joined Apr 30, 2016
79516282_p0

Ooh. STAR is the top here

roachjack7
Image Comments 17 Feb 07:24
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Ek4awsnuuaaevuv-orig

Never really gave this pairing much thought, but man... this couple gets some A-grade artworks. Now I'm a fan.

roachjack7
Image Comments 06 Feb 23:54
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
77529865_p1

This is beautiful in every way <3

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Phew...I was beginning to think translation/updates from this series stopped for good. Such a wholesome chapter <3 Hopefully, we get more than 1 a year.

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Also how did lizard senpai get pictures from opposite sides of Kou and Nene (in one picture Kou is on the right side and Nene is on the left, and in another they're swapped) while staying a sufficient enough distance away to not get caught in her spying? Edit: I just realized Kou and Nene could have rotated...I was too caught up in imagining senpai snapping a pic, then making a mad dash as stealthily as possible in a large arc around them to get them from the other side for no reason.

Now you've got me imagining it too. It'd be interesting if she actually did make that stealthy mad dash to take those pictures :D

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

I smell a good series on the horizon.

(nodding in agreement) hm... I think you have a keen sense of smell ;)

roachjack7
Image Comments 14 Apr 22:56
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
68495105_p0

I'm a fan of this artist. He draws such sweet stuff <3

roachjack7
Image Comments 09 Apr 13:39
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
64125268_p0

Their bond will never be broken even if the Captain touched them many times!!! (Which is me... XD)

I think it's safe to say there's a whole horde of us "molesters" lol, but yeah, Kallen x Sakura forever. They're my favourite pairing in the Honkaiverse. I just wish they had a happy end together

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 1:41PM

roachjack7
Image Comments 09 Apr 13:24
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
68895046_p0

I learnt more about the Honkai lore from these comments than from the actual game. But maybe it's because I haven't seen anything related except HI3. Nice art tho.

roachjack7
Image Comments 06 Apr 12:42
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Mcdonalds

It's been a while since I last saw a diakko fanart this lovely.

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Seeing this manga end leaves a tiny bit of sadness somewhere in my heart, but I guess all good things must come to an end. And this cute closing chapter was a good way to conclude what has been a wonderful 5 yrs journey. Next emotional farewell will probably be Yagakimi's end, but there's plenty of time before that hits, thankfully.

Btw,

Let's pick a movie with a lot of explosions, next time.

I see Moe is a Michael Bay fan, kek.

roachjack7
Image Comments 22 Mar 02:07
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
D0zn_uquyaaizvl-orig

This is some wallpaper material

roachjack7
Image Comments 22 Mar 02:07
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Rekka

Wow. Yukari looks so doting and patient.

roachjack7
Image Comments 09 Mar 22:11
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Dvrattrvoaabu1y-orig

Comparing it to Monet sure is right. Nice impressioniste art.

I second this.

roachjack7
Image Comments 08 Mar 04:47
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
66748711_p0

Just the kind of art I love <3

roachjack7
Image Comments 08 Mar 04:47
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Tumblr_owzov7zsrj1re8kupo1_1280

Is this the same artist who drew the illustration for Bloom Into Yuu Anthology? The art style looks similar ...but I'm not sure.

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Preview time!

Only one left after this one… I can't believe I followed and translated this series from beginning to end for 5 years. I'm gonna miss it. ;___;

So am I. Thank you for all those years of patience and hard work.

This series has a special place in my heart. It's strange, but I feel really happy that it's coming to an end.

Seconded.

roachjack7
Image Comments 11 Feb 04:17
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Hime

I would've sworn they were Yumeko and Mary from Kakegurui, had I not seen the tags beforehand. I really like this artist's style though. I haven't seen any other piece like this, at least for LL.

roachjack7
Image Comments 11 Feb 04:12
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Dnxqu6du0aanaqn-orig%20(1)

This evokes some good memories. Been more than a decade since I first watched this series. Still love these two just as much as I did back then <3

roachjack7
Image Comments 11 Feb 04:12
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Dxwsnoavsaas242-orig

Sad as it may be, this is beautifully drawn. I saw this a few days ago on pixiv (I think).

roachjack7
Image Comments 11 Feb 03:57
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Dypdcqvuyaeb5np-orig

This feels kinda foreshadowing now that S2 has been announced (really grateful for that btw).

roachjack7
Image Comments 11 Feb 03:51
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
Dxqgfhmu8aav_p--orig

but Morgan's says "join in"...

That devilish smile of hers has me believe she doesn't actually mean any of it. More like, "You wanna join?" and then, "Well, too bad" or "Of course you do 3:)" XD

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 3:52AM

roachjack7
Image Comments 07 Jan 12:24
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016
72310054_p0

I guess this meme was inevitable. Still, Sayaka's expression makes it hard for me to even chuckle.

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

That’s why Yuu is way too good than her. Unlike Sayaka who just waited, Yuu took action genuinely for Touko’s sake. Yuu didn’t cow to step up and extended her hands to the “person” that Touko tried to hid first even they only met for months. Yuu accepted all her contradictions. Yuu accepted who Touko is— both sides. Everything of her. Even though, this is what Sayaka is up doing now, she was late.

You almost sound like you think of Sayaka as an opportunist. Let's not disregard the fact that Sayaka has been supporting Touko all along in her goal of becoming her perfect self. She admires Touko's perseverance in achieving her ideals, that's what she loves about her (Ch. 12) and in that, she's supported her love amply. Everyone has their own opinion of what's best for their loved ones, Sayaka simply had hers.

Her only major flaw I find worth mentioning is that she was reluctant to pry into Touko's personal matters, in fear of ruining their relationship and never considering what lies past that initial turbulence might be something better for both of them. However, whatever she found out about Touko on her own, she did accept. She didn't just fall out of love after learning of Touko's meek and unreliable side. She doesn't seem to know Touko hates herself (I doubt she'd endorse that mindset if she'd known). How would she? Touko on her own, never really confided her inner struggles to Sayaka, like she did with Yuu, though that may be a result of her enabling Touko for so long.

I'm not trying to dispute Yuu's pro activeness in her relationship with Touko as she did do a lot to bring Touko out of the dark and it's what makes her our most beloved character in the manga. But as I see it, Yuu's affection for Touko has always been gradual in its development. During first few months, she put up with Touko's every antics because she's highly tolerant and later joined the stuco and helped Touko out of her kindness, and grew fond of her with each passing day until she was nearly certain the emotion that'd been growing inside her heart was indeed love (Ch. 32). So we can't really say one was "late" than the other IMO. "Accepting everything of Touko" has different meanings for Sayaka and Yuu.

roachjack7
Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

How do you improve upon an already fabulous source material?

I think Bloom into You's anime adaptation qualifies as the answer. Excellent never-tempted-to-rush pacing, smart scene composition, beautiful art and sound direction all come together to make this captivating journey of all these grounded characters a bliss to watch. Ep. 13 was one fantastic way to end the season. I'll be basking in its afterglow for a while.

PS - And a new chapter is right around the corner. What a time to be alive!