Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

joined Oct 22, 2018

Oh, man, this is a good one.
In terms of simultaneous cuteness and lewdness, this manga easily rivals and maybe even outmatches "Hino-san no Baka".
Also:
Nikaidou's given name is Sakurako? No wonder she's so gay! She's up there with her Kawawa namesake and with a certain bright cheery amnesiac as some of the gayest characters I've ever seen.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Man, my heart can't handle this cuteness. Nikaidou's trying so hard!

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Priorities.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

A hard-boiled character with a cutesy background? Sounds like my kind of comedy manga

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ah, we finally found a flaw on Nikaidou!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I hate to be a downer but working as a mangaka in real life can be kind of ass, right?

I don't have any experience myself but seeing this last chapter gave me flashbacks to some of the other stories I've read involving mangaka.

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

I hate to be a downer but working as a mangaka in real life can be kind of ass, right?

I don't have any experience myself but seeing this last chapter gave me flashbacks to some of the other stories I've read involving mangaka.

Yeah if Bakuman is even a little accurate then being a mangaka seems like a terrible occupation.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

"Just another day in Toon Town," Cody Jarret gruffly mutters to himself as he deftly lights his thousandth cigarette of the day.

last edited at May 21, 2019 1:59AM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

That nightime landscape is adorable, I can't even.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

wait wait where's the rest of the chapter aaaa

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Haha that background is so cute, what the heck

joined Oct 22, 2018

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

joined Apr 5, 2015

Yeah if Bakuman is even a little accurate then being a mangaka seems like a terrible occupation.

It actually seem worse, considering Bakuman idealizes the profession and clearly makes everything sounds as good as possible. (!I almost died drawing but that is good because showed my passion!"). If even it makes being a mangaka sound dreadful, the reality must be even worse.

That said, to be fair, working for a big, hyper competitive, weekly magazine might be considerably worse than working for a smaller venues. Inko is still an amateur, right? So tight deadlines aren't a constant yet. And if she find job in a monthly or even bi-monthly magazine, it likely will be a more relaxed pace than Shonen Jump (though smaller pay, of course)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Didn't you get an award in a sketching competition?"

Wait, what?
Is this a retcon? Or can anyone recall when it was mentioned before?

In any case, I have trouble believing that a judging panel would give an art award to Nikaidou if this sort of doodling is the best of her ability. And it took her an hour, too! I could have done better in ten minutes, and I totes suck at art. :-/

joined Jun 11, 2018

i'd like to see a crossover with nichijou, with mai helping tadokoro with her backgrounds

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Wait, what?

In any case, I have trouble believing that a judging panel would give an art award to Nikaidou if this sort of doodling is the best of her ability. And it took her an hour, too! I could have done better in ten minutes, and I totes suck at art. :-/

I'd say that her excitement over working with the artist she admires and loves so much is wrecking her skills somewhat fierce.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hehehe, yeah, it must be hard to focus on drawing when you are alone in a room with your girlfriend and all you can think of is nookie, nookie, nookie!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I was half expecting a super moe-ified background or a highly technical sketch. It'll be interesting to see if that's actually the extent of her skill or if proximity to Tadoroko is destroying her ability to draw.

It could also be thy she was trying to match Tadokoro's art style, rather than drawing in one she's more familiar with, and thats why's causing her problems.

last edited at May 21, 2019 1:48PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

It was sweet while it lasted, but it's crystal clear the author has no idea where to go from here and is just going with the flow

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It was sweet while it lasted, but it's crystal clear the author has no idea where to go from here and is just going with the flow

It's kinda been that way since chapter 15 or so, honestly. But the flow is good, so why worry?

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

White Rose posted:

Wait, what?

Maybe it was a competition against preschoolers? XD

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, it was never said it was an award for winning.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

is this the award she won?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose posted:

Wait, what?

Maybe it was a competition against preschoolers? XD

and...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/325/934/060.png
is this the award she won?

@bubbleteabird, I think you solved the mystery. Good job! d(^ ͜ʖ ͡^)b

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I swear to god if somebody/something interrupts them in the next chapter imma kill a bitch

To reply you must either login or sign up.