joined Mar 28, 2015

It's running in circles.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'd say it's still believable to a certain extent

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Really..... Has the writer just got no clue on what to do so is just hashing out the same punchline

It's not funny and is getting boring now

joined Aug 22, 2016

Really..... Has the writer just got no clue on what to do so is just hashing out the same punchline

It's not funny and is getting boring now

I may be mistaken but didn't Kano resolve herself not to accept any confession even if it were genuine? She's afraid that even if Miyuu is being serious that in the end she may lose her altogether if they start dating.

If Miyuu were to say "I don't mean it like that manga! I'm serious about you!" I could see Kano responding by saying something like such a situation being a good idea for story thus shutting down Miyuu again. I see this as Miyuu having to learn that no matter how she phrases her love she'll be rejected because the issue is much more fundamental than just getting her feelings across.

last edited at Dec 22, 2018 5:19AM

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

oh my god just tell her it's not for a manga why is this so hard to understand

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohh gawd.. explain it to her properly god damn it

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

That's the best advice I ever seen.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"The advice from Miyuu's friends worked like a charm."

... the heck? Says who???
As far as I can tell, Kano-chin is still as oblivious as before and they are back at the starting place. Author-san, your definition of "work like a charm" has some problems. >_<

it did work like a charm... charms dont do anything

Haha. Good one! ^_^d

That's the best advice I ever seen.

They have sex.

“Now we can draw a sex scene for our manga!”

joined May 1, 2013

They have sex.

“Now we can draw a sex scene for our manga!”

I would get on board if this manga gets totally batshit and they have a relationship and get married and adopt children and all the while one of them totally believes it's all just so they know how to draw similar scenes in their manga.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

karp posted:

I would get on board if this manga gets totally batshit and they have a relationship and get married and adopt children and all the while one of them totally believes it's all just so they know how to draw similar scenes in their manga.

So basically they would play chicken xP? After third child, Kano would be like "Ok, it's too gay, let's stop. I got enough material for manga."

last edited at Dec 22, 2018 2:45PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So basically they would play chicken xP? After third child, Kano would be like "Ok, it's too gay, let's stop. I got enough material for manga."

There's never enough material for a manga.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

I'm going to shoot myself Jesus Christ where tf is the "Denser than a diamond" tag?

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Kano really lost all her hopes. First of all, the pretend boyfriend thing was really gay since the start, and she can't even realize it, what a dummy.
Maybe Miyuu is really going to try doing things, like kiss her. And then Kano will be confused like "I can't stand doing this with you, we can't pretend anymore".

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm going to shoot myself Jesus Christ where tf is the "Denser than a diamond" tag?

Diamond is hard, not particularly dense. These two are getting pretty close to degenerate matter tho.

joined Nov 27, 2017

They're both super fucking dense, but the relationship is clearly progressing. I wish it was less dragged out, but Miyuu is actively pursuing this rather than trying to keep up a farce like Kano was. That's a huge difference.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

They're both super fucking dense, but the relationship is clearly progressing.

no is not it´s been the fucking same thing for 3 chapters not a single thing has changed between miyuu and kano since miyuu realize her feelings

I wish it was less dragged out, but Miyuu is actively pursuing this rather than trying to keep up a farce like Kano was. That's a huge difference.

also not if your half ass actions leads to nothing is the same as doing nothing this whole situation could be solved by the caracters not being complete morons miyuu just have to say" kano-chin i love you, no this is not for our manga i love you not as a friend i want to go out with you hold hands kiss you and maybe have sex"
for fucks sake kobayashi_san maid dragon did it on the fist 10 minutes of the first chapter

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Diamond is hard, not particularly dense. These two are getting pretty close to degenerate matter tho.

Heh. So, if Kal-El is the Man of Steel, perhaps these two should be called the Girls of Neutronium?

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This manga is much less worst to read when you have no expectations for any development whatsoever, and it didn't disappoint. ( -- - -- )

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow

Edit: @benja please calm down. Are you seriously attacking a comedy manga for trying to have development while taking it easy? It's actually progressing faster than most romance series, whether het or homo.

last edited at Dec 23, 2018 10:56PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Oh wow

Edit: @benja please calm down. Are you seriously attacking a comedy manga for trying to have development while taking it easy? It's actually progressing faster than most romance series, whether het or homo.

I'd have to agree with you there, someone has a bit of a short temper

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

And I agree with benja.

I feel like I've been reading the same chapter over and over. This narrative is ridiculous to me. It's not at all funny. No development. It's not easy. It's bad. (It was better before...whatever this arc is, but that feels like forever ago.)

One of my favorite yuri manga is Fluttering Feelings. I have no problem with slow. And I've read funny manga as well. The execution here is just poor.

If you enjoy this, fine. I find it frustrating. That's fine too.

To say someone has a "short temper" for strongly disliking something they've read seems a bit premature to me. The language benja used was colorful, but those words were used to describe the characters and situations presented in the manga. I'd find this forum much less interesting if everyone expressed the same thing and agreed all the time.

We're all free to react however we want. We are all sharing our feelings. I'd prefer we kept them directed toward the story.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm there's certainly something wrong with this, is undeniable... Remember when we were reading Shinozaki san or Swap x Swap? they keep using the same trick over and over and over again, but you know? only after 25 or 30 chapters I felt "uhhhhh... this is getting boring" because it was starting to feel silly.

The fact that this manga managed to feel silly for many of us with only 2 chapters using the same trick is proof enough that it wasn't handled well... Someone said "It's normal for gag mangas to do stuff like this!" yeah... But done well.

"is because Kanochi is afraid" that should be a solid reason except that Miyu totally ruined her chance to explain and hasn't made any progress trying to fix that

Here, when she confessed for real, it was her chance to say "no, not for the manga" ... but no, she didn't and now Kanochi is 100% sure that she's doing it for reference only and all that comes next are the same.

So, because Miyu is unable to comprehended something so basic, I guess we have to wait until someone snaps and leaves the team without explaining reasons and then come back together in a dramatic fashion.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Their rabu senses were tingling...

Okay, I still feel like the humor here is close, but I think the major problem with this was the setup. It didn't need to take 10 chapters for us to notice Miyuu has feelings for Kano in return, if the main goal of the series was to get to this gimmick. If it had happened in the first 4 chapters and every chapter since had been Miyuu trying (and failing miserably) to confess, maybe more people would feel differently about this. The fact there was an attempt at some possibly serious underlying plot (I'm too lazy to go back and look up her name, but the crossdressing stuff) just makes this current state of things slightly confusing. What does this series want to be? We'll find out...maybe...eventually...
Or not, it's cool. I'll still keep reading it.

Admittedly, I did burst out laughing at Miyuu's derpy face on 12, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.