Forum › Posts by ange

I
joined Jan 16, 2019

unfortunately to me, this rift felt painfully realistic. i've had similar rifts that seem to come from nowhere, but the both of you are hurting and don't know how to resolve it until admitting your vulnerability. in a lot of manga, i think the solution doesn't seem to fit the issue, but in this case it was perfect - they just needed to communicate to assuage both of their fears.

i am just as baffled as everyone by the lack of yuri this far in, though. not because it's gotten less gay - but because it's gotten MORE so. this drama felt far more characteristic of a fight in a relationship just before you agree to become serious about it. i don't know how this will be able to culminate in anything short of "life partners who live together" if nothing else.

I
joined Jan 16, 2019

apologies if 1. there's already a way to do this and/or 2. it's already been requested in here ad nauseam, but is there/could there be a way to view one-shots in the search with an image attached, the way groupings are? so much of my decision to read something is based on art-style, and the convenience of seeing that immediately rather than clicking on every single one would be nice.

I
joined Jan 16, 2019

i think everyone's being too hard on akira. she's a young trans girl that's struggling a lot at the moment. i feel like she instantly realized lashing out was a mistake and fled out of embarrassment - you know, like teenagers do to avoid things. i'm looking forward to her and hime patching things up.

i'm also interested in akira's reaction to hime changing uniforms again? i feel like it could have a few things at the core. 1. the fact that hime can stop whenever makes it feel like for hime it was a phase, implying that she may think the same of akira - at least from akira's POV. i feel like this is a common intracommunity tension with genderfluid/ more broadly gnc people and binary trans people - so it's interesting to see it play out here.
2. akira maybe feeling a loss over hime not doing that to defend her anymore? it wasn't the most thought-through defense, but it was still a symbol of solidarity, and their closeness. there's a bit of sadness to that going away.
and my first assumption but probably least likely, 3. maybe akira was into hime in the boys uniform? not as a boy, but just that she really rocks it. as someone primarily into more masc women, i'd empathize lmao.

ange
VAMPEERZ discussion 17 May 15:05
I
joined Jan 16, 2019

Alright... Let me say, I love the vampire because she's fun and I had no problem with this manga but now the protagonist said "I don't understand" even after the key phrase "Leaving things behind"... Feels like a stretch (...) to make her so naive, after all, I want to believe anyone would be able to reach the same conclusion about why living for an eternity wouldn't be all that great.

So in other words

"I don't want to kill you because I love you, I want to spend more time with you" = Good, this work
"I don't understand why you want to die (even after an entire day thinking about it)" = Not good

I looks like it has to be her for some special reason and it looks like she can't be forced to do it and that's good, my only concern is that weird naivety.

this might be a stretch on my part, but - the interpretation i had of her confusion is that she just doesn't follow the logic. yes, leaving things behind is sad, but wouldn't dying entail the ULTIMATE amount of leaving things behind? it feels contradictory. for a child who still isn't real clear on the realities of mortality, i think it's an entirely understandable hang-up. ESPECIALLY when in conjunction with grief over her grandma + the genuine terror of having a suicidal friend, vampire or not.

ange
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Apr 19:59
I
joined Jan 16, 2019

i'm less worried about the author's baiting past and more the fact that he seems to almost exclusively produce lolicon garbage. stretch was great because they were both adults but then it... went nowhere.

i'm also always hesitant about the inherent age gape in vampire/human things (when the human is still a child) but... here's hoping it doesn't get too weird, too fast, i suppose. :(