gain even a tiny bit of self-awareness about how far you are going (and habitually go) to belabor this point.

I love this entire comment.

Me 2. Thank you, Cryssoberyl, for putting the record straight.

(Did I just say "straight?" Excuse my French. )

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

They sure beat that strawman. Good to see that you people are easily impressed.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yep. straw man.

I don't see anything in this comment relevant to "Luminous=Blue"

joined Apr 6, 2019

When uploaders, or moderators, give you a gentle reminder that you're doing something wrong and recommend that, in the future, you show at least a tiny bit of self-awareness and adjust your attitude, the correct answer is to thank them and mend your ways. Definitely not to hit them in the face with a brick of text made of pure undiluted condescension and sarcasm.
Keep in mind that the next reminder might not be as gentle.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

When uploaders, or moderators, give you a gentle reminder that you're doing something wrong and recommend that, in the future, you show at least a tiny bit of self-awareness and adjust your attitude, the correct answer is to thank them and mend your ways. Definitely not to hit them in the face with a brick of text made of pure undiluted condescension and sarcasm.
Keep in mind that the next reminder might not be as gentle.

Uploaders have no greater degree of influence than anyone else and have no jurisdiction over what people may say or post.
Keep in mind that this particular uploader lacks self-awareness themselves and might not necessarily have the correct judgement. Especially when they are condescending themselves.
The amount of words I write has no relevance to anything.
Your opinion on who or what I should be thankful for is a non-factor.

This is my last response to this tedious topic.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 3:19PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I feel like for some people it had become personal. End is obviously rushed because of the cancel and the polyamory is just a vague attempt to make the end having a somewhat big impact. Let's be serious 2s here, the manga could have end without the polyamory, i don't see the point to having polyamory when you could just make the exs coming back together and Kou being just a friend.

And for the original problem, no it's not because it's yuri that i can accept a bad end.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Uploaders have no greater degree of influence than anyone else and have no jurisdiction over what people may say or post.

No idea about this specific person, but some uploaders are indeed part of the staff, and can and do exercise jurisdiction over the Forum, without having any visible markers that would single them out from the rest of the uploaders (most of whom are not staff). In any case, just a heads-up.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 4:02PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

No idea about this specific person, but some uploaders are indeed part of the staff, and can and do exercise jurisdiction over the Forum, without having any visible markers that would single them out from the rest of the uploaders (most of whom are not staff). In any case, just a heads-up.

Also, some uploaders may not be staff, but all moderators are staff, and all moderators dislike it when someone is a jerk to uploaders. Just another heads-up.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Also, some uploaders may not be staff, but all moderators are staff, and all moderators dislike it when someone is a jerk to uploaders. Just another heads-up.

That would be a valid point... if the uploader in question wasn't a jerk first of course. it really is hard to ignore this hypocirsy, what can I say?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The uploader making the rather counter-stereotypical-uploader point that, “Look at the fools, getting all serious and writing long posts about a bunch of Japanese schoolgirl lesbian fantasy stories” did little to attach any sort of elite uploader gravitas to the alleged “gentle reminder.”

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think you know by now that some here just will go against you because you are you. Don't why people keep coming to this off-topic when we all know how it gonna happen when Nez will come this thread.

End was rushed and author try to make a wave by throwing the poly ending and it work. It will be better for everyone if we can stay on-topic. Yes people have differents opinion on a subject and sometime the opinion is dumb but that doesn't it had to go personal.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

End was rushed and author try to make a wave by throwing the poly ending and it work.

I actually really don't think that's true. Of course I can't prove it and you might be right, but there was enough groundwork to at least give the poly ending some legitimacy. Or rather I really think it was the intended ending from the beginning.
I'm not saying it was necessary or well done, but saying she threw it in for a little more of a splash is a bit harsh.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

End was rushed and author try to make a wave by throwing the poly ending and it work.

I actually really don't think that's true. Of course I can't prove it and you might be right, but there was enough groundwork to at least give the poly ending some legitimacy. Or rather I really think it was the intended ending from the beginning.
I'm not saying it was necessary or well done, but saying she threw it in for a little more of a splash is a bit harsh.

I tend to agree—although there’s no way to know for sure, a poly ending seemed to be in the cards as much as anything else, as a number of people commented at the time.

The thing is, a plausible polyamory ending is pretty high degree-of-difficulty for any kind of romance story to pull off (heck, a garden-variety love triangle isn’t necessarily so easy to do well), and this one just didn’t get the time/narrative space it needed to make the ending seem like much more than an ass-pull.

It seems like less a sudden change of plan and more the equivalent of a difficult mathematical problem where the person started out OK and did come up with the desired answer but couldn’t show their work for the hard part of the equation.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

If you just finished reading the latest ch: Spare yourself a headache and don't read the comments.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 6:39PM

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

This is something I give profound thanks for nearly everyday now - the Japanese authors of the vast majority of these works do not read this site and are blissfully unaware of Western yuri fans' self-important views on how they should do their job better.

I positively despise your insinuation that somehow being in the West or East makes any difference in this topic. (...) What a joke. (...) This is pure mudslinging. (...) You should be ashamed. (...) Is it not typical that you resort to insulting me?

No, it's not typical. Cryssoberyl never insulted anyone. You're the one who got slapped with a month-long ban for insulting other commenters and disrespecting the moderators.

Judging from your recent comments (some quoted above), it looks like you haven't learned your lesson.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:03PM

joined May 24, 2019

In retrospect, I have to say that the main storyline was very clearly building up to this ending since ch.1 and the author had the poly threesome relationship planned since the beginning, the thing is that it hadn't gotten to the point where the feelings were evident and also the Taru x Amane side of the threesome wasn't developed enough (or at all)

The axe really hurt the story, more chapters were needed to develop properly, but the author just had to rush the ending she had planned all along

It's not really the author's fault, actually what I really would like to know is why the series was axed.... the art was superb, the story was full of romance and drama, the characters were so cute and sexy, how could it not be popular? Maybe it also has to do with the Olympics and the crackdown on randy schoolgirls - like what hit Skeeter Rabbit?

joined Dec 3, 2018

No, it's not. There was no basis for a poly ending. Taru and Amane have zero romantic chemistry. It was just a love triangle, and a shitty triangle formed from one character having mental issues. The poly ending was the author saying "fuck it" after their shit got cancelled.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

No, it's not. There was no basis for a poly ending. Taru and Amane have zero romantic chemistry. It was just a love triangle, and a shitty triangle formed from one character having mental issues. The poly ending was the author saying "fuck it" after their shit got cancelled.

You do understand though that for polyamory to work... only one person in the trio needs to be in a relationship with the others, right? Polyamory does not mean that every involved person has to love everyone else.
In this case, If both Kou and Amane loved Nene and Nene reciprocates those feelings and they all agree to share, it is already polyamory. And if the ending implies anything, it is that they all got married somehow, so it's polygamy with one girl having two wives probably.

There was considerable build-up for Nene and Kou developing feelings for each other (even if I didn't initially feel the chemistry was any good) and of course Amane and Nene never lost their feelings for each other. Amane is also pretty open minded and just happy to have Nene with her at all. So yes, all the conditions for polyamory were more or less fulfilled. We all know the rushed ending made the jump way too jarring, but saying that it is not legitimate at all is just not true.

I positively despise your insinuation that somehow being in the West or East makes any difference in this topic. (...) What a joke. (...) This is pure mudslinging. (...) You should be ashamed. (...) Is it not typical that you resort to insulting me?

No, it's not typical. Cryssoberyl never insulted anyone. You're the one who got slapped with a month-long ban for insulting other commenters and disrespecting the moderators.

Judging from your recent comments (some quoted above), it looks like you haven't learned your lesson.

Your misinterpretation and double standards have been noted.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 5:44PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BugDevil posted:

That would be a valid point... if the uploader in question wasn't a jerk first of course. it really is hard to ignore this hypocirsy, what can I say?

I feel you.

I had an argument, a few years back, with an uploader/scanlator which was a jerk (using ad-hominems and al), that I "trolled" in anger and some moderator decided I was in the wrong because of "rule 4", even though the argument didn't have shit to do with their uploader or scanlator status.

Thankfully, some people here took my defense and called out the unfairness.

It's not news that some staff are biased here. Since it's "their" site, they do what they want, but by being unreasonable it gives this forum a bad rep.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Ooh, burn.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 2:16PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

but by being unreasonable it gives this forum a bad rep.

We already a certain reputation with the over analysis on some thread.

To reply you must either login or sign up.