Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Yeah. And when she finally asked her

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The thing is... in the novel, the Salamander and the Frog don't date.

The Salamander imprisoned the Frog because it was feeling lonely, being unable to leave its cave.

In the end, the Frog can't leave, even if it wanted to, it accepted its fate. Somehow, they became friends.

Super Friends.

When I said that your synopsis of the story of the Salamander and the Frog sounded like a metaphor for unrequited love I didn't necessarily mean that it was also a perfect fit for the dynamic between our two main characters although it is pretty close.

Basically, the Salamander is lonely and sad because it can't leave it's cave and it wants company. The part about the Salamander being stuck in its cave is a metaphor for shyness. When the story describes the Salamander as having trapped the frog, it's a great analogy for the Salamander having captured the Frog's heart. The reason I think this story describes an unrequited love is the part about how the Frog is starving.

The Frog has been ensnared by her love for the Salamander making her unable to leave the Salamander's side even though the Frog is dying for her feelings to be returned. The Salamander is either unaware or unwilling to let the Frog go because it is lonely and enjoys the Frog's company even though the Frog is slowly withering away as it starves for something more.

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 7:58AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Almost . . . we’re almost there . . . just a little teeny-tiny bit more . . . can’t be too long now . . . . here we go . . .keep watching . . .

Um, I’d say about 5 more chapters.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

subtext
sure

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Push, push and she returns push, push, push. Lol. Why are they so cute together? Just a bit bit bit more... we gonna reach it.........

I can’t wait to see the next chapter of their closeness as super friends. Lol

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

subtext
sure

My thoughts exactly.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

It’s been 14 chapters, I think it’s about time you do ask her smh

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch14#26
This is hella gay

Also, “I won’t get homesick” looks at Konatsu’s back “or will I?” That’s mega gay

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 8:56AM

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

I refuse to believe this is gonna be just a super friendship...

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

That 'Push Push Push' scene could have easily led to something dramatic. Tsundere shoveback, kabedon, trip and fall onto each other...

We got treated, however, to the ever eternal bliss of subtext. Just a gentle 'Push Push Push' back with lewd blushing.

Anything else out there that is so wholesome that you don't want it to end?

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 9:19AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

The gayness continues!

I see the cracks in the subtext it can't hold the yuri back for long.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I don’t even remotely understand how this could be considered just subtext anymore

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

It’s not gay guys! Can’t you see that tag? ITS NOT GAY.

They just want to be together forever. Like fiends are want to do. That’s normal... right?

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Yeah. And when she finally asked her

This puts the super friendship of stretch to shame.
...I’m not still bitter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If they're gonna be separated at some point, let the ending be a time skip like "Notes From the Garden of Lilies"

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, there seems to be a plausible argument that their talking about her father's job and uncertainty about what'd happen after high school could indicate a classic Japanese manga ending where they separate (father comes back, she moves back to Tokyo...) and then meet again after college or whatever.

Would be too funny if they both had a girlfriend then.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

SUBTEXT yeah sure...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Just become a full-blown Yuri series already, YagaKimi is in the same magazine as you.

Well, there seems to be a plausible argument that their talking about her father's job and uncertainty about what'd happen after high school could indicate a classic Japanese manga ending where they separate (father comes back, she moves back to Tokyo...) and then meet again after college or whatever.

Would be too funny if they both had a girlfriend then.

I refuse, I want them to date each other.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

it's just super friendship guys, the author will pull a man chu eventually....

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think the author is keeping the readers on their toes on purpose. Or it's the editor's choice: "keep it on the razor line, it will last longer".

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I've always wondered what sets romance apart from just an emotionally and intellectually intimate friendship. People keep telling me you can have asexual romances, but the only thing I can see that really sets a romance apart from an emotionally intimate friendship is the sexual dimension to the relationship.

The only difference I see between somebody I am close intimate friends with and somebody I am in a romantic relationship with is the fact there is a physical dimension and attraction present in the case of a romance. If you go by the definition I see some people use which includes non sexual but emotionally intimate relationships as being romantic then I think these two girl's qualify.

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 3:27PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Koyoki is over qualified

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

THE GAYEST THING

SINCE GAY

CAME TO GAYTOWN

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 5:04PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If you remove your yuri goggles, this is only a BFF relationship in construction.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

The story it's about Koyuki-senpai struggles to confess her friendship to Konatsu-chan, but there's a part of me rooting for Kaede-chan to steal Konatsu-chan's friendship from Koyuki-senpai, even though Kaede-chan already has Yamagishi and Kondou as her friends although the idea them all become friends it's not bad at all

joined Oct 3, 2014

I've always wondered what sets romance apart from just an emotionally and intellectually intimate friendship. People keep telling me you can have asexual romances, but the only thing I can see that really sets a romance apart from an emotionally intimate friendship is the sexual dimension to the relationship.

The only difference I see between somebody I am close intimate friends with and somebody I am in a romantic relationship with is the fact there is a physical dimension and attraction present in the case of a romance. If you go by the definition I see some people use which includes non sexual but emotionally intimate relationships as being romantic then I think these two girl's qualify.

I have the exact same question, but from the other perspective. What sets romance apart from an emotionally and intellectually intimate friendship? I experience no difference between the two. I think that's one way to look at what it means to have an asexual romance.

To someone who experiences sexual attraction, the sexual dimension may be an integral part of a relationship. To someone who doesn't experience sexual attraction, the sexual dimension can be as important as a pebble kicked onto the driveway of some stranger's house you pass by, i.e. not at all relevant to a relationship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.