Forum › Posts by Rogirrim 13

Rogirrim 13
joined Apr 22, 2024

Hello, it's my first message in the forum, and I wanted to share some impressions of the last arc.

I think I'm gonna be a bit of a discordant note and I'm going to play a bit of Kase's devil's advocate, although it's true that I didn't like the "Fukami arc" either, but I blame it all on the author, for wanting to lengthen the manga unnecessarily, although Fukami's plot had to be put to an end, it didn't seem like the best way.

Yamada (who I adore) has a hard time expressing her feelings and Kase loves her so much that she isn't even able to conceive of being with another person, which is why she is not aware of her girlfriend's jealousy and suffering. Furthermore, Yamada didn't tell her that the rental contract was expiring and they were in a hurry to move. The moment Yamada tells her her feelings, Kase realizes her own mistake and feels very guilty. There is Kase's punishment, living wall to wall with Mikawa, something Kase didn't want (and Mikawa neither xD).

The negative point is that she should have stood her ground and not accepted the race since the very first moment. But between her extroverted and compliant personality, the debt to Fukami for not doing anything in the room for an entire year and the confinement of all her dormmates she subsided. And she crushed her greatest rival, when her goal is Yamada she is practically superhuman. Even more, we must see the issue of social relationships from a Japanese point of view, where social pressure is incredible. And the japanese stigma of a homosexual relationship aside, even more when Kase is lesbian and she is living (sleeping, even showering) with women.

For me, the great villain of this arc is neither Kase (who does not act well, I repeat) nor Fukami, who at least has a point. It's Inoue, who even knowing that Kase is going to live with her girlfriend forces an absurd situation with her authority.

I hope this arc served as a very important turning point in their relationship. With Yamada expressing her feelings and Kase understanding her better and putting her before everything. It could be their definitive consolidation as a couple.