ForumHero-san and Former General-san discussion

joined Oct 17, 2014

Anyone else wondering what the "CP" in the gattai form's name means?

It's basically Japanese slang for ship: https://japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/33341/whats-a-ship-called-in-japan

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Anyone else wondering what the "CP" in the gattai form's name means?

It's basically Japanese slang for ship: https://japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/33341/whats-a-ship-called-in-japan

I love how this manga is just getting gayer as we dig into it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

She was never even that evil, she's just here for the yuri.

TBF the Generals in general (...sorry) come across as far more amoral than actively malign - they don't particularly care one way or another about humans getting hurt, but unlike their boss clearly aren't terribly invested in the whole invasion business either and prefer to just pursue their geekyquirky personal interests if left to their own devices.

...kind of makes you wonder what the Antinoids' whole backstory is but this isn't a genre noted for fleshing out that kinda stuff is it?

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kyouka used to be more evil before she got tainted by otaku culture and Melt Out designs drugs and weapons for a living, but yeah, you're right. Cool Down's hobby of stalking yuri couples is basically just as selfish as the other generals' goals. Can't really say I blame her, though.

Tokusatsu villains can have pretty detailed backstories and motivations, at least the important ones that aren't monsters of the week. And in a few series, like Liveman, the bad guys arguably have more character development and story than the heroes. It depends on the series, really.

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 1:58PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

I was not expecting that.

20191227_223541
joined Dec 27, 2019

We came so far my fellow's yuri lovers!! I tried to feel bad for X-san and her unrequited for Honey-san but... idgf lol. Now that Hayate finally realized she is in love with honey-san and now they are having that romantic vibe/aura if they don't kiss I think I'll go on a rampage lmao

Hima%20frame
joined Dec 25, 2018

oh nice i love steven universe

Hima%20frame
joined Dec 25, 2018

@Brazka same hat!!

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I want X to get herself a nice human girlfriend. Maybe she'd get badly hurt in a battle and get treated by a cute girl. She (X) would slowly start to hate humans (or at least her girlfriend) less. Then she'd stop fighting Hayate and Honey and instead go on double dates with her girlfriend and Hayate and Honey. I know it sounds cliched as heck, but I'd still like to see it happen.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Ughhh say it to each other already

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

How long will this manga continue, anyway? This had a big final battle feel to it.

Stardusttelepath2
joined Oct 15, 2014

How long will this manga continue, anyway? This had a big final battle feel to it.

Given that this was a climatic battle on a chapter divisible by five, we've got at least another volume of five chapters to look forward to.

Screenshot_2019-08-14%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20sunami%20yuuko%20to%20yuri%20na%20hitobito%20ch07
joined Aug 12, 2019

THE POWER OF GAY COMPELS YOU!!

OH HALLELYURI!!! I'M FEEL THE GAY WITHIN ME!!!

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I love that this ending scene is basically a reference to another very gay fusion form and finisher, Ryuuga and Sento's Cross-Z Build form and the Love & Peace finish

(Btw if anyone is interested in tokusatsu or Kamen Rider, I heavily recommend Kamen Rider Build)

https://youtu.be/S_IUIXhdbPA?t=495

EDIT: IIRC, they even shout something like (paraphrasing) "We'll beat you because when we're together, we are the best match!!" which is a more subtle version of what happens here.

last edited at Aug 19, 2020 10:17PM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well right now we have an interesting love triangle involving Honey in it: Honey/Hayate and Honey/X. Hayate really needs to have X fall for her too. Then we can have a mutual love triangle involving Hayate, X, and Honey. It also means that X won't be lonely and not have a girlfriend.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I require an anime adaptation. Or, if they wanna stay true to the manga's roots, give us a proper live action adaption. I'd be happy either way, though anime would have a higher likelihood of actually happening

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I guess Viz does not have the monopoly on horrible English title choices...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Seriously, who picks the English titles for those licensed series?
They suck so much...

joined Jun 12, 2015

Series got licensed by Seven Seas

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2020/08/26/from-enemies-to-partners-seven-seas-licenses-superwomen-in-love-yuri-manga-series/

The fuck is that title.

Yeah. It should be "STRONG WOMEN IN LOVE!".

Stardusttelepath2
joined Oct 15, 2014

Series got licensed by Seven Seas

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2020/08/26/from-enemies-to-partners-seven-seas-licenses-superwomen-in-love-yuri-manga-series/

The fuck is that title.

Yeah. It should be "STRONG WOMEN IN LOVE!".

All woman are strong.

Roar%20small
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ok, I just binged through the whole thing in a sitting and I'm in awe at how good it is. Beautiful artwork, gay as fuck adult ladies (I was legit surprised to find that Hayate is 21 years old though) and a perfect balance of silliness, action, and romance. It reminds me of a sillier and less sexual Gamma. All characters are amazing and surprisingly well written although yeah, that previous chapter felt a lot like an ending and it certainly it feels like is entering the final stretch, I hope I'm wrong. But I will definitely be picking up the volumes once they're out in English.

joined Jan 19, 2017

This is quite generic to be honest, but that's okay, it's not aspiring to be more than a fun yurified superhero manga. It is indeed very similar to Gamma. I personally would prefer having more of the angst and drama, but it's cute as it is. I'll see it through to the end.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

picked up Kamen Rider Build because of this series, maybe ill draw Rapid Rabbit and Steel Moonsault Build some time

To reply you must either login or sign up.