Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

joined Nov 22, 2019

its like they have no issues so new ones just got made

???

This is a conflict that has been constantly brought up and built on since the first few chapters after they got together

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Small typo on page 15 panel 4:
to sleep oday -> today

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Girl, go to therapy.

Nauticalstar
joined Sep 25, 2022

Fear of abandonment, black and white thinking, feelings of emptiness, etc..Yuna has more going on than chill under achiever.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This went from cute gays to yandere midlife crisis right real quick!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Lol the horoscopes.

And to think there are people who take that stuff seriously...

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I thought the "we have too much sex" thing was supposed to be a running gag, but turns out it was waaay more serious, sheesh.

Vivy-v-chan
joined Aug 14, 2020

Glad to see updates anyway... ^^

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

She's starting to become seriously scary and obsessive.... Is she gonna stab her gf next chapter?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Well this is slowly getting more and more depressing.

joined Aug 29, 2022

Yes I'm in Love with this so far and have pre-ordered the manga. Please continue with the adult yuri manga.... some smut is always great as well lol. I look forward to the next chapter, adding this to my forever yuri collection, and reading it multiple times.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Morinaga Bullshit GOOO!!!

joined Feb 17, 2018

While the irregular release schedule makes the reactions here expected, I'd encourage people to reread the story.

This is both an expected and an inevitable reaction from Yuna. She's someone who is very neurotic, struggling with deep insecurity issues and possibly an emotionally abusive past. Her thoughts consistently show her lack of self worth, and she only seems to find it in being loved by Rena. Naturally, any hint of that wavering will send her spiraling, because she has nothing else to pull from. I guess it's fair to say the series is melodramatic, but it also feels like a pretty realistic depiction of someone who is entirely too codependent on their partner and has no healthy coping mechanisms.

This post nailed it.

This chapter was too real. I was like that with my first girlfriend. That's what growing up in an abusive homophobic family that you escape as a teen by shacking up with an older lover does to you. My life is a cliche lol

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 12:28AM

joined Aug 29, 2016

While the irregular release schedule makes the reactions here expected, I'd encourage people to reread the story.

This is both an expected and an inevitable reaction from Yuna. She's someone who is very neurotic, struggling with deep insecurity issues and possibly an emotionally abusive past. Her thoughts consistently show her lack of self worth, and she only seems to find it in being loved by Rena. Naturally, any hint of that wavering will send her spiraling, because she has nothing else to pull from. I guess it's fair to say the series is melodramatic, but it also feels like a pretty realistic depiction of someone who is entirely too codependent on their partner and has no healthy coping mechanisms.

This post nailed it.

This chapter was too real. I was like that with my first girlfriend. That's what growing up in an abusive homophobic family that you escape as a teen by shacking up with an older lover does to you. My life is a cliche lol

I almost had a bunch of queer platonic relationships like this whew. Too relatable damn.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

This got realistic fast

While I dont relate with the low selfesteem, being unable to see one's own existence outside of the relationship is something I understand all too well

Codependency much

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

We've seen some hints of her past family life, and it looks like Yuna's had this issue with poor self image and feelings of inadequacy for a long time. Though it seems to have gotten worse over the course of the manga.

For me her "you're an adult, pull yourself together" routine before answering the phone was super relatable haha.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Yuna's character arc is very interesting and I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it before. It starts with her as an insecure flighty shut-in who then finds out that the person she's been idolizing (she basically saw Rena as the perfect woman at the start) is in love with her. So far that's pretty standard shoujo. But unlike in other stories where Rena's love would teach her self-worth etc, her romance has actually only deepened her issues. Yuna hates herself so much that she can't understand why Rena would love her, so she swings between excessive clinginess, irrational jealousy, and in this chapter nonstop seduction (because she subconsciously believes Rena could only lover her for her body). These behaviors make her feel guilty, which only feeds into her self-destructive cycle. And her lack of any external support system whatsoever means she has no external point of view to give her any perspective. She's probably the best-written character Morinaga's ever made, honestly.

All this does raise a concern, however. Morinaga's done such a good job depicting Yuna's ongoing self-destructive spiral that I kind of don't see how she can pull Yuna out of it without a massive asspull? As much as Rena loves her (and holy shit is Yuna lucky to have met Rena because she would be a prime target for abusers otherwise), she's self-confident and self-assured enough that I don't think she's capable of really understanding what Yuna is going through. Everything she does that to most people would reassure them just deepens Yuna's anxieties further. But Morinaga doesn't really do sad or even bittersweet endings so...I guess we'll see?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Bro this manga is fucking wild

and unfortunately relatable

Yipeevois
joined Nov 29, 2022

And they were roommates

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

Do we know when volume 3 is being released?

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

Why haven't they made an adaptation of Milk Morinaga's mangas yet? Girlfriends is basically the Yuri Mangan

joined Apr 11, 2022

God almost a year for one short chapter...

joined May 10, 2021

Man I totally thought the drama ended last year when I opened this chapter.
Woe is me I was dead wrong... C'mon stop with the stupid drama already and give us fluff & lewd back!
Thanks for the translation!

joined Jan 11, 2022

I'm 100% biased because Girlfriends was my introduction to yuri but... I love this author and this series, thanks for the upload and translation!

joined Jun 11, 2021

i love this series but its basically impossible to stay invested with how long the gaps between chapters are. i can't believe this started in 2017. i kind of feel bad for the author being stuck with it for so long. i'm sure they're doing other things besides but it must feel like a slog

To reply you must either login or sign up.