Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

How utterly fuckin gay, I love it. Honami’s gay ass better confess to Amano soon, my gay heart can’t take much more of this. Even Honami’s Dad ships them. Hell, I bet everyone around them knows they’re gay (including us readers) except for them.
Also, Amano needs to call PETA on that one fish. Nobody is gonna bully George and get away with it

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Ahhhhh this friendship is soooo pure. Purifies my whole being. XDD

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Is this series licensed for release in the US?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So it turns out that among all the many different kinds of people and places in Tokyo there’s an entire school devoted to yurifying Koyuki Honami.

Because that’s what it takes.

This story is like one of those circus-type acts where they blow up a giant bubble of friendship and you just can’t believe it as the friendship bubble gets bigger and bigger and bigger and you’re sure that at the very next moment the friendship bubble will finally just have to pop but it still doesn’t, and then when it finally does pop you see it turn into:

A rainbow.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The father knows very well

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seriously, this may be the most delightful manga chapter ever featuring the main characters being sad and lonely.

That’s partly because we know things are ultimately going to be all right. After all, when in this chapter alone we have a dad, a salamander, a shark, the home ec club, a random schoolgirl passing by on the street, and the clerks who stock the shelves at the Tokyo aquarium gift shop all shipping their brains out for the main characters, how could things not turn out all right?

EDIT:

The father knows very well

OMG, the dad? The dad is all but slipping health department pamphlets on “You Might Be a Lesbian—And That’s OK!!” into her tourist guidebook.

last edited at Nov 2, 2018 12:59PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Why are these two not dating yet? :'(
This manga is so good. <3

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I'm telling you, it's lizard

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

The fears and anxiety to know whether or not if that girl hanging around with you it is really your friend or not

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So much hnnnnnnng

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This story is just killing me with its perfect mix of cuteness and low-key angst. Koyuki has finally armed herself for a confession of sorts... I wonder if we get another cliffhanger at this volume's end?

joined May 7, 2017

This story is just killing me with its perfect mix of cuteness and low-key angst. Koyuki has finally armed herself for a confession of sorts... I wonder if we get another cliffhanger at this volume's end?

Confession of friendship? Agreed, and long overdue at that. Let the lady knows they're friends

joined Apr 1, 2017

At this point Koyuki can't pretend to not know that what she's feeling isn't friendship. My poor lizard heart can't fucking take it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Peccata posted:

At this point Koyuki can't pretend to not know that what she's feeling isn't friendship. My poor lizard heart can't fucking take it.

Well, when she's thinking about "There's no deep meaning behind it" she is DEFINITELY thinking about the meaning behind it and knows very well what she wants it to be, or else she wouldn't be so scared, after all, they're already friends.

A
joined May 24, 2013

We are reaching levels of platonic friendship that shouldn't even be possible

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

this manga giving me ulcer!

84e6a6e7-57b4-46e6-b387-5a9bd44d45ef
joined Oct 10, 2014

If this was any gayer it would be Utena

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

We are reaching levels of platonic friendship that shouldn't even be possible

They are now BEST FRIENDS

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

These comments are killing me

Also I have to say that I love George. What a fucking pimp

Umi_smol
joined May 1, 2016

You know Konatsu is a Tokyo Girl when her profile pic is her with a dog filter

Jokes aside: now that I read "The Salamander" (anything for the yuri.), I feel like I can finally give my opinion on the manga. And honestly I think the "Subtext" tag can't be anymore accurate of what the manga does...
I really like the many references to Ibuse Masuji's short story - though it feels like it's completely based on it when it comes to Koyuki and Konatsu's relationship. (Sorry if I'm about to repeat something that was already said in the previous comments)

Long story short (though it's a short story.), "The Salamander" allows the reader to interpret the salamander and the frog's relationship however they want. It doesn't set in stone what they think of each other at the end of it, only their dialogues and actions are written down. This is pretty much the same here. We have countless "flags" of Koyuki having her friendship with Konatsu going over 9000, but it feels like the Yuri Goddess swore to secrecy until one of the girls actually say something directly. That, and the lilies blooming in the background.
So honestly, even if it's frustrating, it feels like the author just wants to give the same freedom of interpretation as "The Salamander"...

... and then Kaede turns out to be the main love interest, that'd be perfect

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

... and then Kaede turns out to be the main love interest, that'd be perfect

Kaede is already in a committed Subtextual relationship.

joined May 7, 2017

She has multiples same-sex friendshipial relationships

Umi_smol
joined May 1, 2016

Yeah, at some point Konatsu's frienship was stronger with Kaede than Koyuki lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, at some point Konatsu's frienship was stronger with Kaede than Koyuki lol

But only because she recognized a fellow super friendship bottom.

I don’t think Konatsu is a person who could give Kaede all the scolding and cheek-squeezing she needs in a fulfilling long-term relationship.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

But only because she recognized a fellow super friendship bottom.

Kaede-chan has that lively, over-agitated persona which makes me believe she's actually a topper, you know, when you're sleeping at your friend's house and you learn your friend has a bunk bed, for sure she's gonna top you by sleeping at the top, that kind of friendly stuff.

I don’t think Konatsu is a person who could give Kaede all the scolding and cheek-squeezing she needs in a fulfilling long-term relationship.

that may be, but there will be feeding for sure

To reply you must either login or sign up.