Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined Apr 25, 2017

How much do you bet that during this trip, they are going to cross path with Rei-kun and his mistress?

I bet my watch that it's not going to happen

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yellow flag in a relationship: “We need to talk.”
Red flag in relationship: “I’m tired and going to bed” instead of resuming important conversation.

(Yeah, I know—if Kaoru really has something to say, ultimately it’s her responsibility to spit it out. But when your partner clearly needs to say something but is having trouble saying it, blatant avoidance in response is not a good sign. At all.)

I don't think he was trying to avoid a conversation with Kaoru. I think he was just put into a really bad mood after getting a call from his father?

joined Aug 11, 2014

Yeah, this whole thing of... "My wife asked to sit down and discuss something important, going as far as requesting it specifically in the morning, and then waiting for me to get back from work late so we would have the chance to properly talk. Oh, there's a phone call from my dad. Mm? You want to meet him? Nah, that's fine, you don't need to get to know my parents. Anyway, that's it for today, I'm going to bed now, bye."

Like, dude. What are you doing? Entirely aside from brushing off the idea that your wife would have a reason to meet your goddamn parents, did you just forget that she had something to say? Are you deliberately avoiding her, or does she really register so little in your mind? The strong possibility that he's cheating is almost immaterial at this point, he's such a shitty husband that it's not even worth pretending that the relationship is still functional.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

Oh, and stepfather is a mistranslation. To Kaoru he's her father-in-law.

Unless the page got changed after this post, that was Kaoru saying "your stepfather"..

last edited at Feb 25, 2018 12:27PM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Well better slow than nothing.

But really, this will probably not have a happy end for Uta-chans love story, but you cannot stop reading it. That's great I have not enjoyed such a yuri manga since a long time.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Unless the page got changed after this post, that was Kaoru saying "your stepfather"..

Which is wrong.

What she said in Japanese was basically "Dad" (otou-san) but with kanji to indicate that what she meant by that was her father-in-law. The kanji can also mean stepfather, but that's a wrong interpretation.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Oh the gears are turning now. Something always happens on trips.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

How much do you bet that during this trip, they are going to cross path with Rei-kun and his mistress?

I bet my watch that it's not going to happen

I dunno. Reiichi and Uta have a pattern of sharing interests, and if Kaoru lets Uta pick where they go.... (Or if it's someplace Kaoru and Reiichi had always talked about going...)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, this whole thing of... "My wife asked to sit down and discuss something important, going as far as requesting it specifically in the morning, and then waiting for me to get back from work late so we would have the chance to properly talk. Oh, there's a phone call from my dad. Mm? You want to meet him? Nah, that's fine, you don't need to get to know my parents. Anyway, that's it for today, I'm going to bed now, bye."

Like, dude. What are you doing? Entirely aside from brushing off the idea that your wife would have a reason to meet your goddamn parents, did you just forget that she had something to say? Are you deliberately avoiding her, or does she really register so little in your mind? The strong possibility that he's cheating is almost immaterial at this point, he's such a shitty husband that it's not even worth pretending that the relationship is still functional.

I'm going to call it. He got a call from Risako. If you accept the indications that he's been cheating, then it's obvious Risako has been doing power moves all over the place because she resents that he married Kaoru, so of course she'd call and demand his time off from work with her. He agreed, because he's spineless, came up with a hasty excuse, and now he can't look Kaoru in the eye because he feels guilty about lying to her. (He's probably also aware that the longer they talk the more likely she is to box him into a corner) When he says "My dad is just being selfish" he's actually talking about himself.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I feel like he doesn't want Kaoru to meet them because of their past history. Kaoru did mention once that she felt guilty for a certain incident regarding Uta's family that made Uta unable to trust the adults around her.

joined Feb 13, 2018

It's so heart-wrenching watching Kaoru try all of these different things to distract herself from her insecurity. I'm happy she seems to be finally resolved in doing something about her situation, though.

Pretty sure Reiichi dodging the conversation is a sign he's gonna meet with Risako over the new year and knows Kaoru is suspecting something's up.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

What does she see in this guy because no way is the dick that good

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

What does she see in this guy because no way is the dick that good

Perhaps it has to do with how he was in the past, like a teenage love that came true when he finally accepted to date and the marry her. That said, even Kaoru herself is struggling to tell what she finds in the guy when she's talking with her friends (with the probable mistress joining them afterwards). So there is something fishy in here.

I really hope that "dark secret" is worth it and will help make sense of a lot of stuff. I like the idea that was thrown in here that Kaoru is actually fond of Uta and unconsciously wanted to stay close to her via Reiichi, but that's a bit far-fetched.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Pffft, they are very likely going to spot him and the other "friend" together during the trip. Classic.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Pffft, they are very likely going to spot him and the other "friend" together during the trip. Classic.

I hope so, even better if they confront each other. If it's going to be messy it might as well have a nice fight, and honestly I want Reiichi to DIAF or at least get dumped by Kaoru. I want to see a divorce by the end of this, cause that guy is a dick of dicks.

Honestly, I am more convinced with every chapter that the unrequited love here is really Kaoru's more than Uta's. Uta has half a chance, Kaoru has none. I could see a yuri end but there is no way at all that there can be a happy marriage end for Kaoru and Reiichi.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

A weird thought on cheating and divorce - this is not a situation where he has a girl "on the side" but makes all the major events with his wife. This is a situation where he doesn't love his wife and has skipped every. damn. thing. It's also a love marriage rather than one of convenience, they didn't marry for economic or practical reasons (at least on Kaoru's end).

These being the case, there really isn't anything there to salvage. You can't fix what isn't there in the first place. So divorce it is.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Shit, I am honestly a bit happy to see it goes in this direction. The more of a jerk Reiichi is, the higher chance that they will divorce and the more likely Uta and Kaoru will have a happy ending. And I agree with what adamatari said, it makes more sense that the unrequited love is on Kaoru considering that she is so desperately chasing after her childhood friend (who shows more signs of disinterest than me during the birthday of a distant relative lol)

Fbphoto
joined Feb 26, 2018

That would be an interesting twist, but let's see what's really happening here. Reiichi-kun might not actually be cheating. We just don't know yet. Like, okay, it's weird for the lesbian to be pulling for the het ship, but until he proves to be doing what we suspect he is, give him the benefit of the doubt.

...of course, if he is cheating, I hope Kaoru dumps him like 75kg of compost and pairs off with someone who actually loves her.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Reiichi-kun might not actually be cheating. . . but until he proves to be doing what we suspect he is, give him the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose, but he continues to rack up a whole lot of "doubt" points that he needs "the benefit" for. If it were to be revealed that, "Wah-wah--turns out all those broken promises and sudden "work emergencies" were really all part of a big surprise project to do something wonderful for Kaoru!," we'd be in a very different story than the one we've been in so far.

(Except for the bizarre little random moments of self-awareness that the characters are in a manga with chapters and pages, of course.)
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch06#19

last edited at Feb 26, 2018 1:22PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

That would be an interesting twist, but let's see what's really happening here. Reiichi-kun might not actually be cheating. We just don't know yet. Like, okay, it's weird for the lesbian to be pulling for the het ship, but until he proves to be doing what we suspect he is, give him the benefit of the doubt.

I seriously don't even believe it's worth doubting at this point. I realize I've already had this argument with people in this forum, but seriously, it isn't just that he's been doing things that are super sketchy, and it isn't just that we saw him with this girl under suspicious circumstances, but to explain his behavior, and Risako's behavior, and the inner thoughts and comments we've seen from them in a context of "Whoops! It was all just a big misunderstanding!" Is just...too much of a stretch. It becomes comical at that point.

...of course, if he is cheating, I hope Kaoru dumps him like 75kg of compost and pairs off with someone who actually loves her.

That we agree on, although as much as I want Uta to have a happy ending, She obviously already has some kind of resentment towards her dad over something he did, and it's gonna suck for her to see her relationship with her brother soiled by all this.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

All of the manga I'm reading are hope drainers. *sighs*

joined Jan 18, 2017

I really want Uta to find out that he is cheating before Kaoru does. I really want her to be in the middle of telling him off almost screaming and when Kaoru walks she hears her saying "fine if you can't give Kaoru the love she deserves then I will."

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 9:30PM

joined Oct 13, 2015

I just caught up on three chapters. But i don't rememeber the brother being such a bastard. I actually liked his character. But in the last few, it's as though the mangaka has been changing his personality so that we would dislike him and to give reasons for divorce.
Maybe a missed earlier hints but this felt very sudden and a little bit forced.
Anyone else feel the same?

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

It’s been a while since I enjoyed a chapter of this series, a good chapter for once with actual development and showing character wise some enjoyable emotions

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

Ohhhhhh, nice chapter, I'm really excited for the next one, hope there is develpment too

To reply you must either login or sign up.