Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm imagining this author drawing this, thinking, "and then this super hot girl comes in and saves me and you fall to your knees and sob, you fucking bitch! Oh, but I'll forgive you, because I know I'm better than you."

This bullying arc, as satisfying as it was to read, was just... a little excessive. I get the impression that someone had some issues in high school, and drawing this manga is a form of therapy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I myself get the impression that someone had read a lot of attenuated manga plots and decided, “Fuck that—here’s how things ought to go . . . .”

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'm imagining this author drawing this, thinking, "and then this super hot girl comes in and saves me and you fall to your knees and sob, you fucking bitch! Oh, but I'll forgive you, because I know I'm better than you."

This bullying arc, as satisfying as it was to read, was just... a little excessive. I get the impression that someone had some issues in high school, and drawing this manga is a form of therapy.

Don't take it the wrong way, but that was a really pointless comment.

You could say pretty much the same thing of every book, comic, manga, movie, cartoon or tv show where (to quote Nene) there are:

A cute, sweet, helpless heroine everybody likes. A villain with a heart black as pitch who torments her. A hero [...] who arrives just in time to save the damsel and mete out punishment to the miscreant.

By my guesstimate, that's more than 80% of the fictional works out there. You could say of each and every one of these works that they are just self-insertion fantasies, and that the author, if he's a boy, identifies himself with the hero, or, if a she's a girl, identifies herself with the damsel in distress. You could say it of all of them, and it would be equally pointless, because it has zero importance from a literary point of view.

Heck, you could say the same thing of every romantic story where there are no evil villains or violent conflict, only a plain, unremarkable MC and his/her love interest, who is a highly desirable person and who, somewhat unrealistically, falls head over heels for the MC. How many yuri manga in this reader fit that description? Would you call all of them masturbatory fantasies of an author who identifies herself with the plain Jane?

We should judge a work by its literary or entertainment values, not waste time in speculations about whether the authors picture themselves as this or that character and use the story as therapy or jerkoff material.

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 4:17PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I myself get the impression that someone had read a lot of attenuated manga plots and decided, “Fuck that—here’s how things ought to go . . . .”

Seriously, this reads like a fix-fic of every melodramatic and convoluted yuri manga combined and I love it.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Someone clearly doesn't get how the relationship between Tadokoro and Nikaidou works.

this ISNT a matter of "works" nikaido is indeed head over heels for tadokoro that doesn't mean she's a FREAKING ZOMBIE who must obey all her every needs! for once she could have shown a little more attitude instead of immediatly following tadokoro! plus this isn't about their relationship the fact that nikaido doesn't forgive the bully has NOTHING to do with it. even if nikaido still despise the bully and not forgive her it's obvious tadokoro would still love her anyway and she knows it. it would have been her choice and tadokoro would have accept that as long as nikaido doesn't hurt the bully badly.

But Nikaidou wasn't the one who got bullied, Tadokoro was the one who got bullied. And when she can forgive her Bully, how could Nikaidou not forgive her? She wasn't the victim.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Be still, my beating heart.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Even though Kiri is a bad person I would never wish no form love received to my worst enemy so I'm glad she at least someone who loves her dearly

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

All of you crying earlier to have Kiri-san beaten down. How could you?

Look at that! She's a good girl now. And she has someone who loves her.

Do you guys regret it now? I think you should.

last edited at May 6, 2019 7:22PM

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

I don't. Kiri changing the way she treats others because of Nikaido doesn't erase everything that she has done until now so she still can be criticized for it.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I'm dying to see the hijinks in Tadokoro-san's room.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I don't. Kiri changing the way she treats others because of Nikaido doesn't erase everything that she has done until now so she still can be criticized for it.

If you aren’t willing to forgive people, they’ll never change.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Ah yes, my favorite movie. Day Hard. Starring Bruce Wallas.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Now that, my friends, is a cliffhanger.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_ch26#2
She doesn't treasure her virginity does she

joined Feb 15, 2019

and one of the pics on the left side in that pannel looks like Laxus from Fairy Tail!

joined Jul 4, 2018

‘Plans for the day? You are my plans for the day.’
-Nikaido (Paraphrased)

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

gayyyy

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Too hard boiled!!!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

When it says that cleaning duty was "pushed onto" Tadokoro, does that mean that someone else is bullying her? If so, does Kiri know? If she does, then she should try to help put a stop to it if she really wants to atone for what she had done. At least, that's what I think

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'd say at this point people have already criticized her a lot even if she's a fictional character

Forgiving and forgetting is nice, sure they might not change right away but it will make you grow as a person and appreciate the people who treat you with respect more

I guess if they still have the intention of bullying you, you could always get a (girl)friend like Tadokoro-san

joined May 11, 2016

Came for this comment. I can die now. R I.p in peace.

last edited at May 6, 2019 11:16PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Holy.. Tadokoro should be cautious with Nikaido in her room.. I am hella curious what will happen.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Look, if some thot like Kirigaya tried to bully me, I would try to forgive and forget the first few times but if she didn't learn, I would have beaten her ass up (I did learn krav maga) and thrown her in front of a running bus. And if she had (still) survived, I would have cursed her with a voodoo doll. Forgiveness? Pfft. I would have made sure that bitch's life was ruined for good, both academically and socially.

But this is not my story. Neither it's yours. It's Tadokoro's story, and if she has decided to forgive her bully, then it's her own decision. To each their own. So some of you need to chill out a little bit. Stop forcing your views on what she or the author should have done and move on. (Also, this happens in pretty much every manga. What else did you expect?) Tadokoro's about to lose her virginity, show her some support instead.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hollows posted:

You shouldn't expect people to forgive her immediately. It's not easy to change, even if you're trying. Most reasonable people would wait to see if she actually succeeds first.

YuuMimo posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_ch26#2
She doesn't treasure her virginity does she

It's just Nikaidou so I don't think she's particularly concerned about anything that might happen.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If you aren’t willing to forgive people, they’ll never change.

We can do both. She deserved her punishment for the bullying, and she only changed because of this. But we can also forgive her now, seeing how she truly doesn't do such things anymore.

And it is nice to see her find someone else who loves her, especially if it keeps her out of our couple's hair. This chapter's over, we can move on now to the next danger - Nikaidou in Tadokoro's room.

To reply you must either login or sign up.