Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Staring at your “friend’s” sleeping face for 2 hours.

Yeah, they're superfriends.

joined Oct 5, 2016

One of the things that's really charmed me about this series is how present the parents are. Like Koyuki's parents already seem like they have a way better idea of what's going on with their daughter's [subtext] than Koyuki herself does. It's not an idea that yuri normally ever tackles, that parents would actually support the relationship. But like dad's been pretty much shipping them from the start, and mom kinda seems like she's realized something this chapter, too.

Like it's just taking an already cute, fluffy story and making it that much sweeter.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Nya-chan posted:

I actually looked up "Salamander" by Asuji Ibuse and it's a really depressing story. It's a parabola about depression and loneliness actually.

The frog is trapped by the Salamander and is slowly dying.

It's about their acceptance of their fate: being trapped and dying.

... I don't think this manga is going to follow that route, after all... She wouldn't mind being a frog.

"I don't mind you trapping and slowly starving me" is a thing friends say

it's skinship, guys

Nettaigyo with the unexpected hard swerve into S&M

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

What does she even do for that 2 hours? Hmmmm

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

What does she even do for that 2 hours? Hmmmm

You know what she did ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lily%20season1
joined Feb 4, 2013

I honestly can't wait for the next chapter, like are they gonna delve into Koyuki's realization of Konatsu's feelings?? or is the mangaka gonna give us more angst??

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is so cute. Just read all current chapters. <3.
It's very gay too. lol

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

What's the deal with the frog and salamander tho? Is it a story irl? Let's say I've forget some part of the story since it took a while for the new chapter to come out (not complaining), also my brain sucks. Somebody explain it to me please.

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 8:11AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hatshuharu posted:

What's the deal with the frog and salamander tho? Is it a story irl? Let's say I've forget some part of the story since it took a while for the new chapter to come out (not complaining), also my brain sucks. Somebody explain it to me please.

It's a classic of Japanese literature, often taught in school. "Salamander" by Masuji Ibuse.

It's a story about loneliness and depression, though there may be hope in companionship to alleviate it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hatshuharu posted:

It's a classic of Japanese literature, often taught in school. "Salamander" by Masuji Ibuse.

It's a story about loneliness and depression, though there may be hope in companionship to alleviate it.

I think the series is leaning heavily on that "hope in companionship" thing here, and the overall traditional Japanese "poignant beauty in despair and ultimate death" theme, not so much.

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 10:35AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wouldn't mind if Koyuki locks the door of the aquarium and says "I'm sorry but I can't let you go home now... [heavy breathing] Is just you and me here " and then they change the water of the fish tanks together as finale, just to recreate the Salamander's story to some degree.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Konatsu was being flirty as heck in this chapter. Two hours of quiet admiration and such a sweet and adorable little talk afterwards.

Suggesting to Koyuki that it wouldn't be bad at all to be the frog to her salamander and get stuck with her under her blanket forever, which was her "cave" in this scene... And then playfully trolling her with the "coming out" theme as well.

Even our rock-dense Koyuki managed to put two and two together after she left. :)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just re-read the entire series, and now the phrase, “Do you like salamanders?” has become incredibly lewd.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yep, that was like the 5th time? I've re-read the entire series as well...what am I saying fifth time? More like 20th time..

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 3:02PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I honestly can't wait for the next chapter, like are they gonna delve into Koyuki's realization of Konatsu's feelings?? or is the mangaka gonna give us more angst??

about konatsu´s feelings? koyuki alredy know about konatsu´s feelings of F R I E N D S H I P

joined Aug 16, 2014

*sniffles * this was a good pick me up after reading chapter 35 of bloom into you

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

It's a story about loneliness and depression

Why hello there, that sounds like my story.

Wesaweverything
joined Jul 21, 2016

One of the things that's really charmed me about this series is how present the parents are.
Like it's just taking an already cute, fluffy story and making it that much sweeter.

I adore yuri stories with loving and accepting friends and family, it really makes me happy for the characters.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Was that a confession?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm yelling at my screen

y'all are so fucking friends, every chapter is about how much they cant contain their friendness, just come out as friends already!!!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It hadn't even registered with me that Konatsu has been wearing a different school's uniform the whole time...

joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm yelling at my screen

y'all are so fucking friends, every chapter is about how much they cant contain their friendness, just come out as friends already!!!

Haha, I was almost doing the same!

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

You’ve got to love that “subtext”, it’s “barely” a “hint” of “romance”. Clearly this will only lead to a “wholesome friendship”. Only “friends” want to be kidnapped and spend the rest of their lives together.

last edited at Oct 5, 2018 5:35AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yesyes, they'll be bridesmaids at each other's weddings, visit when they give birth to their first kids, be there when there's some trouble with their husbands, help out when there's something bad like a funeral going on, or the other's kid/s get sick ...

It's all very clear.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I woke up fron bed with a smile and a fluffy feeling thanks to this manga : )

To reply you must either login or sign up.